Cubase 7.0.1 / Cubase Artist 7.0.1 pre-release available

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Helge Vogt

Cubase 7.0.1 / Cubase Artist 7.0.1 pre-release available

Post by Helge Vogt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Dear Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 users,

we are happy to announce the availability of the 7.0.1 maintenance update for Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7!

Please note that this Update is a so called pre-release version. Pre-releases are an immediate response to issues reported by customers. In order to make these improvements available as soon as possible, these updates don't pass through Steinberg’s entire quality assurance process. Although the internal preliminary testing indicates that the updates are stable and reliable, technical support cannot be granted. The next fully supported maintenance updates will include the improvements along with others.

The update adds a new workspace appearance system, extended key command control in MixConsole and VST Connect SE 1.1. Furthermore the following issues have been resolved*:

Project:
  • - Selecting a Project template, e.g. “Blues Rock Production” no longer leads to an unresponsive application state.
    - Displaying track pictures in the tracklist within the Project window works seamless.
Editing:
  • - Double-clicking to open the crossfade editor no longer renders the application unreliable.
    - Copy/Paste of a range selection in Sample Editor or MediaBay will no longer lead to a "Realtime Algorithm has been deactivated" message.
    - Editing Length Values in the Logical Editor now works seamless.
    - After saving a new preset in Logical editor, the presets are listed correctly.
MIDI:
  • - Intensive velocity edit operations in the Key Editor when the track is set to Hermode Mode Tuning (HMT) playback no longer renders the application unresponsive.
    - MIDI-Reset message is now transmitted on all MIDI channels as expected.
    - MIDI track events sent to an instrument are no longer played back twice after changing the output routing.
Score:
  • - On PC systems the print tabulatur over more than one page no longer miss note lines on the second page.
    - On OS X systems the printout from scores no longer shows unwanted horizontal and vertical lines.
Chords:
  • - The localization of chord types has been improved.
    - In the Key Editor Chord Editing Tab, chord types are no longer greyed out until a chord is selected and the labels on the Chord Buttons are easier to read.
    - When the Chord Editor is open other key commands are also available.
    - Executing “Make Chords” will overwrite and erase any existing chords.
    - Chords to MIDI now creates expected results, regardless of chosen time formats of chord and target MIDI track (musical vs. time linear).
    - The velocity of auditioned notes is now the same for notes which have been created by dragging Chord events onto a MIDI track.
MixConsole:
  • - The high and low-pass filters are no longer active when bypassed and won’t produce unwanted artefacts.
    - In dual screen setups the mixer no longer jumps from the 1st to the 2nd screen as soon as "Channel Racks" is activated.
    - Enabling/disabling areas in MixConsole no longer lead to dissarranged areas when MixConsole is closed and re-openend.
    - Copy/Paste of Send Effect and settings no longer results in a non-active Send and wrong height of Send Rack.
    - The size of the Channel Setting window now remains intact when closed and reopened.
    - The on/off state of the “Show Track Pictures” option is restored correctly.
    - If two or more channels are linked together, the “activate side-chain“ state of the Standard Compressor channel strip module is now linked properly.
    - Envelope Shaper module no longer introduces phasing issues.
    - Using the channel strip on frozen channels now works reliable.
    - After switching presets of the EQ channel strip module, its parameters displayed correctly.
    - Dragging a user preset from MediaBay onto MixConsole no longer renders the application unreliable.
Plug-in:
  • - Resizing the plug-in window now works as expected for plug-ins which support it.
    - Inserting the Tube Compressor channel strip module or activating its side chain no longer produces a short noise.
    - MixConvert V6 is now available as plug-in.
    - Under Mac OS X older iLok protected VST plug-ins such as Audio Ease Speakerphone 2, will no longer render the application unreliable.
    - VST Connect SE connections are now more reliable.
    MediaBay: The MediaBay Location checkbox icons are displayed correctly.
Remote:
  • - Working with MediaBay via a remote control no longer leads to unexpected shutdown of the application.
    - FX Sends Level can now be remote-controlled properly also if Project Settings are set to +12 dB Fader in Project Setup.
Hardware:
  • - Under OS X 10.8 it is now possible to switch the sample rate without any issues.
    - The included REV-X/Channel Strip plug-ins of Steinberg MR/UR hardware now have an icon for preset operation
Localization :
  • Cubase now runs in same language as specified for the system (OS X only).
* Please note that this list applies to Cubase 7 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 7.

The 7.0.1 Update and VST Connect Performer SE 1.1 are available free of charge here::

Cubase 7 downloads

Cubase Artist 7 downloads

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

More Cowbell

Re: Announcing Cubase 7.0.1 / Cubase Artist 7.0.1 pre-release

Post by More Cowbell » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Good Job Helge & Co!
Will the MR interface have the channels trip for Mixconsole?

nietz

Post by nietz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Yey! I'm not holding my breath, but keep them coming! I'm sure we'll get there at some point. :)
Cubase 6.52
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X
Asus P6TD Deluxe
Corsair CM3X2g16008D DDR3
UAD-2 Quad
RME HDSP
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

feck

Post by feck » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Cool. I don't see anything specifically about general VST plugin compatibility fixes - will I be able to boot C7 with all the VST's in the VST folder which work with 6.5? (Abbey Road plugins, Flux IRCAM, Antares AVOX and Waves Waveshell VST2 currently have to be removed from the VST folder for C7 to boot here).
Scott Fritz
President/Producer
Stranded On A Planet Productions

Recent artists include - Amirah, Nadia Ali, Cavalier King, Martha Berner, A Friend Called Fire, Karen Kiley, The Hawthorne Effect

scott@strandedonaplanet.com
www.strandedonaplanet.com
www.facebook.com/strandedonaplanet
www.myspace.com/strandedonaplanetproductions
www.twitter.com/strandedplanet
646-408-6013

Intel Mac 8 core Xeon 2.8 GHZ, 10 GB 800mhz DDR2 RAM, OSX 10.7.5, RME Raydat/SSL Alphalink.

sensorychaos

Post by sensorychaos » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Nice that all those bugs could have been resolved.
Any news or comment about the non appearing vu-meter tools ? (occured to several users)
Windows 7/8 ultimate 64 bit
i7 3960x -- 4.3 Ghz (oc)
Asus p9x79
16 Go Hyper-X 1866 Mhz RAM
ASUS GTX 560 DCII TOP
OCZ Agility3 240 Go SSD
Barracuda 7200.12
Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800W
Corsair hydro series H100
------------------------------
RME Fireface UFX+UFX2
Cubase 9.5.1 pro
Neve 8816 summing mixer
Genelec 1031 A --- Genelec 1092 A ---Genelec 8050B
Moog Sub37 - Moog subphatty
DSI Tempest - DSI Tetra -
Tom Oberhein SEM expander
Mutable Shruti
Arturia Minibrute
Novation Supernova 2 - Roland JP-8000
Keith McMillen QUNEO - Beatsteppro
NI Maschine mk3

Rich

Post by Rich » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Well. I'm glad to see these fixes. But a bit frustrated that the CMC-QC eq issue was not resolved. Also MANY folks complained about the inability to hide tracks on a mix surface though hidden onsceen.

Maybe these fixes are there but just not listed by Helge.

Anyway, it is a step forward.

-Rich

Hessel89

Post by Hessel89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm

will there be real Full Screen support in the OSX version? if not, where it be there in future updates?

serenity

Post by serenity » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Ok, thats great. How about mixer changes ? Is threre in 7.0.1 cleaner to read plugin names ? Is each channel more separate from others ? Can we hide faders for better view channel strip ? I expected sutch of these sugestions to be included in update...
Pawel

Windows 10 64 bit / Cubase 10 Pro 64 Bit / RME Fireface 400
www.studiomuzyczne.com

bern

Post by bern » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 pm

When will they be fixing the issue some of us have about Steinberg Hub not connecting, or is that in this update? Is there a fix or advice available? I see many complaints on the 'Net and the Forum. Steinberg tech support has not been of help so far.
PC, Intel Core2 Quad, ASUS, 4Gigs, Windows 7 32Bit, RME FF800, Soundcraft Spirit, studio site -
STUDIO

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Please fix the Artist MC Transport jog wheel mixup.

BEATS4YOU

Post by BEATS4YOU » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 am

serenity wrote: Can we hide faders for better view channel strip ?
If you want to hide the faders, simply minimize them until they go away....lol
macOS High Sierra.
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

krisp

Post by krisp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:46 am

bern wrote:When will they be fixing the issue some of us have about Steinberg Hub not connecting, or is that in this update? Is there a fix or advice available? I see many complaints on the 'Net and the Forum. Steinberg tech support has not been of help so far.
Hey, FYI - the Steinberg "Hub" is just a pointer to this forum and some youtube tutorial videos - all it does is starting your web browser for you. So you aren't missing anything you can't find yourself. There are far more important things to fix/implement than this waste of developer resources.

Kris.

orchetect

Post by orchetect » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:29 am

Nice! Great to see some bugs I reported were addressed. Onward and upward :)
Steffan Andrews | Composer for Film/TV | Custom iPad control surface developer | website | imdb
DAW: Mac Pro 6,1 (trashcan) 3.5GHz 6-core 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD, macOS 10.14.6, Cubase 10.5.0 GM, Dorico 2.1
Converters/Monitoring: UA Apollo Duo Thunderbolt x 2, Apollo 16 Thunderbolt, Focal Trio6/Sub6
Gear: Vertigo VSM-2, Pultec EQM-1S3 pair, Manley Massive Passive, Neve Portico II Master Buss Processor, Manley ELOP, Manley Nu Mu, API 2500, Smart C2, Dangerous Compressor, Millennia STT-1 & HV-3C, Aurora GTQ2 x 2, Manley Core, Neumann M149 / U87ai / TLM170R pair / KM184 mt, Schoeps CMC64 stereo pair, Gefell UM70S, AT5040 & AT5045, Yamaha CP33, 5 iPads running custom DAW control surface software

lights

Post by lights » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:52 am

It doesn't look like the bug where the master/loudness meters aren't showing up in the mixer is fixed. Here's my report, no acknowledgement but a screen shot proving the issue:
https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 75&t=30880
-darren
music: www.lightsfadelow.com
follow lights fade low on facebook

i7 980x 18GB RAM; ProFire2626; Win7; everything x64

FR33M4N

Post by FR33M4N » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:22 am

That´s kind of a funny list... Did anybody at steinberg actually run c7 before releasing it?
It´s a mess! Especially the Mixer.

I volunteer to be a beta-tester next time. Oh wait, seems you have to pay 150 bucks to participate :-)

...sorry, but I had to get this out... still like Cubase a lot.
Audio Tutorials (in German): https://www.youtube.com/user/FMNxMusic

arapahoe

Post by arapahoe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:24 am

Helge,

Thanks for the update on the update :D

I'm still having issues with recalling different mixer setups. It just doesn't work

I'm on a Mac running ML and have tried everything I can think of. Is this working on Mac for everyone but me???

Dror1980

Post by Dror1980 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:13 am

thanks for the update!
what about the auto color function?
and for future releases please make track icon's also for group and folder channels.
:D

emotive

Post by emotive » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 am

krisp wrote:
bern wrote:When will they be fixing the issue some of us have about Steinberg Hub not connecting, or is that in this update?
Hey, FYI - the Steinberg "Hub" is just a pointer to this forum and some youtube tutorial videos - all it does is starting your web browser for you.
Not true actually, there are direct links to news and online content.
BEATS4YOU wrote:
serenity wrote: Can we hide faders for better view channel strip ?
If you want to hide the faders, simply minimize them until they go away....
But that removes the channel text.
Dror1980 wrote:and for future releases please make track icon's also for group and folder channels.
+1

orchetect

Post by orchetect » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 am

Dror1980 wrote:and for future releases please make track icon's also for group and folder channels.
And hardware input/output tracks...
Steffan Andrews | Composer for Film/TV | Custom iPad control surface developer | website | imdb
DAW: Mac Pro 6,1 (trashcan) 3.5GHz 6-core 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD, macOS 10.14.6, Cubase 10.5.0 GM, Dorico 2.1
Converters/Monitoring: UA Apollo Duo Thunderbolt x 2, Apollo 16 Thunderbolt, Focal Trio6/Sub6
Gear: Vertigo VSM-2, Pultec EQM-1S3 pair, Manley Massive Passive, Neve Portico II Master Buss Processor, Manley ELOP, Manley Nu Mu, API 2500, Smart C2, Dangerous Compressor, Millennia STT-1 & HV-3C, Aurora GTQ2 x 2, Manley Core, Neumann M149 / U87ai / TLM170R pair / KM184 mt, Schoeps CMC64 stereo pair, Gefell UM70S, AT5040 & AT5045, Yamaha CP33, 5 iPads running custom DAW control surface software

sonicassault

Post by sonicassault » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 am

krisp wrote:
bern wrote:When will they be fixing the issue some of us have about Steinberg Hub not connecting, or is that in this update? Is there a fix or advice available? I see many complaints on the 'Net and the Forum. Steinberg tech support has not been of help so far.
Hey, FYI - the Steinberg "Hub" is just a pointer to this forum and some youtube tutorial videos - all it does is starting your web browser for you. So you aren't missing anything you can't find yourself. There are far more important things to fix/implement than this waste of developer resources.

Kris.
+1

Deactivated the Hub. I don't need advertisement for Steinberg products... By the way - check your firewall-settings if it does not run. I'm pretty sure that this is no Steinberg bug when Hub doesn't work...

Keep 7.0.1. coming!
Cubase 7.5.0 - 64bit
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit
Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 @ 3,0 Ghz, 8 GB RAM
RME HDSP 9632
Roland DS-7 with JBL Sub10
Novation Remote 37 SL

mackie1402

Post by mackie1402 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:07 am

no fixed the mackie controll bug?

Helge Vogt

Post by Helge Vogt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 am

feck wrote:Cool. I don't see anything specifically about general VST plugin compatibility fixes - will I be able to boot C7 with all the VST's in the VST folder which work with 6.5? (Abbey Road plugins, Flux IRCAM, Antares AVOX and Waves Waveshell VST2 currently have to be removed from the VST folder for C7 to boot here).
Hi, I just added one for iLok plug-ins.

Cheers,
Helge
Helge Vogt - Team Lead Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

babaorum

Post by babaorum » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

mackie1402 wrote:no fixed the mackie controll bug?
+1 ... ?
Cubase 10.x 64bits- Windows 10 pro 64bits - wavelab element 9.5.x - core i9 9900K - 32 Go RAM - 500 Go SSD + 750 Go SSD + 4.750 To HDD. ANTELOPE Discrete 4. Pro Tools 2019.x
Ideal-Sound Not_To_Flow

Cantankerous

Post by Cantankerous » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

orchetect wrote:
And hardware input/output tracks...
+1 to all this.
Asus P8P67
8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Echo Audiofire8
Virus Ti Desktop
Novation 49SL MKII
UAD-2 Quad x 2
CUBASE 7.5
HALion 5

HarrySound

Post by HarrySound » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Keep patching and we will keep moaning, that way we all get what we want at the end of the day 8-)
now....about that CC121 EQ compatability! ;)

Return to “Older Cubase versions”