Cubase AI 9 vs Elements feature list?

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
GregRband

Cubase AI 9 vs Elements feature list?

Post by GregRband »

Hey Y'all,

I currently have Cubase AI 9 and saw there is an upgrade option to Elements 9.
Is there a feature list comparison/spec sheet to see what the upgrade affords you?
For that matter, I'd love to see the same for just my AI 9 too!
Would be great if the comparison list for Pro/Artist/Elements included AI column so hardware owners could see where they are at and what upgrade path looks like by added features.....

GiovanniB

Re: Cubase AI 9 vs Elements feature list?

Post by GiovanniB »

AI: Supports up to 48 MIDI, 16 instrument, 32 audio tracks, 8 group channels, 16 physical inputs, 28 effects, 2 instruments included.

Elements: 64 midi, 24 instrument, 48 audio tracks, 16 group channels, 24 physical inputs, 40 effects, 3 instruments included.

GregRband

Post by GregRband »

Thanks so much! That helps for sure.

GregRband

Post by GregRband »

Besides those general specs, does AI v9 have all the new features of Elements v9? GUI, tool sets, mixer options, editing options, routing, Mastering, export, etc?
Or, in other words, same minus the edition limitations listed above (tracks, instruments, busses, etc) ?
Wondering if there is other subtle differences too....

GregRband

Post by GregRband »

GiovanniB wrote:AI: Supports up to 48 MIDI, 16 instrument, 32 audio tracks, 8 group channels, 16 physical inputs, 28 effects, 2 instruments included.

Elements: 64 midi, 24 instrument, 48 audio tracks, 16 group channels, 24 physical inputs, 40 effects, 3 instruments included.
Where did you find those numbers? I've had no luck in my searches for them.

GregRband

Post by GregRband »

Update: Unless someone pipes in here to point out something different, It appears to me that Artist 9 would be a much more substantial gain for an update than Elements 9 from AI 9. Unless working on a project that only needs more inputs, busses, etc.

GiovanniB

Post by GiovanniB »

GregRband wrote:Update: Unless someone pipes in here to point out something different, It appears to me that Artist 9 would be a much more substantial gain for an update than Elements 9 from AI 9. Unless working on a project that only needs more inputs, busses, etc.
Yeah, AI and Elements have pretty much the same features except for the number of tracks/project and the amount of effects included. You need to jump to Artist to start seeing more advanced functions.

Steinberg's page about AI:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/s ... se_ai.html

And the comparison between Elements, Artist and Pro:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/c ... rison.html

GregRband

Post by GregRband »

GiovanniB wrote:
GregRband wrote:Update: Unless someone pipes in here to point out something different, It appears to me that Artist 9 would be a much more substantial gain for an update than Elements 9 from AI 9. Unless working on a project that only needs more inputs, busses, etc.
Yeah, AI and Elements have pretty much the same feautures except for the number of tracks/project and the amount of effects included. You need to jump to Artist to start seeing more advanced functions.

Steinberg's page about AI:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/s ... se_ai.html

And the comparison between Elements, Artist and Pro:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/c ... rison.html
Thanks again Giovanni! I really appreciate you replying back with info and the links too!
I think I agree with your view on that. If going to upgrade when needed, wait a little longer for funds and do Artist!
Cool name btw, Italian right?
Loving my new AI 9'for now anyway! Was just curious. I'll go check out those links now.
Cheers!

GregRband

Post by GregRband »

Cool info page on AI 9. I hadn't seen that page yet! Thanks again!

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”