"Enter Project Cursor Position" still keeps "primary time display" up after entering value

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
operator_tank

"Enter Project Cursor Position" still keeps "primary time display" up after entering value

Post by operator_tank » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:36 am

This issue is present since Cubase Pro 10 came out and highly annoying: I use the command "enter project cursor position" a lot to jump to different positions in a project and have used this since ages. Since Cubase 10 a little window showing you entering a new position pops up whenever you're in any editor outside of the main project window [Note: I use "open editor commands open editors in a Window"]. This little window however doesn't disappear and has to be clicked away (either with mouse or with ESC key or so) before being able to do anything, which adds an unneeded step while working. That never happened in any Cubase version before and I consider this a bug. There's no reason for this window to appear - I know where I want to jump (funnily the transport bar doesn't show the entered value even with the transport bar being visible on the bottom of my window layout - that's where it should show it).

Can this please, please, please be changed to work like it did in previous versions?!
Enter-Project-Cursor_Position-Window.png
(30.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: "Enter Project Cursor Position" still keeps "primary time display" up after entering value

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi,

Have you installed CUbase 10.0.20 update, please?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

operator_tank

Re: "Enter Project Cursor Position" still keeps "primary time display" up after entering value

Post by operator_tank » Wed May 01, 2019 12:46 am

Hello Martin,
Sorry for the late reply. This is with 10.0.20 Built 187 already on my macOS 10.14 system here.

Best,
J.
macOS 10.15.2 Catalina, Cubase Pro 10.5.5.1

ecolvin

Post by ecolvin » Wed May 01, 2019 5:06 am

This bug is a workflow killer. Please fix.
Regards-
Eric

Cubase Pro (latest) • Mac OS 10.14.6 • 3.46 Ghz “Westmere” 12 core • 128 Gb RAM • MOTU PCI-424 • MOTU MTP-AV-USB • VEP (latest)

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu May 02, 2019 10:30 am

Hi,

This bug is present only if the Transport Bar (the most lower zone) is not present. If this part is enbaled, then while you press Shift+P (enter project cursor position), the cursor jumps to this bar. You can type the time position, press enter and you don't have to close it.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

ecolvin

Post by ecolvin » Thu May 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi Martin-

My Transport is visible in the lower zone, yet still shows this buggy behavior.
Regards-
Eric

Cubase Pro (latest) • Mac OS 10.14.6 • 3.46 Ghz “Westmere” 12 core • 128 Gb RAM • MOTU PCI-424 • MOTU MTP-AV-USB • VEP (latest)

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu May 02, 2019 11:36 pm

ecolvin wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:18 pm
Hi Martin-

Hi,

Could you be more precise, please? Aha happens when you press Shift+P? Does the dedicated Transport Location window appear?
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

ecolvin

Post by ecolvin » Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 am

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:36 pm
ecolvin wrote:
Hi Martin-

Hi,

Could you be more precise, please? Aha happens when you press Shift+P? Does the dedicated Transport Location window appear?
If any window other than the Project window is foreground, my key command will make the Transport Location window appear. After numerically typing a location value I have to hit ENTER twice before that window goes away. Pre-Cubase 10, that window never appeared upon striking my key command.

If the project window is foreground, my key command appropriately highlights the bar field within the Transport Location "strip" nested at the bottom of the project window. Hope this makes sense.
Regards-
Eric

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri May 03, 2019 8:54 am

Hi,
ecolvin wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 am
If any window other than the Project window is foreground, my key command will make the Transport Location window appear.
You are right, sorry.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

operator_tank

Post by operator_tank » Thu May 09, 2019 4:22 am

+1 - that's exactly what happens here as well. Just to confirm.

ecolvin wrote:
If any window other than the Project window is foreground, my key command will make the Transport Location window appear. After numerically typing a location value I have to hit ENTER twice before that window goes away. Pre-Cubase 10, that window never appeared upon striking my key command.

If the project window is foreground, my key command appropriately highlights the bar field within the Transport Location "strip" nested at the bottom of the project window. Hope this makes sense.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 am

Hi,

I reported it to Steinberg.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

ecolvin

Post by ecolvin » Thu May 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 am
Hi,

Thank you Martin!
Regards-
Eric

operator_tank

Post by operator_tank » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 pm

@ Martin: this issue is still present in 10.0.40. I wonder if this gets addressed anytime soon? This is really slowing workflow significantly.
Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 am
Hi,

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi,

I'm with you, I also wish for a fix.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

operator_tank

Post by operator_tank » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:58 am

And still issue still has not been address in 10.5.0. We can't be the only ones complaining about this....

mbergsma

Post by mbergsma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:12 am

Any news on if we're ever getting a fix to this???

jcbfoos

Post by jcbfoos » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:10 pm

There are multiple threads about this. Steinberg has not fixed it to my knowledge yet. This is such a simple thing that worked fine in Cubase 9.5 and now in Cubase 10 it's really annoying. Please please please please please fix.
Mac OSX 10.14.x - Cubase 10.0.x - MOTU 1248 - Insane PC running VEP - lots of plugs and libraries...

Return to “Issues”