New iMac

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
audiorommet

New iMac

Post by audiorommet » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:05 am

Hi everyone.

This may be a silly or stupid question, but how will a new iMac perform compared to a Mac Pro 2008? Im planning to upgrade (downgrade? :) ) soon, but i need to know that everything will work flawlessly and smooth when using Cubase Pro 10

When i look at the specs, a new iMac beats my Mac Pro 2008 hands down - unless there is something i'm missing?

This is my Mac Pro 2008 specs : 2,8 GHz Xeon Quad core, 2TB HDD, 2xCPU's and 14GB RAM/memory.

The new iMac I'm looking at : 3,6 Intel core i9 prosessor, 32GB memory, 1TB SSD hard drive.

https://www.apple.com/no/shop/buy-mac/i ... ,3-ghz-1tb

Looks like a monster compared to my old Mac Pro :)

I have also been looking at a new iMac Pro, but is a bit too pricey ..

Oki, let me know. I really need some advices here :) I really hate .. as we say here in Norway .. to buy "katta i sekken" ;) Translated : "being very disappointed with a purchase" or "throwing the money out of the window".. something like that :)

ok, thanks in advance :)
Apple MacPro 3,2 GHz 2 X Quad Core Intel Xeon 10 GB RAM | OSX 10.9.3 | RME Fireface 800 | Cubase 8 |

Wyatt Edwards

Re: New iMac

Post by Wyatt Edwards » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:58 am

iMac looks like a really powerful product on paper.
And you need not worry about the service quality of the product. It's Apple. It's going to be the best.
Cubase 8.0 Pro
Intel i7 7700K
NVIDIA QUADRO GV100
32 GB, 1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Pro
MS Dynamics 365

thompsonmax

Re: New iMac

Post by thompsonmax » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi there. I have bought an Apple iMac 27" 6 Core i5 3,7 GHz, 8 GB, 2 TB FD, RPro 580X recently and I am happy with it. Apple is a top company and you can be sure that every product they produced is better than the previous one.

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”