USB keyboard no longer detected

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
simoncrocket

USB keyboard no longer detected

Post by simoncrocket » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi - suddenly my EDIROL PCR-1 controller keyboard is not being picked up in Sequel 2.....:x
Anyone got any ideas ? I have had the keyboard tested by Roland who say it is working ok
simoncrocket

TeachYourselfSinging

Re: My MS Wireless USB Not Deteched

Post by TeachYourselfSinging » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi Everyone
My MicroSoft USB Wireless Keyboard works fine when installing software, registering, and here in the forums. But when Sequel is open, it does not recognize that I even have a PC Keyboard plugged in.
Only thing I can suggest is plug your keyboard in a few times and also try a different USB Port. I sometimes have to do that with all my USB Music and Audio Devices. Sometimes they just hang in Vista.
Happy Composing
TeachYourselfSinging
Teach Yourself Singing If You Can Talk You Can Sing
On Amazon, eBay and on the World Wide Web.
www.TeachYourselfSinging.com
My eBay Store Welcomes All
http://stores.ebay.com/TeachYourselfSin ... eSongs4You

TeachYourselfSinging

Re: USB keyboard no longer detected

Post by TeachYourselfSinging » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:17 am

Hi All,
After I downloaded and installed ASIO For All Driver. Not only did not Creative ASIO driver start working with Sequel 2, but now my USB Keyboard does also. Hoo Ray.
Funny through, the ASIO For All Driver does not work, but it must have changing something in the registry just by installing it.
Happy Composing
TeachYourselfSinging
Teach Yourself Singing If You Can Talk You Can Sing
On Amazon, eBay and on the World Wide Web.
www.TeachYourselfSinging.com
My eBay Store Welcomes All
http://stores.ebay.com/TeachYourselfSin ... eSongs4You

JHP

Post by JHP » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:34 pm

simoncrocket wrote:Hi - suddenly my EDIROL PCR-1 controller keyboard is not being picked up in Sequel 2.....:x
Anyone got any ideas ? I have had the keyboard tested by Roland who say it is working ok
See if restarting the computer can solve the problem. In any case you should download and install the latest drivers from the website of the manufacturer.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

simoncrocket

Post by simoncrocket » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks - re-booting doesn't make any difference, and I have the latest drivers - but still the midi keyboard is not responding in Sequel 2. The odd thing is, that I can still get a signal through the keyboards inbuilt soundcard ok, when I'm recording real instruments.... it is just the keyboard control of Sequels midi sounds I can not now use - soooo frustrating ! :?
simoncrocket

JHP

Post by JHP » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 am

Did you already try this:
Solving problems with Sequel
This magic bullet is to address several issues with Sequel.
It cannot do any harm and it is always the first thing to do if you experience a problem in Sequel.

You should reset your Sequel by generating a new preferences folder. All preferences will be set back as if Sequel has been freshly installed. The Media Bay Presets will be rescanned.
In order to do so you must rename the following folder:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\ Application Data \Steinberg\Sequel 2
You must rename to
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\ Application Data \Steinberg\Sequel 2 inactiv

Mac OS X
/Users/Your Username/Library/Preferences/Sequel 2
You must rename to
/Users/Your Username/Library/Preferences/Sequel 2 inactive

PC Windows 7/Vista
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 2
You must rename to
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 2 inactive

If you cannot follow the path stated above you might have to "show hidden files and folders" in Windows.
!Make sure to setup your ASIO driver in the Sequel setup correctly again after generating the new preferences folder.

You can find the "Program Settings Page" in which you must setup your ASIO driver if you click on the symbol on the lower left corner. The "Program Settings Page" symbol looks like this:
◘ ✓
◘ ✓
◘ ...

You should avoid using the "Direct X Full Duplex" driver. If you have a dedicated ASIO Device you should choose the respective device driver in the "Program Settings Page". If you are using the internal Soundcard of your System you should choose the "Generic Low Latency" driver. In many cases the ASIO4All driver works even better. You can download the ASIO4ALL driver from http://www.ASIO4ALL.com. Download the driver and install it. After this you will be able to choose it as ASIO device driver in the "Program Settings Page".

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

leo tolstoy

Post by leo tolstoy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:02 pm

i had this problem - it is very frustrating - until i solved it - i found that the only way my usb keybaord works is if its plugged into the laptop when i switch the laptop on ie. if i plug the keyboard in after the laptop has been switched on i can't get it to work

simoncrocket

Post by simoncrocket » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Thanks for your suggestions..I tried the MAGIC BULLET..but no joy I am afraid....I also tried downloading the ASIO4ALL driver...but still same problem - Sequel 2 will no longer pick up the signal from my midi keyboard. Some further info on my set up - incse it is rlevent. I am using Vista 64 bit OS. My Midi keyboard is EDIROL PCR-1 - which also has it's own soundcard for recording instruments - which is still working fine. I just simply cannot play Sequel synths using my midi keyboard. :x
simoncrocket

JHP

Post by JHP » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:19 pm

If the keyboard still does not work there most likely is a problem with the MIDI drivers.
You should reinstall the latest drivers:
http://www.roland.com/products/en/_supp ... DUCT=PCR-1

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

simoncrocket

Post by simoncrocket » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks - but that links to the original driver version 1.0.0.0 - which I already have. I have tried re-installing it just the same, but no joy
simoncrocket

JHP

Post by JHP » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:09 am

Try to connect the device to another USB Port. Maybe you should consider to contact the manufacturer of the device and ask them if they have ever heard of such a problem.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

simoncrocket

Post by simoncrocket » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks - I shall try a different USB socket.
As mentioned at the beginning I have had the keyboard tested by Roland who say it is working ok.
Another friend suggested I try it with a different computer, which is perhaps the best diagnostic to see if it is a keyboard problem, or a pc one... my next option ....
simoncrocket

simoncrocket

Post by simoncrocket » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Well - I tried the keyboard on another computer - using Ableton free trial download, and it worked !! How odd..... so I still have the probelm in getting it to play using Sequel 2 :?
simoncrocket

simoncrocket

Post by simoncrocket » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:51 pm

FINALLY SORTED - this problem was resolved by backing up all my files, and restoring my PC to original factory status, and reloading my software, and files again. This showed it was the PC causing the issue, not Sequel 2, or the keyboard. Very happy bunny now... :D
May I also point out here that the Syncrosoft e-licensor software has been improved 1000% - it was an utter nightmare before, but new system - just released - makes it a doddle ! Thanks Steinberg !
simoncrocket

JHP

Post by JHP » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 am

Nice! :D

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

Return to “Sequel”