Update 8.0.2

All topics on WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8
Wave Star Pro

Update 8.0.2

Post by Wave Star Pro »

Any information when the update 8.0.2 will be available ?

PG

Re: Update 8.0.2

Post by PG »

It will be available in june. The exact date, it's not possible to say now. I guess closer to mid-june than the end of the month.
Philippe

Wave Star Pro

Post by Wave Star Pro »

sounds good. Thanks :D

mrtomcat

Post by mrtomcat »

we are at mid June... do you mean July?

most importantly will this one take care of the UAD/Slate... plugin issues in 32 bit on the MAC? (Please say yes...)

PG

Post by PG »

I mean June.
Yes, UAD works ok in WaveLab 8.0.2 OSX 32 bit.
Slate, I did not test, but if that's the iLok issue, that's ok too.
Philippe

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

PG wrote:I mean June.
So like in "days"....sweet!

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

emery

Post by emery »

Should be around the corner now:)

True PG?:)

Regards
Denis
www.Mastering.Lt

Hackintosh I7-7700K, Prism Sound Orpheus, Nuendo 8.1.10 , WL 8.5.20 , Acustica Audio, UAD2 Octo

PG

Post by PG »

Still june, but maybe closer to the end than the mid month ;)
Philippe

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P »

Ehm, 17th today; 30 days in June - 13 left. Closer to end than mid, so that's 17 + 6,5 give or take: Monday 24th it is! 8-)
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab Pro 10.0.50 | Cubase Pro 11.0.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

Justin P

Post by Justin P »

PG wrote:Still june, but maybe closer to the end than the mid month ;)
Bummer, I was really hoping that today or tomorrow would be the day of the update. I really want to utilize the new master plugin chain that is saved as part of the montage, but with my high latency Ozone 5 settings, and sometimes tight endings to rendered files, I still have to use the original master section and save and reload manually because of the bug that occurs at the end of such files as we discussed in another thread.

Can you confirm that this latency issue will at least be fixed with version 8.0.2?
https://www.mysteryroommastering.com/https://www.justincarlperkins.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaveLab/

Mac Pro 3.3GHz 12-Core • 176GB RAM • SSD for OS and audio • MacOS 10.15.7
iMac Pro 3.0GHz 10-Core • 64GB RAM • SSD for OS and audio • MacOS 10.15.7
MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • 16GB RAM • MacOS 10.15.7

RME AES HDSPe, MUTEC MC-3+ Smart Clock USB, Grace m905, Grace m900

PG

Post by PG »

Yes, the latencey issue izotope told me about, has been fixed.
Philippe

Wave Star Pro

Post by Wave Star Pro »

I have the feeling WL 8 user must be very patience. ;)

For some functions (Renovator) I still must use WL 7, and it's absolute annoying to jump from one version to the other.

I hope the update will release shorty, so that I can go back to normal work.

emery

Post by emery »

No patience here anymore:) Update will make my life lot easier. Cmon!!:))
www.Mastering.Lt

Hackintosh I7-7700K, Prism Sound Orpheus, Nuendo 8.1.10 , WL 8.5.20 , Acustica Audio, UAD2 Octo

Justin P

Post by Justin P »

emery wrote:No patience here anymore:) Update will make my life lot easier. Cmon!!:))
Same here...all the bug fixes etc. due in 8.0.2 will be a huge improvement, almost as much as WL8 itself.

Let's hope for a Monday release at the latest.

Wave Star Pro

Post by Wave Star Pro »

Too bad, I thought that the update would appear before the weekend. :oops:
It would give me the opportunity to make all the settings on the weekend, and then to start my work on monday as usual. Now I have to spent another day to make these adjustments.
The first time that I'm not very happy with Steinberg. I think WabeLab came to early. This was a "Beta" Version. :?

Justin P

Post by Justin P »

Wave Star Pro wrote:Too bad, I thought that the update would appear before the weekend. :oops:
It would give me the opportunity to make all the settings on the weekend, and then to start my work on monday as usual. Now I have to spent another day to make these adjustments.
The first time that I'm not very happy with Steinberg. I think WabeLab came to early. This was a "Beta" Version. :?
The first release of WL8 was very "beta" looking back. At least with a beta version you expect issues to come up and not spend time on forums trying to troubleshoot a simple issue like creating a DDP image without an error message, or having to re-render hundreds of files because Ozone latency is too much for the new master section stored within the montage, and then still having to use the old master section method of saving and reloading the master section with each montage. Then there is the whole iLok issue, which luckily didn't affect any plugins I regularly use, but I can feel for others that haven't been able to load plug-ins that they rely on.

Luckily we had PG here to help us through most of the problems, but the time spent trying to solve these issues, and continuing to work around these issues (until 8.0.2 hopefully) is more than I would expect from an official release of an established piece of software.

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P »

Wave Star Pro wrote:I think WabeLab came to early. This was a "Beta" Version.
Well, to you maybe, but in my view WL 8.0.1 is sooo much better than WL7 - certainly not beta to me. But then, I don't have any iLok stuff and don't care about DDP production..
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab Pro 10.0.50 | Cubase Pro 11.0.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

Thomas W. Bethel

Post by Thomas W. Bethel »

Maybe today????

I hope so!
Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

Celebrating 25 years in business in 2020

Wave Star Pro

Post by Wave Star Pro »

In the meantime it will be annoying. I have to plan my personnel resources, for testing WL8 after the update, if all runs in the correct way, and currently I can't plan annything, as nobody can give me an answer when the update will be available.
Unfortunately I don't use WaveLab 8 not for fun. I have intergreated this software in my daily business, and every additional hour costs me money. Currently I switched back to WL 7, as I have no other chance.

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Wave Star Pro wrote:Unfortunately I don't use WaveLab 8 not for fun. I have intergreated this software in my daily business, and every additional hour costs me money. Currently I switched back to WL 7, as I have no other chance.
First rule of "business" - never rely on some untested and new version of anything - for production work.

If you are serving customers - and running a business - then WL7 is exactly where you should be right now. If you have issues with "planning" (or lack thereof) - you need to learn to manage your business and your priorities better. Take care of your customers first and worry about testing some dinky update much later.

As I am in the exact same situation as you - WL8 is nothing but a test bed for anything until I am absolutely certain it can handle actual production. At this point we have no idea if 8.02 will be good, bad or ugly.

But I am certainly not annoyed that the update is not here yet. It is what it is. Definitely not worth getting annoyed over....

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Wave Star Pro

Post by Wave Star Pro »

As I am in the exact same situation as you - WL8 is nothing but a test bed for anything until I am absolutely certain it can handle actual production. At this point we have no idea if 8.02 will be good, bad or ugly.
You have to be a big fan of "Steinberg" to accept such delays. It's not a question of technical adjustments, especially if you work on Microsoft Level, but it's a question of time planning. The first statement from Steinberg was release will be approx. mid June.
I guess closer to mid-june than the end of the month.

Now we talk of end June. And that's it !!!

If I plan my business in this way, you can be sure, I don't had any buisiness.
First rule of "business" - never rely on some untested and new version of anything - for production work.
You can be sure, I am working for a long time in this business, and this is the 4 Version that I use from Wave Lab, and I had never before these "timimg" problems.

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Wave Star Pro wrote:You can be sure, I am working for a long time in this business, and this is the 4 Version that I use from Wave Lab, and I had never before these "timing" problems.
Timing problems? Timing for what? Is your "business" suddenly going to stop running because 8.02 isn't released to "your" schedule. Wow - you must be a fun guy to work with. Your poor customers....

And as far as "accepting" delays - do you really think that whining like a 4 year old that Steinberg is somehow responsible for your inability to plan properly - is going to get you the update any faster?

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Wave Star Pro

Post by Wave Star Pro »

First of all, I expect at this point a comment from Steinberg, and not, from my point of view, some unqualified comments from a forum member. You can't assess how I plan my workflows, and so it's absolute nonsens to discuss in this way.
Therefore I would like to stop this unnecessary discussion at this point. Hopefully Steinberg will provide this update shortly.

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Wave Star Pro wrote:First of all, I expect at this point a comment from Steinberg, and not, from my point of view, some unqualified comments from a forum member. You can't assess how I plan my workflows, and so it's absolute nonsens to discuss in this way.
The only thing that is nonsense (in this entire thread) - is your insistence that this update is not available to your schedule.

Steinberg doesn't need answer to you or anyone else. It's their software - they will issue this update when they are good and ready to do that.

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Daved

Post by Daved »

Bruce has a solid point: If your business is already up and running, the update is besides the point until it's been fully tested. We understand you'd like to staff and plan for that testing to happen. But you seem to assume that 8.0.2 will work properly out of the box, and feel that any delay will impact your daily work somehow, even though you indicate you're up and running.

Whether 8.0.2 comes out today or next month, your work will still be completed on WL7 until it's fully vetted, right? And there's a decent chance it will bust out of the box or have some show-stopping issue with your rig, which will take some time to work out. This is the time you're anxious to get beyond of course... given the realities, you would be better served by Steinberg taking their time, getting things right upon release by fully testing the update, and minimize frustrating back and forth as they squish bugs they should have caught. If it runs smoothly when it arrives, you're better off than if you have to report bugs/issues and await 8.0.2.1 or 8.0.3. Either way, WL7 still works well, and takes care of your customers day to day.

In the meantime, I recommend waiting to schedule testing staff to "proof" 8.0.2 until you have copy in your hands. There's no point in rushing testing, ever. You get no benefits, but assume higher risks by rushing. If your part time staff has other gigs they need to schedule around, schedule this proofing work to happen on 7/1 and you probably won't be disappointed. If it arrives early, you can get a jump on it in your own spare time.

I'll be blunt: I strongly prefer Wavelab's careful, well-tested, methodical roll-outs of updates to the "build of the week" approach some of their competitors rely on (one unnamed DAW I use requires me to keep a few differently-flawed versions around as they break different parts with each fix). In most cases, rushing software out the door to meet arbitrary deadlines by anxious users end in tears for all.
Last edited by Daved on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bands.theallnightparty.com

Return to “WaveLab 8 | WaveLab Elements 8”