GUI issue with Vienna Ensemble Pro

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
dburton55

GUI issue with Vienna Ensemble Pro

Post by dburton55 »

I haven't had much time to try Cubase 10, but the only annoyance so far is that when trying to open any of the 64-bit Vienna Ensemble Pro plug-ins, I get a blank white space below the header (where the "connect" control would normally be). The created thumbnail is the same. This makes it impossible to establish a connection with VE Pro server locally or on another machine. As I recall, the 64-bit instances of VE Pro are VST2. No other VST instruments are affected like this. This appears to be a GUI issue only as a project created in 9.5 opened in 10 shows the white space but the actual connection is intact.

Anybody else experiencing this and is there a known fix?

Posting this on the Cubase forum and on VI Control for broadest exposure.

workinstiff

Re: GUI issue with Vienna Ensemble Pro

Post by workinstiff »

I've got the same problem. Don't know of any fix. Back to 9.5 for now.
Save that take, and let's do it again

workinstiff

Post by workinstiff »

Just read another post. Seems many plug-ins have same problem. If you click on the arrow on the right of the GUI and un-click "always on top", the GUI appears.
Save that take, and let's do it again

T-bag

Post by T-bag »

I don't have this problem & all seems well with VE Pro for me. Adding some system information to your post might help narrow things down a bit.
Windows 10 64 bit; 64GB Ram; Intel i7 8700; VEP Slave i9 64gb ram; Graphics-twin monitor;
Hardware: Motif XF7; Emu Esynth; MPK249; XV5080; MOTU 828mk3 & 2408; Komplete Kontrol S49
Plug Ins - Mach Five-3; Kontakt V; Best Service Engine; Omnisphere; Lemur & Metagrid controllers; Cubase User since 1993.

dburton55

Post by dburton55 »

Windows 10; 32 GB RAM; Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6 GHz. VE Pro 6. This problem didn't happen in 9.5 (which I still have installed). Using onboard graphics on Asus Z97 MB.

dburton55

Re: GUI issue with Vienna Ensemble Pro - SOLVED (for now)

Post by dburton55 »

workinstiff wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:32 pm
Just read another post. Seems many plug-ins have same problem. If you click on the arrow on the right of the GUI and un-click "always on top", the GUI appears.
This worked - thanks.

Return to “Issues”