does LE4 & LE5 run 64bit vst's?

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
petemaw

does LE4 & LE5 run 64bit vst's?

Post by petemaw »

Pretty simple question, I'm trying to get cubase LE5 to recognise by 64 bit NI Kontakt plugins and came across some info that LE5 doesn't recognise them... any truth to this?

Split
Grand Senior Member

Re: does LE4 & LE5 run 64bit vst's?

Post by Split »

Cubase LE5 would have to be 64bit, I don't know if they did a LE5 64bit version?
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

petemaw

Post by petemaw »

O.k, if LE5 runs 64 bit VST's would you have any clues as to why it isn't recognising the 64bit plug-ins that I have in Kontakt? I have tries placing the dll's in the plugins folder of cubase as well as having the vst connections menu read the kontakt folder (not at the same time) and still nothing. It does however recognise the 32bit versions...

thinkingcap
Grand Senior Member

Post by thinkingcap »

peternaw wrote:O.k, if LE5 runs 64 bit VST's would you have any clues as to why it isn't recognising the 64bit plug-ins that I have in Kontakt? I have tries placing the dll's in the plugins folder of cubase as well as having the vst connections menu read the kontakt folder (not at the same time) and still nothing. It does however recognise the 32bit versions...
Re-read Split´s answer. Where does he say it does..? The reason why LE 5 doesn´t recognise 64 bit VSTs isthat it is 32 bit only.
Cubase 5.1.1 (32bit) | Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 | RME Fireface UFX | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase Essential 5 | Win 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just took off my thinkingcap, it got filled up with too much crap...

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”