Access variaudio (and others) in bottom editor window?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
popnick83

Access variaudio (and others) in bottom editor window?

Post by popnick83 »

Do I have to detach the editor window in order to get the left zone that has all the crucial stuff like variaudio, audiowarp and hit points, etc? Seems like a huge missed opportunity. Makes the bottom zone editor window pretty much useless. If I'm missing something, please point it out!

M1000

Re: Access variaudio (and others) in bottom editor window?

Post by M1000 »

You can access Variaudio etc. via the Inspector when you're in the bottom zone editor.
Cubase Pro 10.0.60 / Ableton Live 10.1.13 / Win 10 Home 64 1909 / AMD Ryzen 1700 / Asus Prime B350-Plus / 32 GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / Steinberg UR242 / Novation 49SL MKII

alexis
Grand Senior Member

Post by alexis »

M1000 wrote:You can access Variaudio etc. via the Inspector when you're in the bottom zone editor.

That's a huge win, for lining things up with the project events!
Alexis

-Cubase "Safe Start Mode" (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT)
-Get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here,
-Replacing freely-timed section into a variable tempo project

Cubase 9.0.20; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W10 Pro 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo; Jamstix 3.6; RevoicePro3.3; EZDrummer 2

popnick83

Post by popnick83 »

How do I get the inspector window to show up down there?

popnick83

Post by popnick83 »

OK I see now - I have to hit "editor" on the left inspector tab. This makes the information pop up way on the top left of my screen, though (I have a 4 screen setup with the arranger window occupying the left two screens vertically)... Kinda takes away the point of focusing on the bottom zone for editing.

djembe

Post by djembe »

Can anyone suggest how to make a shortcut to Variaudio? In previous versions I could just double click on the part and go straight to it. Now if the bottom zone is not open I have at least 3 clicks.

Lasso

Post by Lasso »

agreed- we need faster access to Variaudio on the lower pane. It slows down the workflow which is otherwise enhanced by having it the lower pane - which is super cool.

Also - it seems to "forget" that Variaudio is enabled . like you work in some tuning, exit the editor to do something else, return and now have to press the variaudio tag again.
2015 MBP Retina @ 2,8 gHz, High Sierra, Cubase Pro 10, WaveLab Pro 9, UAD Apollo Twin, UAD Apollo Satellite Quad TB

Sonik

Post by Sonik »

It's a bug.

I don't know if it's reported yet..
Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 5|Protools 2020.5|Cubase Pro 10.5.20|Wavelab 10.0.40|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (24 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete12 Ultimate|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 3|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum|ANA2|Korg Collection 2
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|Sonnox|Eventide|Oeksound

djembe

Post by djembe »

From Steinberg on another forum - shortcut to variaudio:
"Cubase > Preferences > Editors > There you can select if by double clicking the event it will open on a new Window or on the lower zone editor, you can also do the same thing for the key command."

Return to “General”