Constant problems in Sequel 2 and endless eLicencer issues

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
Quatermass

Constant problems in Sequel 2 and endless eLicencer issues

Post by Quatermass » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:56 pm

I am running Sequel 2 since its release, I have always had glitch problems with this program, also find the e-Licencer a real pain in the rear to use. I always run into licence problems everytime I buy new software, then you have to go through the routine of update this and re-active that, this is all very frustraiting when all you want is to install and create music. I don't know why but I continue to use Sequel 2, today I bought a new content pack "VST Prologue Discoveries" to be exact. I paid for and downloaded the Installer, received the activation code by email, opened the e-licencer, the varification process seemed to go well and I attempted to open Sequel 2, I then my problems began. On opening Sequel 2 I get this error message window pop-up (soft-elicenser doesn't have enought permissions to run properly Please run LCC to fix this). I then open LCC and this tells me to update my outdated version, I download and install the update. Thinking this will have solved my problem (WRONG!). I then double check out its new interphase (all very complicated and not user-friendly as the info video on the download page would have me believe). I look at the licences and I see that the MP3 encoder has exprired 2 years ago, I don't recall ever buying that but fine. I check to see if the new VST Prologue Discoveries pack is valid and it says it is. Yet when I click to open Sequel 2 it tells me the same old "soft-elicenser doesn't have enought permissions to run properly Please run LCC to fix this."
I google this problem and see it could be the usual - Vista install as admin problem, I reinstall everything as admin, I still have the same error pop-up, followed by another pop-up saying: Application 'Sequel 2.x' has caused the following error:

eLicenser(s) contain(s) no valid license for this application.

Options:
- For troubleshooting information click <Help>.
- Click <Licenses> to view available licenses.
- Connect a valid eLicenser and click <Retry>.
- Click <Cancel> to abort

I am stuck in a loop of licence problems and once again I cannot use Sequel 2.
Any suggestions are welcomed, more hair loss over this program is inevitable, I am running Vista on a high spec computer. Please do not remove this post Admin's, we can't all say great things about Steinberg products.
With thanks if this post gets any attention.

Quatermass

Re: Constant problems in Sequel 2 and endless eLicencer issues

Post by Quatermass » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:08 am

Why bother having a support option on this site when you don't actually give any support?
You have no direct email or phone contact information on the main Steinberg site, all you list is countries and links to here. I see this forum does not get used for obvious reasons.
My experience with dealing with Steinberg can only be described as a Nightmare!
I am now left with demo deadlines that can't be met, thanks to this rubbish software that never fails to let me down. Everytime I buy new contents sets I have the same installation problems and activation headaches. You really need to step-back and take a good look at this elicences interphase, make it simple and user-friendly for all OS, instead of user-nightmare!
Why don't you people just build this eLicencer activation into your Sequel 2 software with an 1-click auto-update option?. We pay good money for this software and all we end up with is another glitch because of some incompatabilty issue with your conflicting, over-complicated, always outdated eLicencer apps that make no sense to even the most advanced PC user. I expected a better product with a better support from the Steinberg name.
Today I have wasted more money and time on trying to install a simple sound pack, I would like to get my Sequel up a running again. failing that, can someone point me in a refund direction? for a product that does not do what it says on the tin.

Quatermass

Re: Constant problems in Sequel 2 and endless eLicencer issues

Post by Quatermass » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:17 am

Thanks to google - Problem solved!
Here's the solution for other users:
I now have to right-click on the Sequel 2 program icon on my desktop, then select the option "Run as admin."
Sequel 2 will then open.

Until the next OS/Interphase glitch!

Adios!

Return to “Sequel”