Is it safe to Remove Older Versions?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
oblio98

Is it safe to Remove Older Versions?

Post by oblio98 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 pm

Hello,

I just ugraded from 9.5 to 10, but I also have 9, 8.5, 8, and 7 still appearing in my Windows Control Panel add/remove programs. Is it safe to remove those older versions without messing up my active version?

I would have thought that with the Licenser and all, the install of a new version would remove the older version and its files from the PC.

Thanks

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Re: Is it safe to Remove Older Versions?

Post by jaslan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:31 pm

You can still run those older versions with the C10 license. You can safely remove them (uninstall them) if you don't plan to use them. Some people like to keep older versions installed just in case they run into a problem with projects saved on older versions loading in the new version BUT you shouldn't have any problems there. It would be a good idea to check your old projects by loading them in C10 and making sure they are loading and working properly first and then save them as a new version in C10.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

oblio98

Post by oblio98 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:03 pm

jaslan wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:31 pm
You can still run those older versions with the C10 license. You can safely remove them (uninstall them) if you don't plan to use them. Some people like to keep older versions installed just in case they run into a problem with projects saved on older versions loading in the new version BUT you shouldn't have any problems there. It would be a good idea to check your old projects by loading them in C10 and making sure they are loading and working properly first and then save them as a new version in C10.
Thanks! I never realized that the older versions would work with the current version key. I will definitely keep 9.5 at least on the machine.

Thanks again

deluther

Post by deluther » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:26 am

jaslan wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:31 pm
I'm wanting to load all of my projects from Elements 7 into Elements 10. Could you please tell me the steps necessary to do that? Thank you for your time.

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 am

deluther wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:26 am
I'm wanting to load all of my projects from Elements 7 into Elements 10. Could you please tell me the steps necessary to do that? Thank you for your time.
File -> open

deluther

Post by deluther » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:15 am

svennilenni wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 am
deluther wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:26 am
File -> open
Thank you very much svennilenni! I really do appreciate your help!

Return to “General”