Virtual outputs to enable Quadro

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
JulesOnSteinberg

Virtual outputs to enable Quadro

Post by JulesOnSteinberg » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi,

I've moved from a desktop to a laptop. On the desktop, I used to implement side-chaining using the Quadro output method. This was possible because I have an SW1000XG card with 6 pairs of outputs.

Now, it's possible to do by simply enabling side chain for a compressor but I'd still like to be able to implement the Quadro method, for comparison, whilst changing over. My laptop only has 2 outputs so I'm wondering if there's a driver that can create 4 virtual outputs that will mix down the 4 into the physical 2 outputs?

I've googled but can't find anything - probably down to me not knowing the proper terminology.

Cheers,
Jules
Windows 10 64 bit
Cubase Elements 9

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Re: Virtual outputs to enable Quadro

Post by Grim » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Have you tried just doing it....I thought you could use the Quadro group channel regardless of actual physical outs?
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

JulesOnSteinberg

Re: Virtual outputs to enable Quadro

Post by JulesOnSteinberg » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:50 am

Grim wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 pm
Have you tried just doing it....I thought you could use the Quadro group channel regardless of actual physical outs?
I didn't realise that - i'll give it a go this evening.
Windows 10 64 bit
Cubase Elements 9

Return to “General”