Drum maps possible?

All topics on Backbone
alderiks

Drum maps possible?

Post by alderiks »

Can I create a drum map in Backbone? So I can load multiple drum sounds in one Cubase track like in Groove agent. And use the Cubase drum editor fiddle around with the separate drum sounds? Or is it just one drum sound per track?

Gerrit Junge
Steinberg Employee

Re: Drum maps possible?

Post by Gerrit Junge »

An instance of Backbone is monotimbral while the sound of the up to 8 Layers (stacked) is mapped all over the keyboard range.

best regards
Gerrit
Senior Quality Engineer
VST Instruments
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

alderiks

Post by alderiks »

Hello Gerrit,

Thanks for your reply, but I completely don't understand your answer. So again : Can I use Backbone just like Groove agent?

fuzzydude

Post by fuzzydude »

alderiks wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:53 am
Hello Gerrit,

Thanks for your reply, but I completely don't understand your answer. So again : Can I use Backbone just like Groove agent?
LOL :lol:
Comps+OS: PC's (Win 10 1903) - Mac Pro (Catalina) - MacBook Pro (Moave) I Nuendo 10 | Cubase Pro 10 I Wavelab 9.5 Pro

Pierluigi_Bontempi

Post by Pierluigi_Bontempi »

fuzzydude wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:50 pm
alderiks wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:53 am
Hello Gerrit,

LOL :lol:
No, with Backbone you can produce only one sound at a time (containing up to 8 layers). It's a different beast, made for manipulating sounds, not to give a virtual drumset or percussion set, like GA.
Steinberg Certified Trainer
https://musicproductionwithcubase.cloud > The book that will take you by the hand and accompany you to discover music production and Cubase!
https://produzionemusicaleconcubase.cloud > Il libro di riferimento in italiano per imparare a produrre musica con Cubase!

GalbE

Post by GalbE »

You can however drag and drop complete sounds to Groove Agent pads or whatever other drumsampler that supports drag and drop, so a drumkit is quite easy to make yourself.
== GalbE == | composer symphonic elektronica | music teacher | arranger | synth aficionado and sound designer | and last but not least technical translator into Dutch from English and German

Return to “Backbone”