UR44 USB audio interface announced

This section is about Steinberg's UR and UR-RT USB audio interfaces product range
Stefan Schreiber

UR44 USB audio interface announced

Post by Stefan Schreiber »

Steinberg is excited to announce the latest addition to its acclaimed UR series of audio interfaces:

The UR44 features 192 kHz audio quality, USB 2.0 connectivity, MIDI input/output alongside four combo inputs with D-PRE microphone preamps, two additional line inputs and four balanced line outputs plus two main outputs. On top of this the UR44 features latency-free monitoring with effects and connectivity with the iPad via the Apple Camera Connection Kit.

The UR44 interface will be available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop in Q1 2014. The suggested retail price for the UR44 is 349 euros, including 19% German VAT.

More information can be found here.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber
Stefan Schreiber - Senior Marketing Manager Hardware
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud

stevo1080

Re: UR44 USB audio interface announced

Post by stevo1080 »

Stefan,
This looks like the ideal audio interface for my requirements. I am looking to record stereo backing tracks from my keyboard along with a mono click track that I can then play to (I am also the drummer) using Cubasis and iPad 4th gen.
I assume that I can route from Cubasis to the separate outputs of the UR44?
However, is it possible to set up 2 entirely different mixes to the 2 headphone outputs. Are they seen as selectable output paths in Cubasis? What I have read so far doesn't really answer that.
Looking forward to January and getting my hands on the UR44.

Thanks

Stevo..

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

wish it had Adat in/out to hook up with MR816 for example.. !
but anyway it looks good !
Last edited by mozizo on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

knuckle47

Post by knuckle47 »

This UR44 looks like it only needs a fitting on top to slip my iPad into and I'm ready to go. Going on the top of my list. When is the UR44 shipping?
Cubase Pro 9.5.3| Win 10 Pro|GTX 1070 video 8gb ddr5| RME UFX+ via Thunderbolt 2| i7 7700k | 32gb Corsair 3600 Ram |ASUS Z270 TUF Mark1 | Samsung 960Pro SSD's | Cubasis | Nektar LX88|Guitar player 56 years|Absolute 3 VST Collection

stevo1080

Post by stevo1080 »

knuckle47 wrote:This UR44 looks like it only needs a fitting on top to slip my iPad into and I'm ready to go. Going on the top of my list. When is the UR44 shipping?
I have had mine on order since early Dec '13.
From what I can see, most retailers will begin to receive stock from Mon 27th Jan onwards.
Have a look at Andertons.co.uk (if you are in the UK) as it's the best price I have found so far.

Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Cheers

Stevo.. :D

UPDATE ON THAT.....

Just had an email to say it has been despatched today (Sat 25th) so I may have it for Monday. :o :shock: :o :shock: :D :D :D

funkstone

Post by funkstone »

anyone tried it or compared it to the ur 28m

I bought a new ur 28 m in November - still a bit *quiz* that it does not have MIDI, so two USB ports occupied in my laptop for audio and MIDI.
Howver, the sound quality and ease of Cubase integration rocks, I also really like the big volume knob at my finger tips.

But I am thinking of trading it in for a ur 44

anythoughts?
cubase 10.5, Reason 11, Abelton 10, Komplete Ultimate 10 PC with i9 processor and 32gb RAm, 2015 Macbook Pro i7 , 16GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, UR28M, CC121,many guitars, ouds, and plucked strings too many effect pedals, and not enough time.

KoenTanghe

trying to get info here

Post by KoenTanghe »

Hi Stephan,
I'm interested in this card, but I'm trying to find out if it comes with multi-client ASIO drivers on Windows (allowing the card to be used with 2 programs at the same time, without ReWire)?
I tried contacting product support: no answer after several weeks now.
I also tried a Facebook post: no answer there either.
So, trying here now ;-)
Thanks,
Koen

peter2105

Post by peter2105 »

Hi stephan, i bought the ur44 and i am already stuck with a simple thing which i cant get going.

i connected the main output and line3/4 output with two pairs of active speakers and played some audio files with windows media player.
The audio signal is coming only through the main output and the headphones, but not through line3/4.
As i understood, the signal going to line3/4 output can be mixed in MIX2, but in MIX2 the daw strip shows no incoming signal, in MIX1 everything is fine.
Is it me, or is it the UR44?
I need to resolve that fast, because i still can get the UR44 back to the shop if it wont work.

Siktiu

Post by Siktiu »

hello all ur-44 users here, my ur-44 still pick up sounds when the gain knob all the way down. is it normal?

vadim2012

Post by vadim2012 »

Hello! Perhaps UR 44 was connected to Audiobus on the iPad 3 for the performance in real time? Thanks !!

luisv1692

Post by luisv1692 »

Stefan Schreiber wrote:Steinberg is excited to announce the latest addition to its acclaimed UR series of audio interfaces:

The UR44 features 192 kHz audio quality, USB 2.0 connectivity, MIDI input/output alongside four combo inputs with D-PRE microphone preamps, two additional line inputs and four balanced line outputs plus two main outputs. On top of this the UR44 features latency-free monitoring with effects and connectivity with the iPad via the Apple Camera Connection Kit.

The UR44 interface will be available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop in Q1 2014. The suggested retail price for the UR44 is 349 euros, including 19% German VAT.

More information can be found here.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber
greetings to all, does anyone know if the ur44 can record four simultaneous channels at 192 kHz and 24 bits ?
I ask because I do not think that USB 2.0 is capable of transmitting data at the right speed.

Return to “Steinberg UR Series”