C6 license question

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
manakesna

C6 license question

Post by manakesna »

hi all,
if I upgrade from C4 to C6 directly, do i get a license to use C5 as well?

thanx
hy·po·ton·ic (h p -t n k). adj. 1. Having less than normal tone or tension, as of muscles or arteries or sounds or thresholds

Chris Beuermann

Re: C6 license question

Post by Chris Beuermann »

Hello,

you don't get the actuall Cubase 5 license, but you can start Cubase 5 with the Cubase 6 license, and all the smaller Cubase versions.

Cheers,

Chris

crofter

Post by crofter »

Chris Beuermann wrote:Hello,

you don't get the actuall Cubase 5 license, but you can start Cubase 5 with the Cubase 6 license, and all the smaller Cubase versions.

Cheers,

Chris
Does that include my copy of Cubase studio 5.

Chris Beuermann

Post by Chris Beuermann »

Hello,

yes

Cheers,

Chris

manakesna

Post by manakesna »

I see, like it was with C4 and SX3. Thank you Chris, allow me to seize the opportunity and clarify something:
Upgrading from C4 (educational) to full licensed C6 is at the the same upgrade price as upgrading from C4 full
license to C6. I never understood if educational licenses of the large Cubase Versions count as full in upgrades
hy·po·ton·ic (h p -t n k). adj. 1. Having less than normal tone or tension, as of muscles or arteries or sounds or thresholds

crofter

Post by crofter »

Chris Beuermann wrote:Hello,

yes

Cheers,

Chris
Thank you, I look forward to receiving my copy of Cubase 6

crohde

Post by crohde »

manakesna wrote:I see, like it was with C4 and SX3. Thank you Chris, allow me to seize the opportunity and clarify something:
Upgrading from C4 (educational) to full licensed C6 is at the the same upgrade price as upgrading from C4 full
license to C6. I never understood if educational licenses of the large Cubase Versions count as full in upgrades
Hi manakesna,

Yes, it's the same upgrade! There are no edu upgrades. If you want to upgrade your edu software you have to buy the "normal" upgrade.
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

manakesna

Post by manakesna »

Thanks a lot Carlos, I figured that, and it makes sense. My question was about the price. Updating from C4edu to C6 costs the same as it would cost from a fully licensed C4?

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P »

The educational license is a one time discount, at buying the initial version. After that, you either again buy an educational license for the higher version (if you're still eligible) - or pay the full upgrade price. Fair deal, methinks..

Luck, Arjan
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab Pro 10.0.50 | Cubase Pro 11.0.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

manakesna

Post by manakesna »

Thanks for trying to help Arjan, I'm aware of that and I agree it's a fair deal. Though I've seriously begun doubting my ability to make a clear question. So I might just put it down in numbers: Let's say that updating from C4 to C6 is 200 euros (i don't know how much it is) Is updating from C4 (edu) the same price, or is it more?, like let's say updating from a "lighter" Cubase version, such as studio or essential or whatever they're called.

I hope it's clear now for those in the know

Thanx for your patience

S4410

Post by S4410 »

manakesna wrote: Let's say that updating from C4 to C6 is 200 euros (i don't know how much it is) Is updating from C4 (edu) the same price
Yes,you will pay the same amount as if you had the full C4.
Actually i think that upgrading from C4(full or edu) to C6 is 149 euros
Windows 10 Home | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 32GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase Pro 10.5 | Wavelab Pro 10 | Dorico Pro 3 | iC| NI Komplete 11 | VSL Special Editions | Ableton Live Intro (rewired) | UAD-2 Quad

HP Elitebook| Cubase Elements

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P »

Every educational 'version' IS the full product; like I said, it's a one time discount on the full price. And yes, it's 149,-

Luck, Arjan
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab Pro 10.0.50 | Cubase Pro 11.0.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

manakesna

Post by manakesna »

Sounds great, thank you Arjan for being so helpfully precise. Looks like it's time to find a dealer ;)

Return to “Older Cubase versions”