Record Enable STUCK

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
Johnkenn

Record Enable STUCK

Post by Johnkenn »

I have had this issue since Cubase SX...Can SOMEONE help me? The record enable button sticks on the first track and you can't disable it. I'm on the latest Cubase 8. Mac OSX 10.9.5
You take the blonde, I'll take the one in the turban...

www.realgearonline.com

Johnkenn

Re: Record Enable STUCK

Post by Johnkenn »

bump

www.realgearonline.com

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

Had to trash prefs, but now it's not sticking anymore...

www.realgearonline.com

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock »

Thanks for the update and I'm glad it's fixed. Sorry no one assisted... :(

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 11, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

Well, it's back...and I REALLY don't want to trash prefs again...any ideas?

www.realgearonline.com

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

It's not track dependent. I can create any type of track, put it in the first position and the enable button won't turn off. Right now, I've just put a dummy midi track in the first position.

www.realgearonline.com

Luis Dongo

Post by Luis Dongo »

Hi Johnkenn,

can you please upload some screenshots?

Regards
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

paaltio

Post by paaltio »

I wonder if this is related to a bug that I encounter almost always once I work on a larger session for a long time in a single sitting. Basically randomly there's a track that gets its record button stuck. It's always a different one, not the top one. I can disable record on it, but once I hit play it's back on. The only fix is to close the session and reload. Never been able to reproduce this reliably.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core, ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme, 256GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10 (20H2), Nuendo 10.2.20, Cubase 11.0.0, Dorico 3.5.10

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

Luis Dongo wrote:Hi Johnkenn,

can you please upload some screenshots?

Regards
I can, but it's basically just a shot of the red record enable button being red. Maybe I'll try a video...

www.realgearonline.com

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

paaltio wrote:I wonder if this is related to a bug that I encounter almost always once I work on a larger session for a long time in a single sitting. Basically randomly there's a track that gets its record button stuck. It's always a different one, not the top one. I can disable record on it, but once I hit play it's back on. The only fix is to close the session and reload. Never been able to reproduce this reliably.
I've had this same bug over multiple computers and versions of Cubase.

www.realgearonline.com

John Cafarella

Post by John Cafarella »

Is "record enable on selected track" turned on?
John Cafarella

Windows 10, 16G RAM, UA Apollo 8 +satellite+ UAD2, Cubase 10, Wavelab. A bunch of old mics and preamps and a couple of ok rooms to put it all in.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

John Cafarella wrote:Is "record enable on selected track" turned on?
No

www.realgearonline.com

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

paaltio wrote:I wonder if this is related to a bug that I encounter almost always once I work on a larger session for a long time in a single sitting. Basically randomly there's a track that gets its record button stuck. It's always a different one, not the top one. I can disable record on it, but once I hit play it's back on. The only fix is to close the session and reload. Never been able to reproduce this reliably.
Yeah, I have this happen all the time. I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it. But it seems to happen when I've been editing multiple midi parts simultaneously using the Key and Score Editors. When you open a part in the Key Editor it record enables that track (a behavior I hate, hate, hate - record enable should only happen when I want it). I think when having multiple midi editors open at the same time Cubase can get confused about which ones have been closed and the record enable is left on even when no editor has anything on that track open.

While closing and re-opening the project does resolve this, you can also clear it by opening a midi part on the impacted track with the Key Editor and then closing the editor.
rodger

Cubase Pro 11, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

What do you do to fix it? I'm having to put a midi track first and it just stays record enabled. Sigh. I wish a mod would speak to this...

www.realgearonline.com

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

Still happening intermittently three years later in 9.5.

The first track gets stuck in record enable and won’t turn off.

www.realgearonline.com

planarchist

Post by planarchist »

How bizarre....can't say I've ever seen this in more than twenty years of using Cubase. It's clearly not just your set-up if it's moved from one computer to another but may be something in the way you use it? I'm not denying it's been an issue for you and indeed rodger but suspect no further input from Steinberg means most folk don't see it.

Does trashing (or renaming) the preferences file always cure it or was that just once?

Did you ever upload a video?
Nic

Cubase Pro 10.5, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, RME Digiface, Behringer ADA8200, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 10.5. Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit , Steinberg CI2+.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 2.5 iPad Mini 4 64GB

My Cubase recorded songs here (also on most other streaming services).... https://open.spotify.com/artist/6rHmZY1IPskvtYL1Zzw6Vy

astral_outlander

Post by astral_outlander »

I have same problem. Record enable stucks on first track? no matter audio or midi. I've notice that when i turn out my m-audio code61, the button works normaly. I solved it this way: my keyboard can work with two protocols - Mackie or HUI. I've decided to switch between them, and when i switch it to Mackie problem dissapeared. Maybe that information will help.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

9.5.2...same issue. And it's intermittent. Just pulled up a session and there it is. Record enable enabled on first track. If I pull another track into the first position, it becomes record enable and I'm unable to turn it off. Really annoying.

www.realgearonline.com

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

So the HUI protocol could be causing it?

www.realgearonline.com

LivationMystic

Post by LivationMystic »

Johnkenn wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 12:05 am
So the HUI protocol could be causing it?
Hope this reply helps after all these years! I have run into this problem a couple times over the past few weeks.

Turns out, yes, it is the HUI protocol. I have a Korg Midi Controller that I've been using on and off.
It uses the HUI protocol to connect in Cubase.

Since last night I had the only-record-enable-track-1 problem....until I unplugged the Korg. The problem immediately went away.

I didn't have the Korg initialized to work with Cubase at the time, so it must've been fighting Cubase on the record enable.

So, if you ever have this problem again, look at whatever HUI protocol devices you have connected.
This thread helped me, so I really hope this reply helps!

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

Wow...I think you're right. But that really sucks because I use the old Frontier Tranzport in HUI as my remote transport. Guess I'll have to find another way.

www.realgearonline.com

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn »

Can there be a fix for this? How do I report bugs?

www.realgearonline.com

Return to “General”