My new guitar

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:49 am

Hi there people
I just had to chime in with this

This gentlemen; is the best axe I've played ever!
And since yesterday it is paid for and mine
http://www.rockinger.com/index.php?cat= ... duct=RG001

It is all a Fender American strat should be but better.

I just use guitars... use them to my liking but with the Duesenberg Roger I fell in love again, haha.

Kim :)
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:55 am

What I meant by that is: it is so "big" compared to my Ibanez guitars. It is like the guitar has a soul and sound of its own and I want to conquer it
I thought I was over this, but alas no :)

Kim
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

Early21
Senior Member
Posts: 1890
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by Early21 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:55 am

Looks like a beauty. Hope you enjoy it!
Cubase 8.0 Pro, Wavelab 6 Essential, Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop/Win10, Steinberg UR212, Izotope Ozone, Izotope RX6, NI Komplete
My album Incontinental Breakfast at http://lborden.bandcamp.com. Works in process: https://soundcloud.com/incontinentals.

User avatar
NorthWood MediaWorks
Senior Member
Posts: 2339
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:55 am

lets hear it!!!
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:20 pm

NorthWood MediaWorks wrote:lets hear it!!!
Will do :)

With this guitar I can find the real me, not just some plastic representation
For the first time since 1995 (when my son was born) I feel hope again

Kim :)
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

Lenny Lee
Member
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by Lenny Lee » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:58 pm

That's great that you've found a guitar which inspires you! Can't wait to hear it.
Is yours also sunburst w/ rosewood neck?
aka FastnLoose

Lenny Lee at Bandcamp

Box o' Chocolates at CDBaby

OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Lenny Lee wrote:That's great that you've found a guitar which inspires you! Can't wait to hear it.
Is yours also sunburst w/ rosewood neck?
Thank you Lenny, and yes ny new guitar has the tobacco sunburst finish

Kim
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

Paul Woodlock
Member
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: My new guitar

Post by Paul Woodlock » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:48 pm

OnkelGrusom wrote:What I meant by that is: it is so "big" compared to my Ibanez guitars. It is like the guitar has a soul and sound of its own and I want to conquer it
I thought I was over this, but alas no :)

Kim
Great stuff Kim!

Time for some Image Image Image Image

and then for some ...

Image Image Image Image
Got a Brian - Morans

"It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" -- Andre Gide

Lenny Lee
Member
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by Lenny Lee » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:49 pm

OnkelGrusom wrote:
Lenny Lee wrote:That's great that you've found a guitar which inspires you! Can't wait to hear it.
Is yours also sunburst w/ rosewood neck?
Thank you Lenny, and yes ny new guitar has the tobacco sunburst finish

Kim
Niiiiice.
aka FastnLoose

Lenny Lee at Bandcamp

Box o' Chocolates at CDBaby

User avatar
Strophoid
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 4648
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by Strophoid » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Looks great, congratulations :D
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

RokGeetar
Junior Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 pm
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by RokGeetar » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:16 pm

That's a beautie Kim! Have fun taming the beast! 8-)
Rok
It's my birthday!

Lenny Lee
Member
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by Lenny Lee » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 pm

So what's taking so long with the audio sample??! :)

8-)
aka FastnLoose

Lenny Lee at Bandcamp

Box o' Chocolates at CDBaby

User avatar
HornForHire
Senior Member
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:52 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by HornForHire » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 am

Very nice, Kim! 8-)
I know just how you feel, I felt the same when I bought my Selmer Mark VI three years ago.
It's an inspiring horn and it hasn't let me down yet. I love playing it! 8-)

Have fun with it! :)

Cheers,
Wim

User avatar
philter
Member
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by philter » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 am

Looks great Kim. I'll keep my eye on that company.
Still can't hear the sustain from here? Are you afraid to play it or something? :D

Cheers
Phil
Gather thee Minimal Cheese @ yonder shoppe: www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi there people and thank you for commenting
There was some significant fret noise on the Roger even with pretty heavy tuning/fixing of the guitar so I regretfully returned it.
I really loved the feel of that guitar :(
But… I bought another guitar.
Better in almost all respects:
1: 22 frets instead of 21 (try playing a high tone/note fast lead on a 21 fret guitar if you are used to 22 or 24 you will end up on the wrong notes from time to time, hehe)
2: hard case included
3: HSS configuration instead of SSS. And to my joy the humbucker in this guitar is not a beefy heavy metal one. Merely a good sounding humbucker that you can use for just about anything depending on the amp you use it on
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 pm

The guitar I finally settled on was this:
http://www.fender.com/products/american ... dNo=011910

I just could not pay 8000nok with discount for a guitar that had all these fret probs.
So I ended up paying 10 000 nok instead for a Fender American deluxe

I got 5000 nok off on the retail price.

Retail here for that Fender is 15000+
I got it for 9995

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298 ... G_3438.jpg

Now I am happy

Kim :)
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

twilightsong
Senior Member
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by twilightsong » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:33 am

I eagerly await hearing some of your fine finger-style playing on that dude!
"There is no avant-garde; only some people a bit behind." -- Edgar Varese
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember

User avatar
HornForHire
Senior Member
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:52 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by HornForHire » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 am

Sorry to hear about the fret noise problem of the Roger...

But this one looks very schweet! Enjoy! :D

Zenda
Member
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: My new guitar

Post by Zenda » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:37 am

WOW

ffffffffffffff .... er

Now I am TRULY JEALOUS.

This guitar, apart from the scratchplace, is IDENTICAL to my first guitar which got stolen when I was burgled about 20 years ago. B E A Utiful!

:)
The Gypsy King
Music - out of date
Photos

i7930, OCZ Vertex2, Raptors, RME Multiface 2, 12gigRam, C5, Photoshop CS5, Unreal Tournament.


sav.
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by sav. » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:48 pm

OnkelGrusom wrote:The guitar I finally settled on was this:
http://www.fender.com/products/american ... dNo=011910
Hi Kim,

How are you getting on with your new axe?

Ive been working my **** off lately trying to save for a new guitar, and today I went out and came home
with one of these
http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/se ... 0139410380
REally happy with it! :D
Right now its sitting in it's stand calling me, begging me to pick it up, but I have to go out soon, and im out all day tomorrow. I know if I pick it up now I won't be seen for at least 24 hrs, so im having to resist! :( :(

anyways, just wanted to share my good news :D

All the best
Sav
C4/5 / i7 920 2.66 / 3gig / XP / MR816X / Tannoy reveal actives / Gtr Rig 3 / BFD2 / Trilian / T-racks3 / ik Arc system / and some foam :)

OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:19 pm

sav. wrote:
OnkelGrusom wrote:The guitar I finally settled on was this:
http://www.fender.com/products/american ... dNo=011910
Hi Kim,

How are you getting on with your new axe?

Ive been working my **** off lately trying to save for a new guitar, and today I went out and came home
with one of these
http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/se ... 0139410380
REally happy with it! :D
Right now its sitting in it's stand calling me, begging me to pick it up, but I have to go out soon, and im out all day tomorrow. I know if I pick it up now I won't be seen for at least 24 hrs, so im having to resist! :( :(

anyways, just wanted to share my good news :D

All the best
Sav
The new axe is almost unbelievable as I guess you know too.
The standard Strat (although very good) can not simply be compared to the deluxe version.
For instance: the whole vibrato system: on a standard it will easily fall out of tune.
On the deluxe I can ALMOST abuse it as much as I do on my ibanez locked tremolo floyd rose thing.
And the tone of that humbucker.... yum!
I love it for all the "wrong" reasons, hehe
it is not hyperfat, not like it can put out 113.5 db by it self.
No it is rather subdued. It depends on you as a guitarplayer and what you pour into it.
It's like a slightly beefed up single coil with the noise taken out of it.

I love it. havent regretted a single day since I settled on this one.

All the best, Kim :)

And yes....................... it is a better guitar than my Ibanez.
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:21 pm

sav. wrote:
OnkelGrusom wrote:The guitar I finally settled on was this:
http://www.fender.com/products/american ... dNo=011910
Hi Kim,

How are you getting on with your new axe?

Ive been working my **** off lately trying to save for a new guitar, and today I went out and came home
with one of these
http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/se ... 0139410380
REally happy with it! :D
Right now its sitting in it's stand calling me, begging me to pick it up, but I have to go out soon, and im out all day tomorrow. I know if I pick it up now I won't be seen for at least 24 hrs, so im having to resist! :( :(

anyways, just wanted to share my good news :D

All the best
Sav
Almost forgot: congratulations with a great guitar :)

Kim
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

sav.
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by sav. » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:47 pm

OnkelGrusom wrote: The new axe is almost unbelievable as I guess you know too.
The standard Strat (although very good) can not simply be compared to the deluxe version.
For instance: the whole vibrato system: on a standard it will easily fall out of tune.
On the deluxe I can ALMOST abuse it as much as I do on my ibanez locked tremolo floyd rose thing.
And the tone of that humbucker.... yum!
I love it for all the "wrong" reasons, hehe
it is not hyperfat, not like it can put out 113.5 db by it self.
No it is rather subdued. It depends on you as a guitarplayer and what you pour into it.
It's like a slightly beefed up single coil with the noise taken out of it.

I love it. havent regretted a single day since I settled on this one.

All the best, Kim :)

And yes....................... it is a better guitar than my Ibanez.
Thats great to hear, Kim! :D
(My Ibanez is now in the corner crying! :lol: )

My Ibanez has served me very well for many, many years, but now im a lot older and my playing style
has slowed down I wanted something that had a more open, jangly, bluesy sound, and I believe
Ive found what I was looking for! :D (but wanted something that had a humbucker in there, you know,
just in case I had a metal moment or 2 in the future :lol: )

Cheers
Sav
C4/5 / i7 920 2.66 / 3gig / XP / MR816X / Tannoy reveal actives / Gtr Rig 3 / BFD2 / Trilian / T-racks3 / ik Arc system / and some foam :)

OnkelGrusom
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 am
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by OnkelGrusom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:13 pm

sav. wrote:
OnkelGrusom wrote: The new axe is almost unbelievable as I guess you know too.
The standard Strat (although very good) can not simply be compared to the deluxe version.
For instance: the whole vibrato system: on a standard it will easily fall out of tune.
On the deluxe I can ALMOST abuse it as much as I do on my ibanez locked tremolo floyd rose thing.
And the tone of that humbucker.... yum!
I love it for all the "wrong" reasons, hehe
it is not hyperfat, not like it can put out 113.5 db by it self.
No it is rather subdued. It depends on you as a guitarplayer and what you pour into it.
It's like a slightly beefed up single coil with the noise taken out of it.

I love it. havent regretted a single day since I settled on this one.

All the best, Kim :)

And yes....................... it is a better guitar than my Ibanez.
Thats great to hear, Kim! :D
(My Ibanez is now in the corner crying! :lol: )

My Ibanez has served me very well for many, many years, but now im a lot older and my playing style
has slowed down I wanted something that had a more open, jangly, bluesy sound, and I believe
Ive found what I was looking for! :D (but wanted something that had a humbucker in there, you know,
just in case I had a metal moment or 2 in the future :lol: )

Cheers
Sav
My exact thoughts too for buying the hss config

Kim
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

twilightsong
Senior Member
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm
Contact:

Re: My new guitar

Post by twilightsong » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Funny... I bought a new guitar yesterday, a G&L Tele-style. I'll post a pic here later on
"There is no avant-garde; only some people a bit behind." -- Edgar Varese
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember

Post Reply

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest