Punch in/out, Foot control, SX3

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
xtp

Punch in/out, Foot control, SX3

Post by xtp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:36 pm

With Cubase SX3, how do I :?:

[ can I :?: ]

set up a foot/pedal control that operates the record/pause button instead of the mouse. [ So I can operate from a distance from the pc ]

If I can what do I need, .... a foot pedal with a momentary switch??

Is there any help documentation on this, I looked but was not able to find anything.

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: Punch in/out, Foot control, SX3

Post by thinkingcap » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:30 am

Generic remote
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

alexis
Grand Senior Member

Post by alexis » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:54 am

xtp wrote:With Cubase SX3, how do I :?:

set up a foot/pedal control that operates the record/pause button instead of the mouse. [ So I can operate from a distance from the pc ]

Is there any help documentation on this, I looked but was not able to find anything.
I've given some thought to this, but have been satisfied enough with the SX3 pre-roll, and that other control on the transport bar that I didn't pursue the foot pedal.

Have you tried those options? Set those things, hit record, it jumps back 3 or 4 bars (whatever you tell it to), plays, and then starts recording where you want it to.

Please let us know how you get on with the foot pedal thing ...

Thanks!
Alexis

-Cubase "Safe Start Mode" (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT)
-Get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here,
-Replacing freely-timed section into a variable tempo project

Cubase 9.0.20; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W10 Pro 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo; Jamstix 3.6; RevoicePro3.3; EZDrummer 2

xtp

Post by xtp » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:01 am

alexis wrote:
xtp wrote:With Cubase SX3, how do I :?:

I've given some thought to this, but have been satisfied enough with the SX3 pre-roll, and that other control on the transport bar that I didn't pursue the foot pedal.

Have you tried those options? Set those things, hit record, it jumps back 3 or 4 bars (whatever you tell it to), plays, and then starts recording where you want it to.

Please let us know how you get on with the foot pedal thing ...

Thanks!
Since posting this morning I have come across this product. I am going to email them and see if it works with Cubase.

http://www.logidy.com/

Not sure what the other characters reply about "generic remote" is supposed to mean.

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:13 pm

xtp wrote:Since posting this morning I have come across this product. I am going to email them and see if it works with Cubase.

Not sure what the other characters reply about "generic remote" is supposed to mean.
You´ll probably find out, when you intend to use the logidy (or any other MIDI devices) to control certain functions of Cubase... - RTM
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xtp

Post by xtp » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:26 pm

thinkingcap wrote:
xtp wrote:Since posting this morning I have come across this product. I am going to email them and see if it works with Cubase.

You´ll probably find out, when you intend to use the logidy (or any other MIDI devices) to control certain functions of Cubase... - RTM
I have no idea what a generic remote is or a RTM for that matter.

If you want to be helpful at least explain, something like; 'you need a product with x features and you need to do y in cubase to make it work', or, 'no' cubase does not support this.

However if you know the answer to the question I asked but don't want to share a reasonable and helpful answer then why bother writing anything at all.

I think the question is fairly reasonable, especially for someone who has come from a hardware environment.

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:23 pm

I like this http://www.frontierdesign.com/Products/ ... troduction

On a long USB lead and has a jack for a foot switch
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

xtp

Post by xtp » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 pm

thinkingcap wrote:Generic remote
A more helpful reply may have been;

In Cubase

go to Devices->Device Setup

look for an entry

Remote Devices->Generic Remote

If it doesnt exist;

Click the + on the top left and select "Generic Remote" from the menu.

[this adds the folder 'Remote Devices' and sub entry 'Generic Remote']

Configure this for a midi capable, or midi->usb capable hardware switching device that attaches to the pc.

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:23 pm

xtp wrote:
thinkingcap wrote:Generic remote
A more helpful reply may have been;

In Cubase

go to Devices->Device Setup

look for an entry

Remote Devices->Generic Remote

If it doesnt exist;

Click the + on the top left and select "Generic Remote" from the menu.

[this adds the folder 'Remote Devices' and sub entry 'Generic Remote']

Configure this for a midi capable, or midi->usb capable hardware switching device that attaches to the pc.
Obviously you figured it out on your own.
Apart from that, be assured, that I will decide myself, on how much of my time I can or want to spent when and for what reason. I mean you could also have been more thankful at least to split´s reply.... :roll:

Return to “Older Cubase versions”