Need help linking up track monitoring with arming the track.

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Quinnl

Need help linking up track monitoring with arming the track.

Post by Quinnl »

I have just upgraded from Cubase 5 to 7 in windows 7, and I am having an issue with arming and disarming tracks. I would like to set it up so that it automatically goes into monitoring mode when I arm the track, and out of monitoring mode when i disarm it. I know there has to be an easy way to set this in the preferences, but I can't seem to find it. I appreciate your help!

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: Need help linking up track monitoring with arming the track.

Post by thinkingcap »

Quinnl wrote:I have just upgraded from Cubase 5 to 7 in windows 7, and I am having an issue with arming and disarming tracks. I would like to set it up so that it automatically goes into monitoring mode when I arm the track, and out of monitoring mode when i disarm it. I know there has to be an easy way to set this in the preferences, but I can't seem to find it. I appreciate your help!
"VST - auto monitoring"
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Erezerez

Post by Erezerez »

Can't remember off the top of my head exactly where it's at in the preferences menu, but it's a little box that has 4 options in it, regarding behavior of the monitor/rec enable buttons

there's one that I personally recommend for tracking, called "Tapemachine Style", which means when you select a track, it arms it for record, and hits up the monitor, but if you only press play without recording, it shuts the monitor off and lets you hear, say, the last take or something...nice stuff

If you can't find it tell me I'll spot it for you
Cheers

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap »

Erezerez wrote:Can't remember off the top of my head exactly where it's at in the preferences menu, but it's a little box that has 4 options in it, regarding behavior of the monitor/rec enable buttons

there's one that I personally recommend for tracking, called "Tapemachine Style", which means when you select a track, it arms it for record, and hits up the monitor, but if you only press play without recording, it shuts the monitor off and lets you hear, say, the last take or something...nice stuff

Cheers
Please spot it for me...
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

thinkingcap wrote:
Erezerez wrote:Can't remember off the top of my head exactly where it's at in the preferences menu, but it's a little box that has 4 options in it, regarding behavior of the monitor/rec enable buttons

Cheers
Please spot it for me...
Preferences -> VST
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Return to “Older Cubase versions”