deleted

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
bluebob

deleted

Post by bluebob »

thanks everyone
Last edited by bluebob on Mon May 14, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Re: electro journey

Post by Strophoid »

Excellent, really really good piece imo!
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

Early21

Post by Early21 »

Can't wait to see this movie! We need a surround sound version of this one. It sounds great to me. You know your way around synths. Started a "bluebob" folder in my music library!
Cubase 8.0 Pro, Wavelab 6 Essential, Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop/Win10, Steinberg UR212, Izotope Ozone, Izotope RX6, NI Komplete
My album Incontinental Breakfast at http://lborden.bandcamp.com. Works in process: https://soundcloud.com/incontinentals.

ferencz

Post by ferencz »

very interesting......nice work!
HP I7/3.4g/16g ram/Emu 1212m/Novation Zero SL MKII/Halion 6/Halion/ Sonic/Padshop Pro/Wavelab 4/Cubase9.5

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

Strophoid wrote:Excellent, really really good piece imo!
always appreciate the 1st comment, doesn't matter how many songs have been done, after that final render you always wonder how it will be received. I still get a good feeling from it, thankyou
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

Early21 wrote:Can't wait to see this movie! We need a surround sound version of this one. It sounds great to me. You know your way around synths. Started a "bluebob" folder in my music library!
I always make a sort of movie trailor graphic for these songs, thats about the best I can do, the rest just plays over and over in my head, lol. I'm happy it sounds ok, still need to get my guitar skills up but I'm just not natural on guitar. after the lead spot, that simple guitar line had me frustrated, easy to the average guitarist but I really had to get my head around hitting that semi-tone note, I kept wanting to hit the major whole note progression. it was frustrating cause it sounds so easy, but at least I challenge myself recording the synths and then having to figure it out.
wow, a folder, thats putting pressure on me, lol. much appreciated early.
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

ferencz wrote:very interesting......nice work!
thanks mate, interesting is good. once I got jasmine to send me her voice, there was no turning back.
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

Jonathan5456

Post by Jonathan5456 »

Interesting yes! Sounds used captured that sc-fi kinda sound.
Sample Libraries: EWQL Hollywood Strings Diamond, Hollywood Brass Gold, Hollywood Woodwinds Gold, Symphonic Choirs, Silk, Stormdrum 2. Native Instruments Alicia's Keys Piano. All sample libraries at 1 mic position only.

Plugins: QL Spaces, Waves REDD, Waves API-2500, Waves J37/Kramer Tape, iZotope Ozone 5 Basic.

Dave S

Post by Dave S »

Hello Bob

I have come to eagerly listen to everything you post here with great anticipation. This is another tune I like a lot. Not much else to say really except keep 'um coming. 8-)
Cubase 6, i5, 8gb ram, Win7 X64, UAD-2, Emu 1820m, Nocturn, Alphatrack .......

Website/blog

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

Jonathan5456 wrote:Interesting yes! Sounds used captured that sc-fi kinda sound.
hey thanks, exactly what I was after. couple synth sounds in there I was waiting for the chance to use them.
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

Dave S wrote:Hello Bob

I have come to eagerly listen to everything you post here with great anticipation. This is another tune I like a lot. Not much else to say really except keep 'um coming. 8-)
hey dave, hows it goin. its very cool to have folks interested in listening in. have a good one
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan »

Yep. Good one. Nice work Bob.
J.L.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

Sherz

Post by Sherz »

Hmmm... I think I'm in danger of becoming a huge fan! :D Really lovin' this. :) That climactic section in the middle is terrific.

I often think about taking a new direction with my music... and if I did I really would like to be able to make music like this. 8-)
| Cubase 10.0.5 Pro (64bit) | Windows 10 | M-Audio Fastrack C600 | 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb |
--- M Y M U S I C ---

Sir Dancelot

Post by Sir Dancelot »

Outstanding Bob,

I am also a sci-fi nut, you nailed the atmosphere down.

Great how you manage to keep the tension for so long on the same progression.
I like the deep sounding kickdrum, it has a very round tone within the mix.

The beginnig could be the start of a Halo mission (both thumbs up)

Dylan.
My Cloud

SOFT: Cubase6 | Wavelab6studio | Halion4-Melodyne editor

PLUGS: Virtual bassist | ToontrackEZ&superior&electronicEZX | Tone2: filterbank3&Bi-filter | AM: Kicklab XXL | D16: Phosycon&Toraverb | GSI: GS201 | Korg: Legacy Analogue | UAD: Precision limiter&CambridgeEQ | Rob Papen: RPdelay&RPdistort | Izotope Stutter edit

HARD: Quadcore6600 | 64bit-8gig-W7-Maudio Oxygen49 | Novation RemotezeroSL | Mackie Onyx400F | Alesis Monitor One | KRK Rokit6 | UADone PCIe | Rode NTK

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

jaslan wrote:Yep. Good one. Nice work Bob.
J.L.
appreciate you taking the time, thanks
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

Sherz wrote:That climactic section in the middle is terrific.
thanks mate, I really was looking for something to divide the song, adding the guitar seemed to do the trick cause I was able to make it bigger there. maybe even a bit apocalyptic, :lol: well maybe not that good but you get the idea.
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

Sir Dancelot wrote: The beginnig could be the start of a Halo mission (both thumbs up)

Dylan.
hi dylan, ya right on, I spent alot of time with that opening, fussing about, once I settled on some things the rest fell into place as they say, glad you liked that, thanks.
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

Scab Pickens

Post by Scab Pickens »

Far out, man! You definitely have an ability to conjure up some otherworldly sounds. I really like what you do with a lot of the vocal processing. Some day I'll have to do a little experimenting in that area. Nice work once again.

Scott

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

Scab Pickens wrote:Far out, man! You definitely have an ability to conjure up some otherworldly sounds. I really like what you do with a lot of the vocal processing. Some day I'll have to do a little experimenting in that area. Nice work once again.

Scott
hey scott, good to see you stop by. ya the vocal stuff really is just experimenting till something clicks, its easier to get away with this stuff with certain styles of music. the normal vocal processing is alot harder to get right, lol. the fun part of this one was my pitched voice was in realtime so its kind of a different inspiration rather than applying the effect afterwards.
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

kzarider

Post by kzarider »

Bob, Incredible sounds wow...when kick came it floored me love that sound and the way it was tucked in mix during synth buildup...like an wave great dynamics. killer work,
PC i7-8770K Gigabyte 370 Win10 64bit -32gb ram; i7 2015 MackBook Pro; Cubase 9.5, Wavelab 8.5, Presonus 3, Digital Performer, Access Virus TI2, Vienna Instruments Cube-MIR-Pro 5, Imperial Grand, EastWest PlayComposer, UAD Quad, Baldwin L3, Hammond B3-Sk2, Rhodes, Wurlitzer 200, Hohner Clav, Waldorf, NI Komplete 10, Gretch Brooklyn, Omnisphere, Keyscape, Trillian, RMX, Superior Drums, BFD, etc. Antelope Orion 32HD, Antelope Goliath HD
http://zkeysmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=zkeysmusic
https://www.facebook.com/ZKeys-Studio-1608666072789495/

Sir Dancelot

Post by Sir Dancelot »

kzarider wrote:Bob, Incredible sounds wow...when kick came it floored me love that sound and the way it was tucked in mix during synth buildup...like an wave great dynamics. killer work,
Yes +1 for the kick
My Cloud

SOFT: Cubase6 | Wavelab6studio | Halion4-Melodyne editor

PLUGS: Virtual bassist | ToontrackEZ&superior&electronicEZX | Tone2: filterbank3&Bi-filter | AM: Kicklab XXL | D16: Phosycon&Toraverb | GSI: GS201 | Korg: Legacy Analogue | UAD: Precision limiter&CambridgeEQ | Rob Papen: RPdelay&RPdistort | Izotope Stutter edit

HARD: Quadcore6600 | 64bit-8gig-W7-Maudio Oxygen49 | Novation RemotezeroSL | Mackie Onyx400F | Alesis Monitor One | KRK Rokit6 | UADone PCIe | Rode NTK

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

I didn't quite care for the fairly pretentious beginning part, but man, that middle part with the guitar is really great 8-) I like how in the one section the guitar and the high synth are playing off each other

BTW -- you stole the VCS 3 backing synth sound from WYWH :lol: -- nothing wrong with that 8-)
"There is no avant-garde; only some people a bit behind." -- Edgar Varese
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

kzarider wrote:Bob, Incredible sounds wow...when kick came it floored me love that sound and the way it was tucked in mix during synth buildup...like an wave great dynamics. killer work,
much appreciated, ya I liked the kick, too. its easier to get that oomph when its fairly alone.
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

bluebob

Post by bluebob »

twilightsong wrote:I didn't quite care for the fairly pretentious beginning part, but man, that middle part with the guitar is really great 8-) I like how in the one section the guitar and the high synth are playing off each other

BTW -- you stole the VCS 3 backing synth sound from WYWH :lol: -- nothing wrong with that 8-)
lol ya, I knew straight away that opening was going to be a love/hate thing, but sometimes I just go with my instinct without over thinking it. haha yes, I always loved that vcs sound on doctor who.
thanks for listening in
Bob
Trent River, Ontario

Pearldivers

Post by Pearldivers »

The music sounds great. Huge. The electric guitar sounds a tad off pitch,
but somehow that adds to the tension and interest. Great work on the mix.

But I couldn't understand a single word of the vocals, sorry.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”