Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
Post Reply
User avatar
djangodeadman
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by djangodeadman » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:49 pm

A new customer Steinberg customer can purchase the Mixing and Mastering Suite at a discount of around £200 over the cost of purchasing both Cubase Pro and Wabvelab Pro. As an existing Cubase Pro user with an interest in moving from using Sound Forge to Wavelab, there is no possible discount.

Is there any chance that this could change in the future?
SCAN PC Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz Quad Core 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM UAD Apollo X 8P Midex 8

User avatar
silhouette
Senior Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by silhouette » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Personally I would stick with Soundforge. If you know your way around it and have the latest version I can't see that Wavelab offers enough to offset the extra cost.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

User avatar
djangodeadman
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by djangodeadman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:51 am

silhouette wrote:Personally I would stick with Soundforge. If you know your way around it and have the latest version I can't see that Wavelab offers enough to offset the extra cost.
And that's always been my rationale for not making the switch. However, I'm not on the latest version of Sound Forge, since the upgrade from version 10 to 11 didn't seem to offer me anything that justified the cost. Since Sony sold Sound Forge to Magix there no longer seems to be an upgrade path, so any future upgrade I decided to make would come at full cost anyway. There is also the question of whether or not Magix will decide to further develop Sound Forge.

All in all, this seems like a good time to consider the switch and, as a long term registered user of Cubase, it would be nice if a similar deal to the one available to new customers was available to me, which is why I asked the question.
SCAN PC Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz Quad Core 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM UAD Apollo X 8P Midex 8

User avatar
silhouette
Senior Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by silhouette » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:39 am

djangodeadman wrote:
silhouette wrote:Personally I would stick with Soundforge. If you know your way around it and have the latest version I can't see that Wavelab offers enough to offset the extra cost.
And that's always been my rationale for not making the switch. However, I'm not on the latest version of Sound Forge, since the upgrade from version 10 to 11 didn't seem to offer me anything that justified the cost. Since Sony sold Sound Forge to Magix there no longer seems to be an upgrade path, so any future upgrade I decided to make would come at full cost anyway. There is also the question of whether or not Magix will decide to further develop Sound Forge.

All in all, this seems like a good time to consider the switch and, as a long term registered user of Cubase, it would be nice if a similar deal to the one available to new customers was available to me, which is why I asked the question.
That is not good news and certainly illuminates your dilemma. Actually I now share the problem with you.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

User avatar
djangodeadman
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by djangodeadman » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:09 pm

silhouette wrote:
djangodeadman wrote:
silhouette wrote:Personally I would stick with Soundforge. If you know your way around it and have the latest version I can't see that Wavelab offers enough to offset the extra cost.
And that's always been my rationale for not making the switch. However, I'm not on the latest version of Sound Forge, since the upgrade from version 10 to 11 didn't seem to offer me anything that justified the cost. Since Sony sold Sound Forge to Magix there no longer seems to be an upgrade path, so any future upgrade I decided to make would come at full cost anyway. There is also the question of whether or not Magix will decide to further develop Sound Forge.

All in all, this seems like a good time to consider the switch and, as a long term registered user of Cubase, it would be nice if a similar deal to the one available to new customers was available to me, which is why I asked the question.
That is not good news and certainly illuminates your dilemma. Actually I now share the problem with you.
I'm not in a particular hurry, but may have to bite the bullet at some point. Some kind of crossgrade deal would be appreciated!
SCAN PC Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz Quad Core 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM UAD Apollo X 8P Midex 8

User avatar
silhouette
Senior Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by silhouette » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:44 pm

I don't know whether this helps, but I have just spoken to technical support/customer liaison and they say that if you have the Sony registered product you will need to re-register. The details of upgrades are then supplied in the newsletters. I hope that works out!
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

User avatar
djangodeadman
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by djangodeadman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Nice of them to let us know.
Thanks for the information, though.
SCAN PC Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz Quad Core 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM UAD Apollo X 8P Midex 8

User avatar
silhouette
Senior Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by silhouette » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Actually as an update I have found that the support site seems to be broken and the Sony serial number does not mean anything. I have posted on Facebook and will see if anything develops.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

User avatar
djangodeadman
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by djangodeadman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:11 pm

Yes, I had a similar experience. Have sent a message to the support people. Wavelab is looking very tempting, if expensive.
SCAN PC Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz Quad Core 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM UAD Apollo X 8P Midex 8

User avatar
thermionic
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by thermionic » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:26 pm

I have had a reply from Magix about support/upgrade options for Sound Forge 10 Pro, here's the reply -
"We will immegrate the products in our database during the next weeks. Also you get an upgade offer to the version vegas pro 14 during the next weeks."
That last bit is a surprise as I'm not a Vegas user.

User avatar
djangodeadman
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by djangodeadman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:30 am

thermionic wrote:I have had a reply from Magix about support/upgrade options for Sound Forge 10 Pro, here's the reply -
"We will immegrate the products in our database during the next weeks. Also you get an upgade offer to the version vegas pro 14 during the next weeks."
That last bit is a surprise as I'm not a Vegas user.
This is not encouraging. They use a word which doesn't exist (immegrate) and give you an offer to upgrade to the newest version of a piece of software that you don't use.
SCAN PC Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz Quad Core 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM UAD Apollo X 8P Midex 8

zstojkov
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 12:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by zstojkov » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:31 am

Even more, why existing Cubase owners cannot buy Wavelab pro with discount prices?
Cubase Pro 9.5 , Absolute 3

Puma0382
Senior Member
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by Puma0382 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:45 am

zstojkov wrote:Even more, why existing Cubase owners cannot buy Wavelab pro with discount prices?
Because its like asking if you can have a discount on Photoshop, as you've already bought Premiere (before all this horrible subscription nonsense). Wasn't going to happen.

Software instruments/plugins, yes, it happens. But not main applications, of different purpose (unless maybe you are buying a dozen or more at once..! :) )
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.0.30, WaveLab Pro v9.5.50, Studio One v4.5.2, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

User avatar
djangodeadman
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by djangodeadman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:41 am

Puma0382 wrote:
zstojkov wrote:Even more, why existing Cubase owners cannot buy Wavelab pro with discount prices?
Because its like asking if you can have a discount on Photoshop, as you've already bought Premiere (before all this horrible subscription nonsense). Wasn't going to happen.

Software instruments/plugins, yes, it happens. But not main applications, of different purpose (unless maybe you are buying a dozen or more at once..! :) )
Except that, by buying the Mixing and Mastering Suite, new customers can, for a limited time, get a large discount on both Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro. Existing loyal customers of either Cubase Pro or Wavelab Pro cannot get a similar discount to purchase the other software. It might be nice if that were possible, even if only for a limited period.

Also, since things may be a bit uncertain regarding the future of Sound Forge, this might be a good time for Steinberg to offer a competitive crossgrade to Wavelab, thereby gaining some new customers.
SCAN PC Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz Quad Core 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM UAD Apollo X 8P Midex 8

User avatar
silhouette
Senior Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by silhouette » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:33 am

This might be interesting for any Sony Soundforge users:

https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/vegas/upgrade

I have not tried it yet as I am away from home and don't have my Soundforge license number.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

User avatar
thermionic
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by thermionic » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:25 am

Thanks for the heads up silhouette, I went for the upgrade as it's significantly cheaper than the upgrade price offered by Sony. I'm surprised that Magix hadn't contacted me about this, it all seems a bit chaotic at the moment. :x

User avatar
silhouette
Senior Member
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by silhouette » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:53 pm

I communicated with Magix on Facebook. I was completely unable to use support as you had to register a Magix serial, which of course Sony users do not have.Go figure!
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

User avatar
thermionic
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Mixing and Mastering Suite

Post by thermionic » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:29 pm

I believe MAGIX have all the serial numbers from Sony but they want your £118!

Post Reply

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests