Installing Cuebase sx1.0.6 Please help

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
shugabear13

Installing Cuebase sx1.0.6 Please help

Post by shugabear13 »

I just bought a new computer windows 7 64 bit.I7 intel 950 12 gig ram I am trying to install cuebase sx1. It says its downloaded but when i try to open it I keep getting a message that says "unknown get info commamd received" and "unknown exception caught. Is sx1 compatible with windows 7 I have reinstalled it many times with the same result . can anyone help me thank you in advance

bevis

Re: Installing Cuebase sx1.0.6 Please help

Post by bevis »

SX1 is a very old version of cubase.

It probably will install on Win 7, but you may need to try the install trouble shooter, and make it install under 32bit XP emulation.

Reiknir

Post by Reiknir »

I have not tried 1.0.x but I did try 1.5x (I think) and 2.0.x for a laugh last year on win 7 64x, you just had to install the elicenser first then disable the synchrosoft install either by telling it not to install or by copying the install disk into a folder and removing the sychrosoft folder, the rest went OK, did not use XP mode and do not think I used XP execution emulation on the installer, did not test how well it worked in the end but it did work.

whitla

Post by whitla »

shugabear13 wrote:I just bought a new computer windows 7 64 bit.I7 intel 950 12 gig ram I am trying to install cuebase sx1. It says its downloaded but when i try to open it I keep getting a message that says "unknown get info commamd received" and "unknown exception caught. Is sx1 compatible with windows 7 I have reinstalled it many times with the same result . can anyone help me thank you in advance
I would be doubtful if this will work.

SX 1 is very old and not designed to work in Win 7.
Computer: Win 8 64bit, i7 CPU @ 3.2GHz 32GB ram,
audio card : Fireface UFX
Software etc: Cubase 8, Wavelab 7, BFD2, melodyne editor, Kontact, M-Tron, & tons of analog crap

Reiknir

Post by Reiknir »

whitla wrote:
shugabear13 wrote:I just bought a new computer windows 7 64 bit.I7 intel 950 12 gig ram I am trying to install cuebase sx1. It says its downloaded but when i try to open it I keep getting a message that says "unknown get info commamd received" and "unknown exception caught. Is sx1 compatible with windows 7 I have reinstalled it many times with the same result . can anyone help me thank you in advance
I would be doubtful if this will work.

SX 1 is very old and not designed to work in Win 7.
Works OK, I even got Cubase VST 5 working, not recommending people use it but it can be made to work

Return to “Older Cubase versions”