Do you have trouble with editing samples like i do ?

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
avmusic

Do you have trouble with editing samples like i do ?

Post by avmusic »

Hey Guys,

I have an 808 low end heavy bass kick sample (WAV Format). How do i throw it in the piano roll & place it throughout the scale, while at the same time changing the pitch to it ? Ideally, i want to tune the bass sample.

For example on a synth line ... When you have the midi notes and you shift up or down to go an octave higher or lower. Or you select all and press up & down key to move the midi note a half step up or down.

Instead of a synth, i want to achieve that with an 808 kick sample (which is a WAV file). I tried to move the midi note of the sample up, but then it stops playing the sample because groove agent doesn't read it.

Thanks in advance

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Do you have trouble with editing samples like i do ?

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hey,

You should use full sampler, like HALion, for example. Groove Agent One is for drums only. It means, you can't create zones with auto-pitch-shifting here. You can just put the sample on the pad (which is triggered by MIDI Note), tune and tweek this one sound. That is all.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Eukali

Post by Eukali »

If you just want to tune the kick, you could select the audio event and adjust it using the Transpose & Fine-tune option that appear at the top of the screen.
transpose.jpg
(41.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hardware: Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3, Intel 3770K, 32 gig Corsair Dominator GT, Gigabyte GeForce GTX680, RME Fireface UC | Software: Windows 7 64 bit, Cubase 7.0.2 64 bit, assorted 3rd party plugins

avmusic

Post by avmusic »

Eukali wrote:If you just want to tune the kick, you could select the audio event and adjust it using the Transpose & Fine-tune option that appear at the top of the screen.
transpose.jpg
Thanks for reply, i tried that but it just plays the next instrument, its being triggered via Groove Agent.

avmusic

Post by avmusic »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:Hey,

You should use full sampler, like HALion, for example. Groove Agent One is for drums only. It means, you can't create zones with auto-pitch-shifting here. You can just put the sample on the pad (which is triggered by MIDI Note), tune and tweek this one sound. That is all.
Thanks Martin, So how do i load my custom drum kit into HALion ?

avmusic

Post by avmusic »

I have only HALion Sonic LE if that makes any difference ?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Unfortunately, HALion Sonic SE can't load custom sounds, or libraries. This is just player of Steinberg's sound libraries/sounds.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

avmusic

Post by avmusic »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:Unfortunately, HALion Sonic SE can't load custom sounds, or libraries. This is just player of Steinberg's sound libraries/sounds.
Thank you Martin, i appreciate your help. :)

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

There are a couple of free vst samplers that can let you do this.

http://www.vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php (version 1.1.2, 32bit only, works well with jbridge, not sure about Steinberg bridge)

http://www.uvi.net/en/software/uvi-workstation.html
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

If you have Padshop Pro you can also use that as a basic sampler... just turn off all the granulating effects. You can even drag n drop audio from the arrange page directly to Padshop Pro.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

Return to “Older Cubase versions”