Yes this is a great feature i want to have it
95%
No thanks leave the mixer as it is
5%

Total votes: 22

Zeitschleife

FEATURE REQUEST - Mixer Chanels completely colored

Post by Zeitschleife » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:22 am

What you think about a feature in Cubase that you can color a mixer chanel completley?

Let say Chanel one completely in Red, Chanel Two in Blue, Three in Yello and so on. See my enhancement.

You can do this in Protools or Reaper but why not in Cubase?
Attachments
Farbiger Mixer.png
(161.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cubase 7.5 AI7 Sequel 1
Windows 7 Professional SP1

PC: CPU: Intel E6850 Dual Core (2 X 3 GHZ)
Mainboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
Chipsatz: Intel P35
4 X 2 GB PC2800 GB RAM
Grafik: MSI NX 6800GT T2

Soundkarte Steinberg UR22 / Terratec Phase 22

Puma0382

Re: FEATURE REQUEST - Mixer Chanels completely colored

Post by Puma0382 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:15 pm

How do you easily distinguish which channel is the highlighted/selected one..? Could you expand/elaborate on your graphic a little please...? I'm not familiar with PTools etc...

Would the colouring idea you propose extend into the whole of the expanded mixer view (or not..?!) ;-)
Would the colouring extend into the track parts/events too by default (or would that be done separately..?)

Bob
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.5.50, Studio One v4.5.3, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:36 pm

If this kind of thing is ever implemented, I sincerely hope they put an intensity slider in the prefs so I can set it to "just a hint of" colour.
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Obviously, the example is ugly. But, the idea is exactly what we asked for when they "fixed" the mixer colors in 6. We have a bastardised version of it with the track handle colors. But, even there we can't control the color.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Zeitschleife

Post by Zeitschleife » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi Bob

good qeustion about the highlighted/selected one. One idea is that the colour of none selected Chanel could be darker and the selected are brither colour or transparent.

Im am also not familiar with Pro Tools but i see Pictiuers in web like this: http://media.soundonsound.com/sos/may10 ... May_03.jpg

Or here is a reaper version: http://media.soundonsound.com/sos/aug09 ... er3_01.jpg

The Track and part colour should be equal and also a good idea that you can see this in the extended mixer.

Because myself is a more visual /eye minded person so that is is easyer for me to find the right channel with full colours not only in the instrument name.

The best way is that you can choose in the program options per default no whole colored channels so that the mixer is as it is now.

Greets

Frank
Puma0382 wrote:How do you easily distinguish which channel is the highlighted/selected one..? Could you expand/elaborate on your graphic a little please...? I'm not familiar with PTools etc...

Would the colouring idea you propose extend into the whole of the expanded mixer view (or not..?!) ;-)
Would the colouring extend into the track parts/events too by default (or would that be done separately..?)

Bob
Cubase 7.5 AI7 Sequel 1

4 X 2 GB PC2800 GB RAM

Zeitschleife

Post by Zeitschleife » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Yeahhh ;) this is a good idea
Split wrote:If this kind of thing is ever implemented, I sincerely hope they put an intensity slider in the prefs so I can set it to "just a hint of" colour.
Cubase 7.5 AI7 Sequel 1

4 X 2 GB PC2800 GB RAM

Zeitschleife

Post by Zeitschleife » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi,

i know my example is ugly. I do this in Windows with Paint in about 15 minutes but you can see was my idea is.
It also be absolutly ok if we can choose the colour of the fader caps and the mixer stay as it is .

What about Skins like in Repaer? There you can choose that it loks like protools or hundreds of other skins.

JMCecil wrote:Obviously, the example is ugly. But, the idea is exactly what we asked for when they "fixed" the mixer colors in 6. We have a bastardised version of it with the track handle colors. But, even there we can't control the color.
Cubase 7.5 AI7 Sequel 1

4 X 2 GB PC2800 GB RAM

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Zeitschleife wrote:Hi,

i know my example is ugly. I do this in Windows with Paint in about 15 minutes but you can see was my idea is.
It also be absolutly ok if we can choose the colour of the fader caps and the mixer stay as it is .
My point is that we have requested/begged/demanded/wheedled/spit/yelled for this feature for years. It isn't a new idea. Many of us want colored track panels. At a minimum we want it back to the way it was for C5 where the panel color was the type of track. Even with the colored fader handles, the mixer view is difficult to "see".
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Rolf

Post by Rolf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:14 pm

And it would be amazing if you're working with large track amounts to be able to set the can hide feature for colored tracks then.
It woud then be "Can see - blue" for example (when blue is the drum group and you only wanna see that one.
It would make life so much easier. Can hide is nice but not too comfortable. :P
What do you think?
rolf

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Rolf wrote:And it would be amazing if you're working with large track amounts to be able to set the can hide feature for colored tracks then.
It woud then be "Can see - blue" for example (when blue is the drum group and you only wanna see that one.
What do you think?
rolf
I think drums should be orange :lol:
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

Loop Breaker

Post by Loop Breaker » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:27 pm

+1
Yes Awesome!!!

but please color the whole channel, from the bottom (channel name) to the top (Output).

SirJoseph

Post by SirJoseph » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:02 pm

+1!

The colored faders we have now are pretty corny and not easily distinguishable. Id rather the faders NOT be colored, so it doesnt look like a kids toy, or a something from Aldi's food store.
15" Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013 2.6 10.9+ 16gb 500GB Flash
MOTU Ultralite (2) | Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 | Presonus Eureka
Motif XS6 + FW | Fantom X6 | NI Maschine MK2 | M-Audio 61 Keystation | Korg K25
Rode NT1 | Rode NT2a | Shure BETA 87A | Audix OM2
Cubase 9.5 | Logic Pro X | FL Studio | Reason 6.5 | Maschine 2
Halion 6 | NI Komplete 11 | Arturia V Collection | EWQL Symphonic Choirs | Waves
Shure SRH840 | Pioneer SC-57 | Various Monitor Audio Silver Speakers and sub

patcub

Post by patcub » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 am

+1

I've been requesting this for years. Cubase mixer's design sucks as it is, no doubt.

Rolf

Post by Rolf » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:51 am

Split wrote:
Rolf wrote:And it would be amazing if you're working with large track amounts to be able to set the can hide feature for colored tracks then.
What do you think?
rolf
I think drums should be orange :lol:
BV's must be pink!

Return to “Older Cubase versions”