Problems with Audio and MIDI output

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
cheezball

Problems with Audio and MIDI output

Post by cheezball »

Hello,

I just got Cubase 7 last week. Everything has been running smoothly, but I am having trouble getting the output to go through my speakers.

My speakers are connected to my computer's audio output (pale green colored speaker cord) and I am using a Steinberg UR 22 Audio Interface (I got this to plug my audio instruments to it). I tried telling my VST Connection to send output through my computer speakers and not through my UR 22, but the only option available is through my UR 22.

Now when I set up the beat designer to a GM Drum Map on a MIDI Track and make a MIDI loop, it plays through my speakers fine, but when I try to do this the way that the tutorial specified (create a VST Instrument in Devices Menu, Select Galion One, Then create a MIDI Track for it), The track control shows that it is making an output, but I cannot get it to come out of my speakers. Also, I cannot get any of my Audio to output through my speakers.

I have connected my acoustic guitar amp to one of the outputs on my UR 22 and was able to get the audio to come out of it, but I was hoping there was a way to get the speakers to work the way they are. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

curteye
External Moderator

Re: Problems with Audio and MIDI output

Post by curteye »

cheezball wrote: I am using a Steinberg UR 22 Audio Interface (I got this to plug my audio instruments to it). I tried telling my VST Connection to send output through my computer speakers and not through my UR 22, but the only option available is through my UR 22.
Aloha c,

You could also try posting your question here:

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=157

Lots O' 'UR 22' info.

HTH (hope this helps)
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”