No content browser menu

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
1wedge

No content browser menu

Post by 1wedge » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:30 pm

I've installed, registered and activated Sequel2 but there is no pulldown menue on the top left of the media browser so I can't access any other content in other folders or on other drives..... I've tried the magic bullet and NG. also can't change the default location to save projects....
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name WADENEW
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~2663 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0409, 7/28/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.35 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 5.19 GB
Name E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM)

1wedge

Re: No content browser menu

Post by 1wedge » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Someone?... Anyone?..... Buller???
System Name WADENEW
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Page File Space 5.19 GB

JHP

Post by JHP » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:39 am

I've installed, registered and activated Sequel2 but there is no pulldown menue on the top left of the media browser so I can't access any other content in other folders or on other drives.....
In the upper left there should be a drop down menu if you click on the "User Content" box.
SequelMediaBayDropDown.PNG
(19.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
If you would like to use your own files in Sequel there is a "User Content Location" you can specify in the "Program Settings Page". Close and restart Sequel after you have changed these settings.
I've tried the magic bullet and NG. also can't change the default location to save projects....
In the "Program Settings Page" you can also change the "Project Location". Close and restart Sequel after you have changed these settings.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

1wedge

Post by 1wedge » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Did you read my post???
That is exactly what I am trying to say, There IS NO content box. Its just not there.. its an empty space. No box, nothing to pull down. nada, zip, zilch.
I've also changed the user location for projects and when I restart it goes back to the default... Do I have f'***ed up copy of the program???

here is a screen shot...
Sequel2.jpg
Screen Shot
(156.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
System Name WADENEW
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Page File Space 5.19 GB

JHP

Post by JHP » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

1. Content Problem
- Deinstall Sequel 2--> Reinstall Sequel 2 as Admin by right clicking on the "Setup.exe" that is located on your Sequel 2 DVD (right click--> Run As Administrator)

- On the DVD the vstsound files "SequelContent00.vstsound" to "SequelContent12.vstsound" can be found in DVDDrive:\Sequel 2 for Windows
copy all the vstsound files to the following path:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

- On the DVD drive the Halion One HSB content files can be found in
DVDDrive:\Sequel 2 for Windows\Additional Content\HALionOne
copy the HSB files to:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\HALionOne SoundBanks

- Reinstal HALionOne by using the following file:
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/VSTi_H ... .1.0.0.exe

- Reset Sequel by using the "Magic Bullet" procedure that is described when following this link.
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... =41&t=5760

- Startup Sequel

2.Changing Project Location
- Change "Project Location"
- Save Project
- Load that project
- Restart Sequel
----
If this does not work try to keep your reply as technical and relevant to the problem as possible.
----
Ohh yes, you should enter your bonus loop activation code in the eLicenser Control Center and download the Bonus Loops license to your "USB-eLicenser/Steinberg Key".

1. Download and install the latest eLicenser Control Center from http://www.elcc.eu.
2. Open the eLicenser Control Center via "Start--> Programs--> eLicenser--> eLicenser Control Center" and enter the activation code.

Apart from finding the actication code in your email history you also will be able to find it in your MySteinberg account by clicking on "Show Registered Products--> Activation codes received online".

More Information about the Bonus Loops:
After you had registered Sequel to your user account at MySteinberg, you have received an email with an activation code for 500 additional Bonus Loops for Sequel (Soundframe Pack 01). The loops have already been installed with Sequel and all you need to do is to start the eLicenser Control Center/License Control Center and use the "Enter Activation Code" (eLCC)/"Download License" (LCC) for downloading the Bonus Loops license by entering the activation code from the email you have received.

After that you may ask yourself how to identify the new loops in Sequels MediaBay. In the MediaBay just click on the field "All Content", then select "Bonus Loops". Now you can just browse through the Bonus Loops for easy preview.
Here you can select what to see in the MediaBay...

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

1wedge

Post by 1wedge » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Thank you that is a very helpful answer.
I had reinstalled Sequel, but did not right click and do so as administrator.
I will follow the additional instruction and am hoping that will take care of it.
If not, I will try to provide as technical a description of any issue as possile.
I apologize if my frustration of 4 days interfered with my ability to adequately convey
the necessary information to you.
WC
System Name WADENEW
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Page File Space 5.19 GB

1wedge

Post by 1wedge » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Unfortunately, It did not work.
I ran through the above list exactly as printed.
Here are some observation from that process;
--Installing as Administrator created an empty folder named Sequel 2 under C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Steinberg\Sequel 2 again, that folder is empty

--The software tries to install to the default location C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Sequel 2 and succedes in doing so.

--The software installs VST and HALionOne content to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Content

--I also have content folders under
C:\Documents and Settings\[my name]\Application Data\Steinberg\Content
and
Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content

--When I rename C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Sequel 2 to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Sequel 2 inactive and restart the program, I get a new C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Sequel 2

--Reinstalling HALionOne from the archive appeard to be successful, but I have no way to be sure.

Honestly I have given in excess of 15 hour of my time trying to resolve this problem with software that is supposed to be basic and user friendly. I'm very busy and my time is worth $60/Hr. This hardly seems like a fair or equitable situation. I trust you can understand my frustration here....
System Name WADENEW
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Page File Space 5.19 GB

JHP

Post by JHP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 am

Honestly I have given in excess of 15 hour of my time trying to resolve this problem with software that is supposed to be basic and user friendly. I'm very busy and my time is worth $60/Hr. This hardly seems like a fair or equitable situation. I trust you can understand my frustration here.....
1Wedge, Sequel 2 is basic and user friendly. You will see that there is no problem with Sequel at all if you install it on a commonly configured system and connect you eLicenser with the Sequel 2 license. Extremely rarely a problem like this can occur and it is related to uncommon system and software configurations.
This is not a general Sequel 2 problem. The program usually installs and runs smoothly. I do understand you frustration and that is why I am trying to provide you with soulutions.

Is there an external Administrator engaged? I mean is another person besides yourself configuering the User accounts and rights on this system?
--Installing as Administrator created an empty folder named Sequel 2 under C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Steinberg\Sequel 2 again, that folder is empty
Once you start up Sequel the folder should gain files. Is this the case?
--The software tries to install to the default location C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Sequel 2 and succedes in doing so.
So the installation already succeded to the standard paths. Did you install to another path before?
In my instructions I had stated that a "Deinstall of Sequel 2" was necessary before the reinstallation. Are you sure that you deinstalled Sequel 2. In Windows you can deinstall a programm with the "Add/Remove Programs" function that you can find in the "Control Panel".

You have not commented to the following instructions and it seems like you have disregarded them:
- On the DVD the vstsound files "SequelContent00.vstsound" to "SequelContent12.vstsound" can be found in DVDDrive:\Sequel 2 for Windows
copy all the vstsound files to the following path:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

and

- On the DVD drive the Halion One HSB content files can be found in
DVDDrive:\Sequel 2 for Windows\Additional Content\HALionOne
copy the HSB files to:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\HALionOne SoundBanks

These are important steps that could solve this problem and should not be overlooked.
--When I rename C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Sequel 2 to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Sequel 2 inactive and restart the program, I get a new C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Sequel 2
Renaming the folders in the Magic Bullet suggestions is the most important step.
You have not gone through this procedure correctly.

You should not rename the pathes that you have stated. This is not in the actual instructions or suggestions I made. If you rename this path it could create problems. Please follow the link again and rename the correct path.
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... =41&t=5760
--Reinstalling HALionOne from the archive appeard to be successful, but I have no way to be sure.
The main problem is a Sequel 2 installation problem or content problem. The installation of HALionOne is rather preventive. If the installation of the HALionOne went through all should be fine.

I await your reply.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

1wedge

Post by 1wedge » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:25 am

Yes I would agree this is certainly an odd problem.
I went through the prior instructions step by step as printed. I only commented on the things that seemd unusual.
There is another administrator. My IT guy is an admin. Access to admin is password protected for both of us. I had to use my password to run setup as administrator.
I thought I did the magic bullet correctly. Reading it it tells you to add "inactive" yo the existing Sequel 2 folder name then restart sequel and it will regenerate the folder. Id did and it did. I had then a folder called Sequel 2 as well as Sequel 2 inactive.

I will go through the process again you as you outline.

I appreciate your taking the time to assist.

PS I did copy all the files over from DVD....
System Name WADENEW
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Page File Space 5.19 GB

JHP

Post by JHP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:23 am

1wedge wrote:Yes I would agree this is certainly an odd problem.
I went through the prior instructions step by step as printed. I only commented on the things that seemd unusual.
There is another administrator. My IT guy is an admin. Access to admin is password protected for both of us. I had to use my password to run setup as administrator.
I thought I did the magic bullet correctly. Reading it it tells you to add "inactive" yo the existing Sequel 2 folder name then restart sequel and it will regenerate the folder. Id did and it did. I had then a folder called Sequel 2 as well as Sequel 2 inactive.

I will go through the process again you as you outline.

I appreciate your taking the time to assist.

PS I did copy all the files over from DVD....
Ok, let me know how this issue develops and what happens so I can get back to you. Maybe you could ask your Admin to install Sequel 2 with his account and see if that solves the issue.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

1wedge

Post by 1wedge » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Ok, still no luck..
I did a complete uninstall of the program and again, went through the install and update, etc. steps you provided.
This time I did it under my IT guys Administrator account. Still no change with the problem.

It seems to me that the problem is with the program not the install.
You have given me explicit instruction on how to unlock my car door, how to sit in the divers seat and how to start the engine. But in spite of all that the steering wheel is still missing so it really doesn't matter how many times or how many ways I start the car, it still can't be driven because its missing a vital part.

The program as installed each and every time is otherwise fully functional, and performs as it should. It just does not have a content menu. I would think if this were an installation problem the program would fail to function in some manner or other. That is not the case. It works fine except it is missing a major and important component. That does not seem to me to be an installation problem, but an actual problem with the software.

To test this theory, I did an install on a different computer with one user with full administrative rights and no other music production software installed and the result is exactly the same. No Content Brower Pull Down Menu.

I don't mean to question the technical expertise of the company that makes the product and obviously has substantially more experience with issues like this than I do, but there has to come a point where it is accepted that I have a defective product and nothing is going to change that. As it stands, all I have is $100 frisbee... The retailer does not accept returns on software, and the disk I have is apparently of no use without this particular feature. Its kind of like a feature limited demo and of no real use to me as such... I really don't know what else to do at this point, but continually installing and uninstalling the same program over and over is obviously not the solution because it is obviously not the problem.
Please advise..
W
System Name WADENEW
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Page File Space 5.19 GB

JHP

Post by JHP » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:12 am

1wedge wrote:Ok, still no luck..
I did a complete uninstall of the program and again, went through the install and update, etc. steps you provided.
This time I did it under my IT guys Administrator account. Still no change with the problem.

It seems to me that the problem is with the program not the install.
You have given me explicit instruction on how to unlock my car door, how to sit in the divers seat and how to start the engine. But in spite of all that the steering wheel is still missing so it really doesn't matter how many times or how many ways I start the car, it still can't be driven because its missing a vital part.
Everybody else has no problem driving this car.
1wedge wrote: The program as installed each and every time is otherwise fully functional, and performs as it should. It just does not have a content menu. I would think if this were an installation problem the program would fail to function in some manner or other. That is not the case. It works fine except it is missing a major and important component. That does not seem to me to be an installation problem, but an actual problem with the software.
If this would be a general problem with Sequel 2 you would not be the only one experiencing it.
1wedge wrote: To test this theory, I did an install on a different computer with one user with full administrative rights and no other music production software installed and the result is exactly the same. No Content Brower Pull Down Menu.
Is there a component that your system and this other system have in common? Are there maybe the same system and security tools installed?
1wedge wrote: I don't mean to question the technical expertise of the company that makes the product and obviously has substantially more experience with issues like this than I do, but there has to come a point where it is accepted that I have a defective product and nothing is going to change that. As it stands, all I have is $100 frisbee... The retailer does not accept returns on software, and the disk I have is apparently of no use without this particular feature. Its kind of like a feature limited demo and of no real use to me as such... I really don't know what else to do at this point, but continually installing and uninstalling the same program over and over is obviously not the solution because it is obviously not the problem.
Please advise..
W

Download and install the latest eLicenser Control Center from http://www.elcc.eu.
Here are the minimum system requirements for Sequel 2:

* Pentium / Athlon 2 GHz desktop, 1.7 GHz mobile, or Dual Core 1.6 GHz processor
* 1 GB RAM
* 6 GB of free hard disk space
* Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
* Display resolution 1280 x 800 pixels
* Windows DirectX compatible audio hardware; ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low latency performance
* DVD-ROM drive
* Internet access required for license activation

Could you state some more information about the systems that where used?
Are you using a netbook?
In which display resolution are you working?

The Problem "No Content Brower Pull Down Menu" will occur if the Sequel window does not have enough space on the screen.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

1wedge

Post by 1wedge » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:51 pm

>>Everybody else has no problem driving this car.
Their car has a steering wheel...
I am not implying this is a "Sequel" specific problem, but a problem with the specific disk I have. One-off problems are not unheard of, however.....
Both computers are desk top, dual core processor, 3 GIG RAM running WinXP SP3, 300+ Gig Disk Space.
I had the spec on my primary machine as part of my forum signature but it keeps disappearing. I will re-enter it again later so all the info is available to you.
I will check the screen resolution when I get home, but on the primary machine I am running Cubase5. Is the screen resolution more demanding for Sequel2 than Cubase5, or if its fine for one should it be fine for the other?
I will check the screen resolution and increase it even if it is at 1280 x 800 then go through the whole re-install process again.

Primary Machine has a E-Mu 1010/1212 audio card, I have a number of ASIO drivers as well as DirectX, Second Machine DirectX. The common applications as far as I can tell are Norton Anti-virus, Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, though not necessarily the same versions... They share no hardware except the router for internet access. The latest eLicense was installed on both machines prior to the Sequel2 installations.
System Name WADENEW
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Page File Space 5.19 GB

1wedge

Post by 1wedge » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:39 am

Well, I have to hand it to you. Never in a million years would I have thought that the dispay resolution would be the issue. Especially since I tend to set the resolution slightly hight than most people prefer, but apparently not high enough. I would have thought that everything would resize accordingly, but as soon as I reset the display resolution, the content browser menu appeared. Odd that thats the only thing affected by it, but oh well... Of course I'll have to go get reading glasses now to see my desktop icons... but its there and everything is working just fine. As you indicated, it's in the Min. System Requirements, but its something so easily overlooked :oops: So, thank you for working through both this issue and my frustration with me. There's a couple of lessons learned there...
W
System Name WADENEW
System Model P5Q SE
System Type X86-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Page File Space 5.19 GB

JHP

Post by JHP » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Ok, to summerize what was the problem and what was the solution:

Problem:
The "Select Browser Location" box did not appear and was missing.
Solution:
Check the resolution settings for you display. They should be at least "1280 x 800 pixels" or the box will indeed not be displayed.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Hamburg, Germany

Return to “Sequel”