Updated to El Capitan - can't launch C8 & C8.5 - eLCC errors

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
wahwahvubnu

Updated to El Capitan - can't launch C8 & C8.5 - eLCC errors

Post by wahwahvubnu » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:28 am

Hi,

I updated to El Capitan 2 weeks ago, and ever since I haven't been able to launch Cubase 8.0.35 or 8.5 !?

I did install the latest licenser software, with a lot of troubles following. I got this "LCC2" error, and "synopsos.app missing" ?
If I try to launch licenser control center, it tries to read my licenses, but keeps making the "Lcc2" error, or " connection to protection device lost". I can't runt the maintenance, and when it finally stops "reading" my licenses, there is nothing on it.

So I am wondering if my dongle died, when updating to El Capitan? Did anyone experiencing this?

I did install and uninstall elicensersoftware more than once. I sid also run the "eLC installer helper" app, more than once. I did uninstall and install Cubase 8 and 8.5 more than once. Nothing helped.

I did also wrote to support, but they are very busy, and I really need my Cubase to work again!
Last edited by wahwahvubnu on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smile!

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Updated to El Capitan - can't launch C8 & C8.5 -dongle d

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi,

Try to download and install the latest eLCC update, please.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

ahoward524

Post by ahoward524 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:28 am

I have the same problem and I downloaded the latest eLCC and nothing. All of my Steinberg software is useless. I guess I have to wait for a newer eLCC
17" Macbook Pro 2.4 Ghz Quad core i7, 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram With 512 GB SSD and 512 7200rpm 2nd drive. Nuendo 7, Cubase 8.5 Halion 5 Virtual Guitarist 2 Groove Agent 4 Absolute VST collection.

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:40 am

Thanks Martin, but as a I wrote
wahwahvubnu wrote:
I did install the latest licenser software.....
@ahoward: it sucks! But I am glad i am not alone. There must be a fix for it, we cant wait for a new version!!
What did you do? Did you update to El capitan also?
Smile!

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:52 am

Hi,

Could you try to plug the USB-eLicenser to another USB port?
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:09 am

I tried all the ports i got.
I followed Steinbergs advice on manually removing all elicenser files.

I have used Cubase for than 20 years, and never experienced anything like this.
Smile!

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Could really be the dongle died.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi,

It seams, there is the same report here. Then it could be, there is some general issue.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Frog

Post by Frog » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:32 pm

This is crazy stuff.
I would be insane if Cubase and H5 didn't launch.

Not sure why, but no issues here.
The version of eLicenser in the attachment is running with OSX 10.11.2. on my 2010 MBP: Cubase 8.5 and HALion 5.

Looks like it's version 6.9.2.1179 which is the previous version.
Attachments
eLicenser.png
(52.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2017 2.9GHz MBP; 2012 quad core i7 Mac Mini, SSDx2, 16 GB RAM; macOS 10.4, Apollo Quad via TB, Cubase Pro 9.5, HALion 6/Iconica, GA4.2, Dorico 1.2, MIDI guitars, Motif Rack XS-fw16e

ahoward524

Post by ahoward524 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:46 pm

I had a lot of problems with Steinberg and El Capitan, mainly the installers would not function any more but after a lot of time, effort and a complete reformatting of my Macbook Pro, I had Cubase 8.5 and Wavelab 8.5 working fine with El Capitan. But now, (all of a sudden) the eLicenser decided not to be compatible with El Capitan and I can't wait to see how Steinberg is going to make money off of this. :evil:
17" Macbook Pro 2.4 Ghz Quad core i7, 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram With 512 GB SSD and 512 7200rpm 2nd drive. Nuendo 7, Cubase 8.5 Halion 5 Virtual Guitarist 2 Groove Agent 4 Absolute VST collection.

Frog

Post by Frog » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:48 pm

I updated to the latest version - 6.9.2.1182 and applications are still running on a 2010 MBP.
2017 2.9GHz MBP; 2012 quad core i7 Mac Mini, SSDx2, 16 GB RAM; macOS 10.4, Apollo Quad via TB, Cubase Pro 9.5, HALion 6/Iconica, GA4.2, Dorico 1.2, MIDI guitars, Motif Rack XS-fw16e

bigsoundsgood

Post by bigsoundsgood » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Using eLicenser SW version 2.6.0.0 and no problems. Same with other software using the dongle. Thats on my MBP and on my iMac. What means to different dongles, two different machines and from the beginning not a single problem. All latest El Capitan.
Cubase Pro 10.0.20.187, macOS 10.14.5
UR28M, iConnectMIDI4+, etc.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
3,5 GHz Intel Core i5
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Cubase Junior Member since Atari

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Frog wrote:This is crazy stuff.
I would be insane if Cubase and H5 didn't launch.
I am a very calm person, and i tried to fix the problem my self before contactin support, and made this topic. Thats just the way I am.
BUT, I am about to get insane if it dosent get fixed! Or least someone from Steinberg gets in the game and TRY to solve this?

Where are you Steinberg?
Smile!

VinnieD

Post by VinnieD » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi,

Have you tried to contact Support directly too, or only through this forum?

In certain areas of the globe you can contact Steinberg support directly through your 'My Steinberg' account. Although the support team is apparently very busy, this is the best option to get personal support.

Hope this helps
Cubase Pro 9.5/ 10 - HALion 6/ HALionsonic 3 - NeoSoul Keys - Absolute VST+ - Kick2 - Groove Agent 4 - Korg Legacy M1 - Massive - Sylenth1 - BlueII - SubBoomBass - TAL-U-NO-LX - Cable Guys bundle
Win 10 (64b) - 8GB RAM - i7 3770k - UAD2 Solo - NVidia Geforce GTX970 - Oculus Rift DK2
Komplete Audio 6 - Yamaha H8 - Korg SP250 - Korg MS20 (Full Size Kit) - Novation Impulse 25 (Automap)
iPad Air 2 - Cubasis 2 - Cubase IC Pro - Nanologue

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:16 pm

@VinnieD: Yes, as I wrote in my first post, and the post before yours. I am aware of them being busy, but that dosent help me right now.
Smile!

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:10 pm

BUMP
Smile!

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:43 am

So I finally got a reply from support! - your dongle is broken, get a new.

Well, that has been my thought all along, but I just couldn't settle with it, just because I updated OS. It worked 1 hour before !?
So I installed the newest ECC, v. 6.9.2.1183 on a pc, win7 - and it worked fine, showing my C8.5 license.
I therefor went and installed the same version on my MBP, and same thing happened. Nothing! It reads 0 license.

So I am back to square, and still not able to use Cubase.
Happily I have Logic X, but I would really like Cubase to work again, since its my main DAW, and since i paid for v.8.5 to work on EL Capitan!

Argh!
Smile!

Svenne

Post by Svenne » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:31 pm

wahwahvubnu wrote:So I finally got a reply from support! - your dongle is broken, get a new.

Well, that has been my thought all along, but I just couldn't settle with it, just because I updated OS. It worked 1 hour before !?
So I installed the newest ECC, v. 6.9.2.1183 on a pc, win7 - and it worked fine, showing my C8.5 license.
I therefor went and installed the same version on my MBP, and same thing happened. Nothing! It reads 0 license.

So I am back to square, and still not able to use Cubase.
Happily I have Logic X, but I would really like Cubase to work again, since its my main DAW, and since i paid for v.8.5 to work on EL Capitan!

Argh!
Since you dongle works on a Windows PC there is, most likely, nothing wrong with it.

1. Have you tried it on another Mac (running El Capitan)? If it works, then the problem is with your system.

2. Did you update the system, or make a fresh install? Maybe something has gone wrong with the update process. An option would be to reformat the HD (after securing any other licenses, of cause) and make a clean install. I know that this means a lot of work, but it beats not being able to use your Steinberg software, doesn’t it?

And, oh yes. Apple released v10.11.3 a couple of days ago. You should run this update, if you haven’t already done so. If you’re lucky, it will solve your problem.
Cubase Pro 8.5.20 + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 9.0.30, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.11.6 (El Capitan), MR 816X, Avid Control/Mix, iPad Air (128GB), Cubasis 2.0, iTrack Dock.

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:51 pm

@Svenne: Yes I did update v10.11.3, as soon as I discovered it, hoping that would fix the issue. But it didn't..
I haven't tried it on another Mac, yet.
I did an update, and I have thought about doing a clean install, but that is absolutely if nothing helps. I work everyday on the machine, not always on Cubase, but a lot of others apps. And right now I cannot take the time for it. Luckily I haven't had so much work to do in Cubase, and the little I had I did in Logic. But very soon i need to edit VO, with the same settings, as the VO i did last year, so therefor I need Cubase, since it holds all the plugins, and setting that were used.
It is just f..... annoying! I waited with El Capitan till 8.5 came out, and were compatible, and then this happens...
I will loose a lot of time and work, if I have to do a clean install.

PS. After I wrote the update above, I tried to do what the supporter suggested, zero down time. I had a spare dongle i found, and i moved the license to that. The pc with Win7 reads the license in a second. ECC on Mac, with the "new" dongle, contains the temp license, just tries to read...forever...and ever. Nothing happens, no licenses.
Smile!

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:36 am

It seems more users are having this issue!

viewtopic.php?f=226&t=91259
viewtopic.php?f=230&t=89032
viewtopic.php?f=226&t=91007

Maybe it is USB port related? After the update I have to unplug my Scarlett, and plug it in again, after sleepmode, for it to work again. That issue werent there in Yosemite.
Could it be USB 3.0 related? I have tried every port I got, every port in every hub i got, with no luck.
Smile!

wahwahvubnu

Re: Updated to El Capitan - can't launch C8 & C8.5 - eLCC er

Post by wahwahvubnu » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:53 am

I just updated the subject, because the dongle is obvious not broken.
Smile!

DaveP

Post by DaveP » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:28 am

Not a huge help, but confirm the same issue here and updating the eLicenser version currently makes no difference at all.

My solution was the boring one in terms of lost productivity and rolled back via time machine and this fixed the issue. There were also various parts of my system that refused to see other USB items such as extra drives that worked with no issue before.

I was on 10.11.3 and attempted the upgrade to 10.11.4 with the results above. As a tester on these things this has been reported to Apple through their feedback system, hopefully to be read :)

There is obviously nothing wrong with the dongles in my opinion, just the ability to see/read them correctly via the latest updates.
iMac 2.7 2013, 8GB RAM, OS 10.4.3 , Cubase 10 Pro,
Panorama P4.
a red car in the fountain

wahwahvubnu

Post by wahwahvubnu » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm

I believe you are right DaveP. It looks like a USB issue in El Capitan, i didnt have the soundcard issue in Yosemite, and certainly not the dongle issue.
I do have back up, but i am not fond of rolling back. I am affraid it will do more damage than now?!

And I wonder when Steinberg are visiting this thread, like Dirk did with the others?
Smile!

Dirk Stegemann
Steinberg Employee

Post by Dirk Stegemann » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:27 pm

DaveP wrote:My solution was the boring one in terms of lost productivity and rolled back via time machine and this fixed the issue. There were also various parts of my system that refused to see other USB items such as extra drives that worked with no issue before.

I was on 10.11.3 and attempted the upgrade to 10.11.4 with the results above. As a tester on these things this has been reported to Apple through their feedback system, hopefully to be read :)
Apple does appreciate your feedback.
In fact, they got in touch with us to discuss certain USB related issues that became apparent with the latest beta seed of OS X 10.11.4.

From what I've learned, I'm confident that the final version of OS X 10.11.4 will not suffer from the issues that forced you to roll back to OS X 10.11.3.
Dirk Stegemann
Software Developer & QA
SMTG Digital Unit - Services

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

Dirk Stegemann
Steinberg Employee

Post by Dirk Stegemann » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:41 pm

wahwahvubnu wrote:I believe you are right DaveP. It looks like a USB issue in El Capitan, i didnt have the soundcard issue in Yosemite, and certainly not the dongle issue.
I do have back up, but i am not fond of rolling back. I am affraid it will do more damage than now?!
Personally, I have not been able to find any USB-eLicenser that didn't work on any of my OS X 10.11 'El Capitan' installations.
As I'm aware that there are now several customers like you that cannot use their USB-eLicenser anymore after upgrading to El Capitan, it is frustrating not to be able to reproduce/test/investigate the issue on any of our machines yet (which indicates that you're hitting a rare incompatibility).

On the other hand, we've already discovered other irregularities regarding El Capitan's USB stack, and Apple is currently investigating them as well.
Until we receive further information from Apple, I would advice to roll-back to OS X 10.10.5 in case you encounter difficulties using the USB-eLicenser on OS X 10.11.

If your USB-eLicenser works fine on OS X 10.11 'El Capitan', there is no reason to roll back.
Dirk Stegemann
Software Developer & QA
SMTG Digital Unit - Services

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

Return to “General”