Cubase 9 Pro Sampler Control Crashing

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
blendproduction247

Cubase 9 Pro Sampler Control Crashing

Post by blendproduction247 »

Hi all Cubase Users,

This is my first Cubase post i just got Cubase 9 Pro fresh installed windows 7 Ultimate Legit.
So finnaly got everything installed and thought lets give the sampler a try.
When i drop a sample into the sampler control it crashes and gives me the following popup error message.
This is not making me a happy cubase user i payed allot for this peace of software so please fixed this Steinberg!!!
Attachments
Cubase sample control error.jpg
(52.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet

blendproduction247

Re: Cubase 9 Pro Sampler Control Crashing

Post by blendproduction247 »

I reinstalled windows 7 then the sampler control drag drop whas working.But track control settings hidden and visible controls text whas not showing. I fixed the problem after looking via google i found someone with the same problem..What he did was rename the Cubase 9_64 folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg.Then Cubase will automaticly remake the Cubase 9_64 folder you renamed to for example Cubase 9.Cubase will rebuild the Cubase 9_64 folder after that you can remove the renamed folder.Everything working fine now for the rest loving Cubase so far it's getting better and better...

KurtOzz

Post by KurtOzz »

Thank you man, you made my day !!
Cubase Pro 9.5
Intel Core i7-3770S 3.10GHz
16 GB RAM
GTX 1060
http://www.glorypierre.com

1234Five

Post by 1234Five »

Worked for me - renaming the Cubase 9_64 folder solved the problem!
made my day as well, thanks

Daemonical

Post by Daemonical »

What he did was rename the Cubase 9_64 folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg.Then Cubase will automaticly remake the Cubase 9_64 folder you renamed to for example Cubase 9.Cubase will rebuild the Cubase 9_64 folder after that you can remove the renamed folder.
Been struggling with this problem for a few days now and the solution above worked... for a little while, then the same problem occurred again with Cubase 9 Pro crashing as soon as you try to import a audio file (only tried WAV so far though I read MP3 causes the same errors) in to the sampler.

Renaming the folder mentioned above and having Cubase recreate it also deleted a bunch of plugins that I had to manually look up again and activate, which was quite frustrating at first, so I don't feel like trying the "rename folder" solution again since it reversed into the original errors shortly after doing so.

I have emailed Steinberg about this since the 'net doesn't really give me any answers as to why this problem is happening. We'll see if they reply, I guess.

If anyone of you guys find a solution to this malfunction, please share the information coz the sampler is definitely one of the reasons I upgraded from Cubase 6, so it'd be nice to actually be able to use it.

Cheers!

Return to “Issues”