Cubase Studio 5 Video Problems.

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Sean M

Cubase Studio 5 Video Problems.

Post by Sean M »

Basically in Device Setup> Video> Video Player, there are no options to select the playback engine etc.

I do have Windows Media Player and Quicktime installed. I'm on update 5.5.3 as well.

Here is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/hUpcX.jpg

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Re: Cubase Studio 5 Video Problems.

Post by thinkingcap »

Read the fine documentation that comes with 5.5...
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Sean M

Post by Sean M »

thinkingcap wrote:Read the fine documentation that comes with 5.5...
I already have, which is why I came here. Thanks for being so helpful...

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap »

Sean M wrote:
thinkingcap wrote:Read the fine documentation that comes with 5.5...
I already have, which is why I came here. Thanks for being so helpful...
Then additionally read this also...
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChristerHolm

Post by ChristerHolm »

What's the use of reading an ad/description page to solve a problem?
i7 7700K, 32GB, Win10 + Cubase 6 x64 | RME HDSPe AIO |

Shinta215

Post by Shinta215 »

Sean M wrote:Basically in Device Setup> Video> Video Player, there are no options to select the playback engine etc.
Sean M wrote:I'm on update 5.5.3 as well.
From New Video Engine for Cubase and Nuendo:
Playback is based on the QuickTime engine alone on both Mac and PC. That means that on PC there is no setup needed and only one playback method instead of three is available.

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap »

ChristerHolm wrote:What's the use of reading an ad/description page to solve a problem?
Obviously at least one more person found the use (no, it´s not you ;) ):
It helps you identify, if there really is a problem. You might find out one day, when you actually try it...

Zack7

Post by Zack7 »

Cubase 5.5 got a new video engine. This video engine needs Apple QuickTime Player 7.x installed to play back Video. Install it and have fun.

But the new engine and its menues are (like many other new things, for instance the complete new mediabay-surface) not considered in the manual (even not in the pdf!). Slack performance, Steinberg!!
Therefore in the Cubase manual in chapter "Video" there is shown the wrong, old menu for choosing video devices wich is not necessary in C 5.5, because it always uses the QuickTime Engine! And the user is led to think: "My cubase doesn't recognize any video devices!" It took me ours to find out this - also because in this thread nobody considers it useful to write explicit answers. Now I will do so and hope You can have it faster!

@ Steinberg: I always prized the precise, complete and very good subdivided manuals in professional diction coming with your software. Please don't give up this tradition!

Suprawill1

Post by Suprawill1 »

Zack7 wrote:Cubase 5.5 got a new video engine. This video engine needs Apple QuickTime Player 7.x installed to play back Video. Install it and have fun.

But the new engine and its menues are (like many other new things, for instance the complete new mediabay-surface) not considered in the manual (even not in the pdf!). Slack performance, Steinberg!!
Therefore in the Cubase manual in chapter "Video" there is shown the wrong, old menu for choosing video devices wich is not necessary in C 5.5, because it always uses the QuickTime Engine! And the user is led to think: "My cubase doesn't recognize any video devices!" It took me ours to find out this - also because in this thread nobody considers it useful to write explicit answers. Now I will do so and hope You can have it faster!

@ Steinberg: I always prized the precise, complete and very good subdivided manuals in professional diction coming with your software. Please don't give up this tradition!
My sentiments exactly! Thank you Zack7! :)
Home built Cooler Master tower - ASUS Prime Z270 MB - Intel Core i7 6700K@4.2G - 32G G.Skill Ripjaw V - Dual 24" Monitors - Cubase Pro 10 - Windows 10 & 7 Pro 64 - Samsung 970 EVO NVMe - Samsung 960 EVO NVMe - 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs - Roland Studio Capture Interface - X Touch Controller - Halion 6 - Addictive Drums 1&2 - Melodyne 4 - Serato

balkyny

Post by balkyny »

I am having the same problem. Exactly like this http://i.imgur.com/hUpcX.jpg
Ver. 5.5.3

Quicktime is installed.
Win 7, 64 bit

No player to select in video options.

No thumbnail generated.

However, In VIDEO window, it shows video when playback.

Any ideas?
Thank you.
Pavel
Russian voice actor/Sound producer
www.russianvoice4u.com
Skype or ISDN via Source-Connect: "voservices"
+1(212)812-2315 ext. 389 /+7(499) 404-2794

xmasters

Post by xmasters »

Hi, this post may be a little late in the making but as a reference to you or anyone still using the Cubase Studio 5 and is experiencing video problems in windows 7, when opening Cubase Studio 5 right click the icon and select the compatibility option in the properties then select a vista option, I chose Window Vista Service Pack 2 when I was experiencing video problems with my Cubase Studio 5.

I hope this was helpful...

Return to “Older Cubase versions”