[SOLVED] VST Performer version check crashes on Windows 10

All topics on the VST Connect products and Studio Pass
MrSoundman

[SOLVED] VST Performer version check crashes on Windows 10

Post by MrSoundman »

In VST Performer, to check the version you click on the words "VST CONNECT PERFORMER" in the bottom right-hand corner.

I've had a number of cases where, following a new install on Windows 10 even with the latest version 4.0.43.320, the first click briefly flashes the version information, but the second click causes the application to simply disappear; earlier versions just disappeared with a single click.

Having the same version at both ends is advisable, but trying to check the version of the performer crashes the application.
Last edited by MrSoundman on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.10 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Lee Batchelor

Re: VST Performer version check crashes on Windows 10

Post by Lee Batchelor »

Not surprised. I just tried using the program with a musician buddy and we couldn't get past square one. I'd be delighted to see some decent explanation as to how the thing works. Like all things Steinberg, unless you're a sound engineer, they could care less. Give us some decent documentation we can ALL understand, not just the pros!!!!!!!!!!
Windows 10 Home / Acer 3.6 GHz / Quad 64 bit / 1 TB SSD, 48 GB RAM
Yamaha Genos / HS8 monitors / Cubase 10.5.2 Pro / UR44 interface

dr

Post by dr »

Lee Batchelor wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 2:53 am
Not surprised. I just tried using the program with a musician buddy and we couldn't get past square one. I'd be delighted to see some decent explanation as to how the thing works. Like all things Steinberg, unless you're a sound engineer, they could care less. Give us some decent documentation we can ALL understand, not just the pros!!!!!!!!!!
hi Lee

instead of just posting to complain why not post a thread asking some questions about how to use it and any problems you are having ? - then people will help out

musicullum

Post by musicullum »

musi

musicullum

Post by musicullum »

MrSoundman wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:21 am
In VST Performer, to check the version you click on the words "VST CONNECT PERFORMER" in the bottom right-hand corner.

I've had a number of cases where, following a new install on Windows 10 even with the latest version 4.0.43.320, the first click briefly flashes the version information, but the second click causes the application to simply disappear; earlier versions just disappeared with a single click.

Having the same version at both ends is advisable, but trying to check the version of the performer crashes the application.
Had you been connected? Or did anything else after starting Performer? Can't reproduce this.
musi

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

musicullum wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:01 am
Had you been connected? Or did anything else after starting Performer? Can't reproduce this.
No, I just start Performer and click twice on the words "VST Connect Performer". I have a Windows 10 laptop here with which I can reproduce this every time. I'll see if I can get a second laptop to try it out.

[UPDATE:] Tried it on a second Windows 10 laptop, same thing, 100% reproducible. After starting Performer, do nothing except click once, then a second time on the words "VST CONNECT PERFORMER". If I first click on something else (e.g. the mixer view or setup) then the crash does not happen. Not a major issue, but does not build confidence with the performer :oops:
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.10 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

musicullum

Post by musicullum »

I cannot reproduce this on two different Win 10 machines.
But we're on 4.0.44 already which is scheduled for publication soon, give that one a try then. We did fix some UI crash which might be related.
musi

Spork

Post by Spork »

Hi MrSoundman,

we've found the problem and fixed it. The fix will be available with the next version : 4.0.44

Thank you for reporting,
Have a nice day,
Michael.
Michael Spork, Developer
Hamburg, Germany

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

Yay! :D

MrSoundman

Re: [SOLVED] VST Performer version check crashes on Windows 10

Post by MrSoundman »

I can confirm that this is now fixed in 4.0.44 in all cases I have tested. Well done!

Return to “VST Connect”