Is there a mouse-scroll multiplier option? Or other ways to get slower scroll?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
kestudi

Is there a mouse-scroll multiplier option? Or other ways to get slower scroll?

Post by kestudi »

Hi,

My mouse wheel scrolls insanely large steps on Cubase. I would prefer not to hold CTRL+SHIFT to scroll horizontally (which enables the small-step scroll option).

All my other apps on MacOS Mojave scroll normally, so I don't want to adjust my global scroll speed just for Cubase. Is there some hidden preference to adjust this? Or some applet I could download that would add a fractional scroll multiplier value to get my Cubase to scroll in smaller intervals?

Thank you!

kestudi

Re: Is there a mouse-scroll multiplier option? Or other ways to get slower scroll?

Post by kestudi »

No 3rd party mouse scroll apps seem to do anything. I've got a Logitech Performance MX mouse, and even the logitech control panel doesn't seem to work. I set application-specific scroll speed in that prefpane, and there is no effect within Cubase.

-steve-
External Moderator

Re: Is there a mouse-scroll multiplier option? Or other ways to get slower scroll?

Post by -steve- »

For your 1st question, I dunno, I don't use Mac enough.

For the second- I don't have a Logitech device, but I have a Kensington trackball w/4 buttons that also switches presets based on active app. I wonder- did you double-check that the correct program is selected?

Also, I have seen the OS mouse driver take over in certain conditions, the most obvious of which is when waking from sleep (the computer, not me ;) ) and I have to launch the Kensington control panel to run its driver. But it does sound in your case like something is blocking the Logitech prefs from use in Cubase...
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
[safe mode] [cubase manual] [score editor manual]

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

I use a Kensington SlimBlade and it's apps I guess over-ride the Windows settings allowing for more control. Holding Ctr+alt puts the Slimblade into a very slow fine adjust mode. It also has different user set-ups for corresponding applications. However, unless I'm doing something wrong, once you re-start your PC it defaults to the normal mode, therefore if you open Cubase for example, you have to change the SlimBlade mode.
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

kestudi

Post by kestudi »

-steve- wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:37 am
Also, I have seen the OS mouse driver take over in certain conditions, the most obvious of which is when waking from sleep (the computer, not me ;) ) and I have to launch the Kensington control panel to run its driver. But it does sound in your case like something is blocking the Logitech prefs from use in Cubase...
Hey Steve, yes, I did check to ensure the proper application was being controlled. I think you're right, something is blocking the Logitech prefs. I wonder if it's something to do with Mojave and the OS's propensity to de-permission everything.

kestudi

Post by kestudi »

I discovered that my haywire horizontal scroll speed was being caused by an applet I've got installed called SMOOTH SCROLL. Which does a great job of improving the scroll appearance on Mac with 3rd party mice. Unfortunately, even though Cubase was listed as an exception within Smooth Scroll, it was still being impacted. So my current solution is to just disable Smooth Scroll for all apps while using Cubase.

balint

Post by balint »

+1... the scrolling on Mac OS is way too fast!
Digital: Nuendo 10.3 & Cubase 10.5, MacPro 2010, Antelope Orion 32, NI Komplete, UAD2, Software by D16, DMG Audio, Waves, Brainworx etc. // Analog: A Designs Pacifica, Focusrite ISA One, SSL SiX, 500er Rack with RND, Cranborne Audio, etc. // Instruments: Bechstein Grand, Fender Rhodes, Moog Voyager, Juno 6, Prophet 08, MFB Dominion etc. http://balintdobozi.com

TelecasterTube

Post by TelecasterTube »

+1. And while we’re at it… Magic Trackpad support please?? (pinch to zoom etc.)

andrew1966

Post by andrew1966 »

+1 !!!

When the mouse cursor is on the scroll bar, everything works smoothly, but in the working area scrolling/zooming is much too fast. Steinberg, please! Add an option in preferences for us. We beg you!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

andrew1966

Post by andrew1966 »

Silence everywhere... No reaction from Steinberg... Norm...

REAPER developers read users posts, they fix the problem overnight! And REAPER is 4 times cheaper than Cubase "Pro"! We pay every year for updates, hoping that maybe there is a smooth scrolling option in working area and always nothing! Hundreds of useless functions instead of good mouse navigation!!!!!!!!!!

ONE MORE TIME:

When the mouse cursor is on the scrollbar, scrolling works smoothly, but in the working area scrolling/zooming is terrible!!! FIX IT, OR ADD AN OPTION IN PREF.: "SMOOTH SCROLLING/ZOOMING IN WORKING AREA"!!!

:evil:

andrew1966

Post by andrew1966 »

Steinberg, fix it! Please!!!!!!!!!

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 »

One thing that might help -- with this with h/t to Vintique Sound for making me aware of it. For Windows (perhaps mac? idk) press the Mouse Wheel Down and Drag -- and you can often zero in on the exact moment you're looking for.

Also, don't forget to use the +/- keys to rewind and fast forward. If I'm zeroing in on measure or two, I find that is often the fastest, least annoying away of arriving at the point I'm looking for. B and H also is often better than the mouse, imho.

Yes, it would be great if this were corrected, so +1 for that and -100 for negative ranting in special fonts.

Lastly, here's a random link to one of Vintique Sounds' videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4UuhsV7VcU If you're new to Cubase or even an experienced user and don't know Vintique Sound's channel see it -- very skilled Cubase user, Audio Engineer/Producer/Studio and nice person.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

Maitch

Post by Maitch »

+1

It is annoying as hell.

andrew1966

Post by andrew1966 »

+ 100 000 000 000

Rkmusic

Post by Rkmusic »

+100000
this should’ve been fix 4 years ago. Super annoying to scroll down and up. Fix it
mac pro 2010-32gb-OSX 10.14.0-Korg m3-Motif xs-Waves gold-Saffire pro 40-liquid saffire 56-Some software synths-glyph drive-Ensoniq mr 76-Logic x-Cubase 10.5-Pro Tools 2018

GlennO

Post by GlennO »

fyi, I use the SteerMouse mouse driver on MacOS 10.13, and its sensitivity control works to adjust the scroll wheel increment size in Cubase.
Cubase 10, MacOS 10.13, Avid Artist Mix

Maitch

Post by Maitch »

My experience is that scrolling is better with HiDPI on. Off course then you have to deal with all the "limitations" of HiDPI.

GhostNote

Post by GhostNote »

Seriously Steinberg. Purchase a copy of Logic and copy the brilliance that is their scrolling and navigation. The scrolling is embarrassing in Cubase. Plus please, please give an option for both horizontal and vertical zooming with my Magic Mouse 2 like Logic does.

Return to “General”