AudioWarp sync problems. Possible elastique bug

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
valvestat

AudioWarp sync problems. Possible elastique bug

Post by valvestat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Problem
Loops that are automatically stretched to project tempo using AudioWarp will drift out of sync with rest of project.

Reproduction
Create an empty project (File -> New Project -> More Tab)

Press F5 to load media bay and open a hard quantised pre-made beat loop, (eg a dance loop) and make sure 'align beats to project' is selected so that AudioWarp will be used to stretch the beat to the projects' tempo.

Set tempo to 137

Set project to loop for one bar and make sure cycle is on.

Hit play (start) and leave cycling for at least 10 minutes for sync problem to be noticable (the longer, the more noticable.)

Even if track is stopped and restarted, the loop will be out of sync with the metronome - so the problem will manifest even if the 10+ minutes is made up of interrupted playback.

- To temporarily remedy this, double click the beat loop wav to open the sample editor and click 'musical mode' twice in the AudioWarp settings although loop will eventually loose sync again over time.

Kit
Cubase 6 (PC)
Windows Vista Home SP2
Maudio Delta Audiophile 2496
Last edited by valvestat on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valvestat

Re: AudioWarp sync problems. Possible bug

Post by valvestat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:39 pm

On reading this post:

http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5235

I found that changing the stretching algorithm in the audio pool or editor to standard (drums) seems to fix this. So it seems like an élastique problem. Anyone else having similar problems?

Emrahexe

Re: AudioWarp sync problems. Possible bug

Post by Emrahexe » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:11 pm

valvestat wrote:On reading this post:

http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5235

I found that changing the stretching algorithm in the audio pool or editor to standard (drums) seems to fix this. So it seems like an élastique problem. Anyone else having similar problems?
But you can not change the algorithm of MEDIABAY and it uses elastique... :(

goodbyenine

Re: AudioWarp sync problems. Possible elastique bug

Post by goodbyenine » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm deliberately looking for time-stretch/time-warp bug reports. There are a lot cropping up in Cubase and Nuendo. Interesting, as one would have though that Cubase 6 would have knocked this one on the head by now. Instead, it seems to have got worse!

here's my one:

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... =76&t=4445

Thx
Late Mac Tower based studio (10.8.5) with N6.5 and 2nd N6.5 (10.8.5), RME Madi via 648, Nanoclock, M3000 x 4 Ext FX, Video via BM Decklink on MP, composition workstation Single Hexacore MP. Sync: MMC N6.5>N6.5. VE Pro 5 always online via slaves. UK TV Music production at 25fps 48k at all times. Softriad Raid management. Powercore 4 running via VE Pro slave, Altiverb hosted on slave as bank of Ext FX. Waves and other plugins. Kontakt 5 central to workflow.

DanielAyo

Post by DanielAyo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:17 pm

BUMPED till we get a respone from Steinberg!!!! :evil:

valvestat

Post by valvestat » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:02 pm

I think as a quick fix for now, the option to select the defaut alogrithm for stretching on import via the media bay would suffice.

I'm pretty impressed with Cubase 6 coming from Cubase 4 in general though. Just seems to be a few loose ends to tie up, but I guess there always is with early releases.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”