What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Post Reply
DJKeithPorter
New Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am
Contact:

What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by DJKeithPorter »

Prior to me buying CB 6.5; I had the trial version of CB 6.
When I had the trial version of CB6; I had Padshop, Retrologue, GrooveAgent, Halion SE and the other VST instruments synths.

Now that I bought CB 6…6.5; I don't have PadShop and Retrologue.
Did PadShop and Retrologe come only in the demo to get you to buy them as editional VST instruments?
The picture on the CB6 box shows all the above mentioned VST instruments but I dont have PadShop and Retrologue in the VST instrument pull down.

Any clarification would be totally appreciated.
MacPro (Early 2009) 3.32Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Motu 828 mkII, M-Audio Pro 88, Maschine Studio, Ableton 9 Suite, Logic ProX, Cubase Pro8, Reason 10, Komplete Ultimate 11, Waves, Arturia, Spectrasonics, Roland Clound, and lots of Refills and sample packs.

User avatar
Arjan P
Senior Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by Arjan P »

DJKeithPorter wrote:Did PadShop and Retrologe come only in the demo to get you to buy them as editional VST instruments?
No, Padshop and Retrologue were added to 6.5 (and interestingly were not in C6 IIRC). Padshop Pro was a paid update but the regular synth should be in your 6.5 as well as Retrologue.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0.40 | Cubase 10.0.60 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

DJKeithPorter
New Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by DJKeithPorter »

To be clear:
I upgraded CB6 too CB6.5 and I don't see them in the VST Instrument pull down.
Was there an edtional step or down load that I needed to do?
MacPro (Early 2009) 3.32Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Motu 828 mkII, M-Audio Pro 88, Maschine Studio, Ableton 9 Suite, Logic ProX, Cubase Pro8, Reason 10, Komplete Ultimate 11, Waves, Arturia, Spectrasonics, Roland Clound, and lots of Refills and sample packs.

User avatar
Arjan P
Senior Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by Arjan P »

DJKeithPorter wrote:Was there an edtional step or down load that I needed to do?
From what I see that I downloaded back then, I only downloaded the 6>6.5 update installer, which was 758 MB. Separately, there was a Padshop 1.1 update of 97 MB in July last year, and ofcourse the C6.5.1 etc updates. I also have Padshop Pro, but that was just a functionality addition more or less. Maybe you should run the 6.5 installer again and see if you see the option to install Padshop and Retrologue in one of the first screens.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0.40 | Cubase 10.0.60 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

DJKeithPorter
New Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by DJKeithPorter »

Arjan P wrote: Maybe you should run the 6.5 installer again and see if you see the option to install Padshop and Retrologue in one of the first screens.
I thought of uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program but I resulted to posting my issue.
I have CB 6.5.4 update installed on the box now but again I don't see the PadShop and Retrologue instruments.

When you say run the installer is that in my c:\programs\steinberg folder or is it on the site?
MacPro (Early 2009) 3.32Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Motu 828 mkII, M-Audio Pro 88, Maschine Studio, Ableton 9 Suite, Logic ProX, Cubase Pro8, Reason 10, Komplete Ultimate 11, Waves, Arturia, Spectrasonics, Roland Clound, and lots of Refills and sample packs.

ThePresent
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by ThePresent »

When I updated from 6 to 6.5 I saw the new synths were separate installations. Maybe you overlooked something?
ThePresent
----------------
i5 750 - Windows 7 64 Bit - Cubase 6.5.5 32 bit - Arturia Minimoog V - M-Audio Fasttrack Pro - Emu XBoard 61

DJKeithPorter
New Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by DJKeithPorter »

ThePresent wrote:When I updated from 6 to 6.5 I saw the new synths were separate installations. Maybe you overlooked something?
Maybe I missed that but I would assume that when I updated the software it would be in the upgrade and no additional steps would be necessary.

Is there a way I can get the instruments that come with the update without uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

Hopefully there is a better way?
MacPro (Early 2009) 3.32Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Motu 828 mkII, M-Audio Pro 88, Maschine Studio, Ableton 9 Suite, Logic ProX, Cubase Pro8, Reason 10, Komplete Ultimate 11, Waves, Arturia, Spectrasonics, Roland Clound, and lots of Refills and sample packs.

User avatar
Scab Pickens
Senior Member
Posts: 1909
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 am
Location: Davenport, IA USA
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by Scab Pickens »

Just to point out the obvious, since it hasn't been mentioned ...

Have you installed the most recent eLicenser software? Did you enter your new 6.5 activation code? Does the eLCC show a "full" license for 6.5?
Windows 10 | Cubase Pro 10.5 | WaveLab Elements 8 | Dorico SE 3.5 | Focusrite Pro 40

User avatar
Arjan P
Senior Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by Arjan P »

DJKeithPorter wrote:Maybe I missed that but I would assume that when I updated the software it would be in the upgrade and no additional steps would be necessary.
Well, IIRC, and as The Present says, the synths were part of the 6.5 initial update, but as a checkmark in the setup dialog. I suppose they're not also included in further updates, and by running the 6.5 installer again I meant the initial update of 758 MB. I suppose the 6.5 trial as it was available also holds them, but all of these are not available from Steinberg anymore I guess, so it depends on what you have downloaded previously.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0.40 | Cubase 10.0.60 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

DJKeithPorter
New Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by DJKeithPorter »

Scab Pickens wrote:Just to point out the obvious, since it hasn't been mentioned ...

Have you installed the most recent eLicenser software? Did you enter your new 6.5 activation code? Does the eLCC show a "full" license for 6.5?
I had a little help yesterday with this and yes the eLCC was updated and it shows cubase 6.5 full.
After doing that and running the cubase 6.5 setup the program opened and I saw PadShop & Retrologue. Great!

Now for the new issue:
After closing CB6.5 and launching it again; the loading window stays stuck on "Media Bay". As if the program is not able to load media bay.
I opened up the task manager (PC) and it says that CB is "NOT RESPONDING"
So now my problem is that it’s not loading at all.

I tried rerunning the CB6.5 setup and when it gets to the installation it freezes and it also shows in the task manager as "NOT RESPONDING"
MacPro (Early 2009) 3.32Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Motu 828 mkII, M-Audio Pro 88, Maschine Studio, Ableton 9 Suite, Logic ProX, Cubase Pro8, Reason 10, Komplete Ultimate 11, Waves, Arturia, Spectrasonics, Roland Clound, and lots of Refills and sample packs.

ThePresent
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by ThePresent »

Don't know the answer but you had better make this a new topic
ThePresent
----------------
i5 750 - Windows 7 64 Bit - Cubase 6.5.5 32 bit - Arturia Minimoog V - M-Audio Fasttrack Pro - Emu XBoard 61

DJKeithPorter
New Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am
Contact:

Re: What VST Instruments come with CB 6.5?

Post by DJKeithPorter »

ThePresent wrote:Don't know the answer but you had better make this a new topic
I went home and I updated windows and wahlah... It opened no problem.
Since that time I have not turn the software off because I am in the middle of making something hot..
Hopefully the windows update was the fix and the software with perform like normal.

Thank you all for your help and tips!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
MacPro (Early 2009) 3.32Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Motu 828 mkII, M-Audio Pro 88, Maschine Studio, Ableton 9 Suite, Logic ProX, Cubase Pro8, Reason 10, Komplete Ultimate 11, Waves, Arturia, Spectrasonics, Roland Clound, and lots of Refills and sample packs.

Post Reply

Return to “Older Cubase versions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests