ALL My Macros here ( updated post ) -filling space

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
wavetuner

ALL My Macros here ( updated post ) -filling space

Post by wavetuner » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:28 am

Welcome to you all steinberg user this is my first post

Is about how to make triming automation line hope this will help . Please Don't bather about language if you don't understand just follow the steps.

We want to in creases our creativity as steinberg always advice

In macro creations there are several way to get the idea

https://youtu.be/lSMuJYsTvTg

and this is my currant way
Last edited by wavetuner on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:23 am, edited 6 times in total.

Pablo1980

Re: My first post - macro - Automation trimming line

Post by Pablo1980 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:57 pm

I did it and it works perfectly! (using the video instructions).

One thing to notice, remember to close the logical editor beacuse if you have it open it doesn´t apply the preset, only selects it.

thanks!

you should tell us more about your other macros!
Film Composer - Argentina

Intel 3930k - Gigabyte x79s-up5 wifi - 32gb ram - Motu 24ao - Steinberg MR816x (2)
Windows 10 64bit - Cubase 10 Pro - Vepro 6

wavetuner

Post by wavetuner » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Yes totally u r right .

But in this macro see attached pictures my other way it dos not use logical editor . I recommend that better

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Thank u The last one works perfectly.
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 4x SSD / Win 10 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 9.5 x64 / VEP6 / D-Touch Cubase / Console 1 / CMC Controllers / iPad 2&3 Lemur / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 /

wavetuner

MACRO # 2 Fast recording to next track

Post by wavetuner » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:49 am

https://youtu.be/saMIxim6Z-c

Fast record to next track . This macro is useful and powerful if you want to record several takes in loop way but into several tracks . Just watch the video and follow the macro steps. Please feel free to put your feedback here

wavetuner

Fast moving clips up and down

Post by wavetuner » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:30 pm

https://youtu.be/buHxO9V943I

with rang tool sellection make this macro

Moving up
1 cut
2 up
3 paste

Moving down
1cut
2 down
3 paste

I used key comment as alt + shift ( pageup and page down )

Pablo1980

Re: ALL My Macros here ( updated post ) - moving clip up and

Post by Pablo1980 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Another useful one, y tried paste at origin instead of paste so it doesn't use the position of the cursor.

Keep them coming!

Intel 3930k - Gigabyte x79s-up5 wifi - 32gb ram - Motu 24ao - Steinberg MR816x (2)

wavetuner

Post by wavetuner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:40 am

Pablo1980 wrote:Another useful one, y tried paste at origin instead of paste so it doesn't use the position of the cursor.

Keep them coming!

I think you're idea is better. But if you have seen the video it doesn't use the position of cursor .i will try that and see which will be more effective .

Thanks dear

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Don´t need to thank! you are doing a great job for this community

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:46 am

Thanks for posting these! I wonder if there's a way to make the Move Clip Up and Down work with the selection (arrow) tool as well, so you can select full events easily and move them that way?
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, High Sierra 10.13.4 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

wavetuner

Post by wavetuner » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:59 am

In_Stereo wrote:Thanks for posting these! I wonder if there's a way to make the Move Clip Up and Down work with the selection (arrow) tool as well, so you can select full events easily and move them that way?
EMMM. I tried that one at the first but it mostly will use cursor position which i don't want . Mabey you see that it is usful with cutting also .

The exiting thing is when you built your idea and you challenge yourself to get it . so i will go back for that one you asked about

Thanx for your response

wavetuner

Post by wavetuner » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:01 pm

after i tried last posted macro with sellection tools now it works with both sellection tool and range tool with both functionality . With sellection tool freely you can move up and down with range tool you will have cut ability also

Make this macro for moving down

1 locate sellection start
2 cut
3 navigate - down
4 paste

Make this macro for moving up

2 cut
3 navigate - up
4 paste

wavetuner

Re: ALL My Macros here ( updated post ) - Replace rendered c

Post by wavetuner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:07 pm

https://youtu.be/27IO3N-fzm4

It is clear in video that using this macro you can replace the clip you want . In some cases maybe you want to correct some portion and you will go back to midi track and just you will render taht without opening new track .

1 render in place
2 select none
3 select all on track
4 locate selection start
5 cut
6 navigate - down
7 paste
8 select none
9 Navicate -down
10 remove empty track

Be careful about last step (10)you can ignore it or be sure you don't have empty track you need it

Please share me your feed back

wavetuner

Re: ALL My Macros here ( updated post ) -Replace renderd cli

Post by wavetuner » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:52 am

sadly i say that i have to stop writing in this topic .it seems that it is not your interest.

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:06 pm

I have been following this, haven't tried the last one but I will

Please keep it up!

beanstalk40

Post by beanstalk40 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Yes... please continue... very helpful...

Thanks
Machine 1 - WIN 7 x64, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Intel Core i7 4790k, Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H, 16GB RAM, EMU 1820M

Machine 2 (laptop) - WIN 8.1 x64, Cubase 9.5 Pro, HP Envy J111TX, Core i7 4700MQ, 8GB RAM, Audient ID4

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:21 pm

wavetuner wrote:after i tried last posted macro with sellection tools now it works with both sellection tool and range tool with both functionality . With sellection tool freely you can move up and down with range tool you will have cut ability also

2 cut
3 navigate - down
4 paste

2 cut
3 navigate - up
4 paste

This is great! With the arrow tool it doesn't work with objects that are split, though, on any part of the split except the very last split section (for example: split a cue into two and it will only work on the last-most clip of the two). I'm going to see if I can find a way to fix that, and will post it if I do. Thanks again!
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, High Sierra 10.13.4 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

wavetuner

Post by wavetuner » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 pm

In_Stereo wrote:
wavetuner wrote:after i tried last posted macro with sellection tools now it works with both sellection tool and range tool with both functionality . With sellection tool freely you can move up and down with range tool you will have cut ability also

2 cut
3 navigate - down
4 paste

2 cut
3 navigate - up
4 paste

This is great! With the arrow tool it doesn't work with objects that are split, though, on any part of the split except the very last split section (for example: split a cue into two and it will only work on the last-most clip of the two). I'm going to see if I can find a way to fix that, and will post it if I do. Thanks again!

Sorry i didn't get what you meant. Because this macro is not for splitting the clip.yes when you use range tool will helps you to split but the main idea is to move clip up and down

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 am

wavetuner wrote:
In_Stereo wrote:

2 cut
3 navigate - down
4 paste

2 cut
3 navigate - up
4 paste

Sorry i didn't get what you meant. Because this macro is not for splitting the clip.yes when you use range tool will helps you to split but the main idea is to move clip up and down

Yes, I understand -- it works great moving the clip up and down. Sorry, I should have been more clear: When you're using the arrow tool and you have a track that has a bunch of different events on it, it only works when you have the very last event selected, for some reason - it does not work on any other events on that track except for the last one. It has nothing to do with splitting the event, I just meant that this happens when you have more than one event on a track and you're using the arrow tool to select the events to move up or down. I can't figure out why it happens! I'm trying to solve it but I can't so far. If you have any ideas, please share!

wavetuner

Post by wavetuner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Now i get what you meant . I tried that but the thing that I noticed is to keep (use up/down navigation for selecting track only ) in this case i find that it was working very well. Thanx for you feed back it was really nice and helpful.

wavetuner

Re: ALL My Macros here ( updated post ) - filling space

Post by wavetuner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:21 am

https://youtu.be/fSBtrTbNPBQ

As you will see in video. this macro will fill the space between 2 clips by the copied clip you want to

Please try it and give me your feedback in order to improve it

Copy the clip or clips you want then apply
Macro steps

1 locate selection end
2 set left locator to project cursor position
3 right
4 locate selection start
5 set right locator to project cursor position
6 fill loop
7 select none

Your feedback is important

Pablo1980

Re: ALL My Macros here ( updated post ) -filling space

Post by Pablo1980 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:37 pm

I will check it out on monday, it seems useful!

SoSt

Post by SoSt » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:04 pm

2 cut
3 navigate - down
4 paste

2 cut
3 navigate - up
4 paste

Hello wavetuner

Thanks for the Great ideas! Really useful

One thing that I would like to point out is that you don't really need a macro for the object selection method. There are two specific commands for the up and down clip placement. You can find them both in "key commands" under "Nudge" menu which are: "Up" and "down" commands.

Although these are already implemented, it shows that you can go far beyond Cubase capabilities with those powerful and creative tools.

wavetuner

Post by wavetuner » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:34 pm

SoSt wrote:

2 cut
3 navigate - down
4 paste

2 cut
3 navigate - up
4 paste

Hello wavetuner

Thanks for the Great ideas! Really useful

One thing that I would like to point out is that you don't really need a macro for the object selection method. There are two specific commands for the up and down clip placement. You can find them both in "key commands" under "Nudge" menu which are: "Up" and "down" commands.

Although these are already implemented, it shows that you can go far beyond Cubase capabilities with those powerful and creative tools.

Yes . Thanx dear .Actually it happen to me some times .when i created macro for some ideas that i need then i found that it is there . anyhow we need to go far with this creative tools

trashdinner

Post by trashdinner » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:35 am

wavetuner wrote:Yes totally u r right .

But in this macro see attached pictures my other way it dos not use logical editor . I recommend that better
Hi Ali,

Thank you so much for your contribution!
I can't find the attached picture and I would really like to do the trim macro without the project logical editor.
Thanks!

Return to “General”