LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all

I love my old console but what can we do... learn the new one hehehe... It does Have many Pros
Also some confusions but these videos by Cubase Jedi Master GURU Greg Ondo will help you find the cool new FEATURES..

I really love my old Mixer Specially the 6.5 and the Nuendo 5 :( wish it would take the whole screen like the new one... but way too much for the GPU I guess. The old mixer looks more professional.. The new one looks like a Star Trek board. Cool in its own way..

Also noticed that the new Mix Console is design to match the NUAGE system... So this might have been a Yamaha decision..

More videos to come...
Attachments
Custom Console 2 - CUBASE 7.jpg
My console rocks LOL :)
(584.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by GIRO on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

johngar
Member
Posts: 563
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:46 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by johngar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:47 pm

I have to ask,
How did you get the custom notepad font and color?
PC | Nuendo 8 | Cubase 8 | i7-4930k | Win10 | 32gb ram | Intensity Pro | Radeon HD7700 | RME9632 | Euphonix MC Control -Mix - Transport | Genelec |

MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz i7 | OS X 10.9 | MOTU 828MKII |

artifactdetroit.com

User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:54 pm

johngar wrote:I have to ask,
How did you get the custom notepad font and color?
Those are custom ones I did and load them thru the user picture icons.. I will have these available soon .. Trying to cover as many track labeling as possible...
You can also take photos of a mic rig, amp mic-ing, lead vocalist, etc... and label the track with it.
Salvador Peláez
http://www.durotronik.com http://www.pristinestudio.com
System: ION - AMD 6 Core Phenom II 3.21ghz 16GB Ram
DAW: Nuendo 7 - Cubase Pro 9 - WL Pro 9 - HALion 6 - HALion Sonic 3 -
HW: MR816CSX - UR28M - UR824 - CC121 -

johngar
Member
Posts: 563
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:46 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by johngar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I see, those are track pictures not the notepad font. Thanks.
PC | Nuendo 8 | Cubase 8 | i7-4930k | Win10 | 32gb ram | Intensity Pro | Radeon HD7700 | RME9632 | Euphonix MC Control -Mix - Transport | Genelec |

MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz i7 | OS X 10.9 | MOTU 828MKII |

artifactdetroit.com

User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 pm

yep ;)

bump topic..

People take the time to see these videos before you post any complaints.. :D
click on the link above.. 7 videos in depth look to the mix console..
Salvador Peláez
http://www.durotronik.com http://www.pristinestudio.com
System: ION - AMD 6 Core Phenom II 3.21ghz 16GB Ram
DAW: Nuendo 7 - Cubase Pro 9 - WL Pro 9 - HALion 6 - HALion Sonic 3 -
HW: MR816CSX - UR28M - UR824 - CC121 -

SLL
Junior Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by SLL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:54 pm

You mixer picture is looking very nice. Indeed motivation for some work with C7 :)
And the track pictures you've made are just great!

SLL

User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:49 pm

SLL wrote:You mixer picture is looking very nice. Indeed motivation for some work with C7 :)
And the track pictures you've made are just great!

SLL
I'll post them soon for all to use...
Salvador Peláez
http://www.durotronik.com http://www.pristinestudio.com
System: ION - AMD 6 Core Phenom II 3.21ghz 16GB Ram
DAW: Nuendo 7 - Cubase Pro 9 - WL Pro 9 - HALion 6 - HALion Sonic 3 -
HW: MR816CSX - UR28M - UR824 - CC121 -

Stealth
Member
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by Stealth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:55 am

Excellent videos! Its really amazing how much you can do with the new C7 mixer just using the keyboard :)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14, Cubase 9.0.4

User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 am

Stealth wrote:Excellent videos! Its really amazing how much you can do with the new C7 mixer just using the keyboard :)
This new mixer has more functionality that people imagine .. It can integrate to special systems for blind people..
WILL ALSO match the new Yamaha NUAGE system layout..
8-)


I just plunged into a 42" monitor.... YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Those videos are also linked to your cubase 7 via "Steinberg Hub" when you launch Cubase..
More to come soon.. Greg Ondo is the Jedi Master.
Salvador Peláez
http://www.durotronik.com http://www.pristinestudio.com
System: ION - AMD 6 Core Phenom II 3.21ghz 16GB Ram
DAW: Nuendo 7 - Cubase Pro 9 - WL Pro 9 - HALion 6 - HALion Sonic 3 -
HW: MR816CSX - UR28M - UR824 - CC121 -

florent
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by florent » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:49 am

How do you color multiple selected channels in mixer ?

TritonKing
New Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by TritonKing » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:12 am

I'm excited about the new mixer. Lots of new "Eye Candy", as Greg Ondo would call it. Thanks Steinberg/Yamaha for continuing your legacy of support. This update is worth the $149.99. Only one insult, I wish they would say $150.00 instead of using .99. LOL!!!
"Music is forever"
Cubase 4,5 & 6.5 and Cubase 7.01-Wavelab 6 & 7- MR816X-D16XD-D1600-CC121-Triton Studio 88 -Korg PA1X Arranger-Motu 1224 : iMac 27" (Snow Lepard 10x) - Dell XPS 410 w/Windows 7 and other toys. ;0) Operating system Lion for the iMac.

User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 am

florent wrote:How do you color multiple selected channels in mixer ?
Been wishing that for years... I'm Gonna nag even more for that one now.. :idea:
We should be able to do it with the Quick Link right? 8-) That was my first move with the Quick Link hahahahaha
select all drums - Q-link - all RED :'(
Salvador Peláez
http://www.durotronik.com http://www.pristinestudio.com
System: ION - AMD 6 Core Phenom II 3.21ghz 16GB Ram
DAW: Nuendo 7 - Cubase Pro 9 - WL Pro 9 - HALion 6 - HALion Sonic 3 -
HW: MR816CSX - UR28M - UR824 - CC121 -

florent
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by florent » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm

I thought I missed something,can't believe that they left this feature out ...I hope that they will fix it soon.

User avatar
jose7822
Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:38 am
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by jose7822 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:01 am

GIRO wrote:
florent wrote:How do you color multiple selected channels in mixer ?
Been wishing that for years... I'm Gonna nag even more for that one now.. :idea:
We should be able to do it with the Quick Link right? 8-) That was my first move with the Quick Link hahahahaha
select all drums - Q-link - all RED :'(
You can color multiple selected channels via the color palette icon. This can even be done in Cubase 6.

Now, if you mean coloring the entire channel strip, then I agree we could benefit from that. Although, I honestly don't find it to be essential for my needs given the fact that Steinberg has now added track icons. One could make icons with different colors to achieve a similar effect. GIRO, you did a good job with your custom icons. I like what you did there. If you simply color them differently based on the type of track (i.e. drums = red font, vocals = green font, etc), I'm sure you would be able to navigate through the mixer without issues. Just an idea ;-)
GIGABYTE X99 Designare EX | Intel Core i7 6800K (OC'ed to 4.2 GHz) | 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (3333 MHz) | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | Corsair H115i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 8.5 64 bit | Studio One v4.1.1 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad

crypticglobe
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by crypticglobe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Nice mixer arrangement! :)

Greg Ondo is the man!!!!
Steve Lamm
Cryptic Globe Recording
CGR Studios - Engineering, Mixing, and Production
Cryptic Globe Recording - Custom PC DAW Systems!
Ask me about my Custom Mac! :)

User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 am

jose7822 wrote: You can color multiple selected channels via the color palette icon. This can even be done in Cubase 6.

Now, if you mean coloring the entire channel strip, then I agree we could benefit from that. Although, I honestly don't find it to be essential for my needs given the fact that Steinberg has now added track icons. One could make icons with different colors to achieve a similar effect. GIRO, you did a good job with your custom icons. I like what you did there. If you simply color them differently based on the type of track (i.e. drums = red font, vocals = green font, etc), I'm sure you would be able to navigate through the mixer without issues. Just an idea ;-)
JOSE.. wasup.. I meant from the mixer... we can't do it.. Was hoping to get that with the quick link..
Nah coloring the entire channel is a PT thing, uuuhghg.. :roll: hate it lolol

The picture name tags can pick the color from the track.(picture attached).. When I'm done with them I will post them for all to use.. I'm making as many as I can.. send me some track names you would like to see..
Attachments
Customazing the thumb pictures.jpg
picture tracks
(640.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Salvador Peláez
http://www.durotronik.com http://www.pristinestudio.com
System: ION - AMD 6 Core Phenom II 3.21ghz 16GB Ram
DAW: Nuendo 7 - Cubase Pro 9 - WL Pro 9 - HALion 6 - HALion Sonic 3 -
HW: MR816CSX - UR28M - UR824 - CC121 -

User avatar
jose7822
Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:38 am
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by jose7822 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 am

OK, gotcha! Being able to color multiple mixer channels from withing the mixer would be cool. As far as track icons go, I want to create my own based on custom pictures (though I may put names on them too, not sure yet). Wanna have my own look, which I may share once I'm done. We'll see how they turn out. I used to use track icons in Sonar, so this is a cool feature to be able to use again.

Take care!
GIGABYTE X99 Designare EX | Intel Core i7 6800K (OC'ed to 4.2 GHz) | 64GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (3333 MHz) | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | Corsair H115i Water Cooler | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1200 Watt PSU | Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 8.5 64 bit | Studio One v4.1.1 | Lynx Aurora (n) 8TB | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad

User avatar
mozizo
Senior Member
Posts: 1646
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by mozizo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 pm

jose7822 wrote:
GIRO wrote:
florent wrote:How do you color multiple selected channels in mixer ?
Been wishing that for years... I'm Gonna nag even more for that one now.. :idea:
We should be able to do it with the Quick Link right? 8-) That was my first move with the Quick Link hahahahaha
select all drums - Q-link - all RED :'(
You can color multiple selected channels via the color palette icon. This can even be done in Cubase 6.

Now, if you mean coloring the entire channel strip, then I agree we could benefit from that. Although, I honestly don't find it to be essential for my needs given the fact that Steinberg has now added track icons. One could make icons with different colors to achieve a similar effect. GIRO, you did a good job with your custom icons. I like what you did there. If you simply color them differently based on the type of track (i.e. drums = red font, vocals = green font, etc), I'm sure you would be able to navigate through the mixer without issues. Just an idea ;-)
well cool. but cant color at ones mixer channels whose not appear in project window.
for example groove agent one with multi outputs.

anyway its a good idea to color tracks with Q link from MixConsole so you dont have to jump to project window and use the color palate.
cubase Pro 9.5 64bit ,halion 55 , GA45 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 redstone 64bit 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

User avatar
MaXxive
Junior Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by MaXxive » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:43 am

I really learnt a lot from these videos, thank you!

I already watched them a few weeks ago I think, but couldn't find your topic again. So this is more a thank you and a way to find it again ;)
Cubase 10.0.5 | Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit | Steinberg UR44 | Soundcraft M8 | SE Electronics 2200A | Shure SM58 | KRK RP5 | Kort Triton Extreme 76 | Technics AX5 |
http://www.maxxiveproductions.com - http://www.facebook.com/maxxiveproductions

User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:57 am

MaXxive wrote:I really learnt a lot from these videos, thank you!

I already watched them a few weeks ago I think, but couldn't find your topic again. So this is more a thank you and a way to find it again ;)
8-)

If you have a VST instruments and you want it to pop open from the MIXER, hold the E for 2 sec and pop goes the guy. We don't have the VSTi icon in the mixer anymore so that's the trick now...

Select instrument track - Hold E - say hello to my little friend..
Salvador Peláez
http://www.durotronik.com http://www.pristinestudio.com
System: ION - AMD 6 Core Phenom II 3.21ghz 16GB Ram
DAW: Nuendo 7 - Cubase Pro 9 - WL Pro 9 - HALion 6 - HALion Sonic 3 -
HW: MR816CSX - UR28M - UR824 - CC121 -

GoGoGhetto
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:37 pm
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GoGoGhetto » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:22 pm

GIRO wrote:
8-)

If you have a VST instruments and you want it to pop open from the MIXER, hold the E for 2 sec and pop goes the guy. We don't have the VSTi icon in the mixer anymore so that's the trick now...

Select instrument track - Hold E - say hello to my little friend..
This is a great trick , HOw do i access the selected channel view from the mixer? Also where to find the hi and low pass on mixer? Thanks in advance. Merry merriment.
G
Mac Pro 8 core 10.6.5 Cubase 5 Wavelab 7 Halion 3

User avatar
GIRO
Junior Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by GIRO » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:52 am

GoGoGhetto wrote:
GIRO wrote:
8-)

If you have a VST instruments and you want it to pop open from the MIXER, hold the E for 2 sec and pop goes the guy. We don't have the VSTi icon in the mixer anymore so that's the trick now...

Select instrument track - Hold E - say hello to my little friend..
This is a great trick , HOw do i access the selected channel view from the mixer? Also where to find the hi and low pass on mixer? Thanks in advance. Merry merriment.
G
I Mean The E in the mixer just in case........ CLick on the (E) once... - There you can access the HP-LP filters too.. Follow the link on top of this thread to learn more on the new mixer..


Merry Christmas
Salvador Peláez
http://www.durotronik.com http://www.pristinestudio.com
System: ION - AMD 6 Core Phenom II 3.21ghz 16GB Ram
DAW: Nuendo 7 - Cubase Pro 9 - WL Pro 9 - HALion 6 - HALion Sonic 3 -
HW: MR816CSX - UR28M - UR824 - CC121 -

cmbourget
Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 am
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by cmbourget » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:11 pm

The new MIX CONSOLE is very functional, but the interface is inconsistent with the software. It looks like another software or plug-in. On the layout, it's understandable. The advantages are obvious. But on typography, what is it? :o Steinberg could keep the same "S", "M", "e", etc.., And all that goes with it. Curious decision.

And this emulation metal ... How to put in the trash? This software is a job, not a visual game. Common sense dictates that any visual effect should give a functional benefit. Otherwise, it's decoration, decoration and have the whole day under the eyes ...

That said, the new console is a remarkable achievement. But please return to the overall look of the software!
Cubase 10, Pro Tools 2019.5
PC Windows 10, Intel Xeon E5-2667 v2 3.30GHz, 8 cores, 64 Go
PrismSound Titan, Solo Be and Focal sub

cmbourget
Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 am
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by cmbourget » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:33 am

About the design of the new console, I would add that the signs of EQ, Inserts, Sends, etc., are not the same as in the editor. Really, you'd think Steinberg botched design :cry: . Although, I repeat, the mixer is very effective.
Cubase 10, Pro Tools 2019.5
PC Windows 10, Intel Xeon E5-2667 v2 3.30GHz, 8 cores, 64 Go
PrismSound Titan, Solo Be and Focal sub

Derek Cook
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:28 am
Contact:

Re: LEARN YOUR NEW C7 MIX CONSOLE HERE!!

Post by Derek Cook » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I've been going through these video tutorials, and they are very good for pointing out the new features, which I am about to try. :)

Whilst there are mixed views (groan) on the new mix console, I am quite excited by what's on offer.

Steinberg, can I suggest that it is possible by default to download the excellent videos you have placed on you-tube? I have used an offline utility to download the videos so that I can watch them without the frustration of buffering/interruption

Not everybody has fast broadband (or at least fast enough to prevent flaky playback). Living in the far West of Wales, three miles from the telephone exchange, in an area of 60 year old aluminum underground cables (so going through ducts that can get flooded), during the wettest UK drought on record ;) , I most certainly do not. :)
Regards
Derek Cook

Post Reply

Return to “Older Cubase versions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests