Missing New Instrument "Trip" and layer edit pages

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
Andresgp

Missing New Instrument "Trip" and layer edit pages

Post by Andresgp » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Like the title says, I cannot edit any instrument preset in Halion Sonic SE. It says "No Layer Edit page found, please make sure that the required instrument set is correctly installed."
I also can't find the new instrument that came with version 7.5. How do i load trip into Halion? The help will be much appreciated, I can't find how to solve this anywhere.
Masseve Music

Andresgp

Re: Missing New Instrument "Trip" and layer edit pages

Post by Andresgp » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:55 pm

As a side note, I am able to load all the presets, I just can't edit any of the parameters. Not even the amp envelope, which I remember I was able to edit before. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, been trying to solve this for a while.
Masseve Music

patrickkindy

Post by patrickkindy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Andresgp wrote:Like the title says, I cannot edit any instrument preset in Halion Sonic SE. It says "No Layer Edit page found, please make sure that the required instrument set is correctly installed."
I also can't find the new instrument that came with version 7.5. How do i load trip into Halion? The help will be much appreciated, I can't find how to solve this anywhere.
I can't find 'Trip' either ...

Klokkikikk

Post by Klokkikikk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:28 am

It is very possible that it is there.
You just have to pick the right presets out of ALL the other presets.
I found it at last..

But there has to be a way to choose the trip synth by itself and only those presets?
Such a hard plugin to navigate in :roll:
Cubase pro 8(64 bit), Fireface 800, win7 64 bit

Gyula

Post by Gyula » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:39 pm

patrickkindy wrote:
Andresgp wrote:Like the title says, I cannot edit any instrument preset in Halion Sonic SE. It says "No Layer Edit page found, please make sure that the required instrument set is correctly installed."
I can't find 'Trip' either ...

BriHar

Post by BriHar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Reset all preset filters, then Trip should show (you may need to enable the left pane as well if it's not showing.

You can't edit the included presets, you have to copy them and edit the copies.
"...yes I think it can be easily done, just take everything down to Highway 61."

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase Pro 8.5.15 - 64bit | Cubase AI8 | WaveLab 9.0.10 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | UR44 | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Contour Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 14GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

roel

Post by roel » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:31 pm

@adresgp: missing graphical layers indicate that something went wrong during the installation and files were not copied to the location where the plugin expects it to find.
I would try deinstall and reinstall the halion SE2 program. There can be a ton of reasons why something goes wrong during installation, and most of the times a retry helps.
Cubase 10.5, vienna ensemble pro 5,
Master:laptop Clevo, P771zm, i7 4790S, 16 gig, 2xSSD samsung 840pro/evo, 2x Samsung SSD850 +touch screen
Slave: none, will probably never be replaced because latest processors are powerfull enough
Sound: Motu Ultralite MKIII (usb), Focusrite 18i20, behringer 16 ch mixer
control: Synergy, novation zero SL
vsti: Steinberg, East West, Vienna, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics and a lot of others
hardware: S760, CD3000xl, SY77, studiologic 990, alesis Q88,

Gyula

Post by Gyula » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:58 pm

I am also missing TRIP no where to be found. Does anyone know why tis may be?

jaesm

Post by jaesm » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:34 pm

I know I'm kind of beating a dead horse with this post but I was having this problem too. I just realized I don't see Trip. @roel set me on the correct path. In my case, I went to my Cubase 7.5 install folder where all my .exe and .msi installers are and found the Halion se2 installer. I just ran that and setup said that Hse2 was already installed but the content was not for some reason. So, in short, I re-ran the Hse2 installer and it installed the missing content for me.
Voila! Trip showed up in my search filter along with a bunch of other stuff I didn't realize I was missing.
Cubase Pro 10.5.x / UR44 / Windows 10 / Fast and fancy this and that / etc

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”