Welcome SpectraLayers!

Post questions and find answers on SpectraLayers 6 releases here.
Luis Dongo

Welcome SpectraLayers!

Post by Luis Dongo »

Dear Forum Members,

we are very pleased to welcome a new member to the Steinberg product family: SpectraLayers Pro 6.

SpectraLayers is a new approach to audio editing, with new concepts to transform the way you work. For the first time you can directly edit spectral data, opening advanced sonic worlds, and use innovative enhancements to traditional techniques. Visualize audio in astonishing new ways — including 3D, work with mixes as if they were tracks and integrate all of these abilities into your DAW and other tools.

Some of the key features in SpectraLayers are:

• Surgical and intuitive spectral editing with 25 real-time tools
• Advanced Selection Engine
• Selection-based effects
• The only visual transformation system for sound
• Tracks, Regions and Clips separated as Layers
• ARA 2 and AAX compatibility
• Integration of other audio editors, such as WaveLab or iZotope RX
• 12 remappable surround channels
• 2D and 3D visualization of the Spectrogram
• Native restoration effects, spectral noise reduction and reverb removal

And to welcome SpectraLayers into the Steinberg family, we are offering an introduction discount of 50% to all our customers until August 31, 2019.

Visit the SpectraLayers product page to find out more about this amazing audio editor and everything you can do with it.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

scarlatino

Re: Welcome SpectraLayers!

Post by scarlatino »

Hi! Can I upgrade from SpectraLayers Pro 5 Academic Site license 100+ (ANR008198EDUL2) to Pro 6?

Luis Dongo

Post by Luis Dongo »

Hi scarlatino,

yes you can. See here .

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

scarlatino

Post by scarlatino »

Thank you!

uarte

Post by uarte »

Congrats on the launch! SpectraLayers is an awesome tool, and I'm happy to see it join the Steinberg family!

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

what is it good for? saw the videos,but only talking and showing nice colored screens and tools.have no idea from the vids for what is good for in practice.and no one example in real situations with audio.hope more videos are gonna show in what situations it is used and how it solve it.
anyway congrats with the new product 8-)
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

:D Best news this year so far! So thrilled to see SpectraLayers get a new home and some Steinberg love. Well done!
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.10 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

uarte

Post by uarte »

mozizo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:53 pm
what is it good for?
Anything and everything having to do with spectral manipulation. Honestly, people are still figuring out what new things they can do with those tools and how SL fits into their workflow. It's Photoshop for sound.

But in a nutshell -- tons of tools related to restoration, cleaning, retouching, repairing, analysis, noise reduction, manipulation, creative sound design, forensics, effects applied to a spectral selection, audio cloning, audio transformation, alignment, harmonic and transient selection and manipulation, spectral amplification, and even spectral note-taking. And who knows what you can do musically with this yet. And it works well with Cubase/Nuendo/WaveLab.

They really need a demo though so folks can try it out. I think that's when it starts to make sense.

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

uarte wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:45 pm
mozizo wrote:
what is it good for?
Anything and everything having to do with spectral manipulation. Honestly, people are still figuring out what new things they can do with those tools and how SL fits into their workflow. It's Photoshop for sound.

But in a nutshell -- tons of tools related to restoration, cleaning, retouching, repairing, analysis, noise reduction, manipulation, creative sound design, forensics, effects applied to a spectral selection, audio cloning, audio transformation, alignment, harmonic and transient selection and manipulation, spectral amplification, and even spectral note-taking. And who knows what you can do musically with this yet. And it works well with Cubase/Nuendo/WaveLab.

They really need a demo though so folks can try it out. I think that's when it starts to make sense.
Thats all ? :lol:
ok i get some idea of its capabilities, i guess the best is to grab a demo when it is available and experiment with it,probably some more videos will be released by steinberg and maybe users of real audio manipulation with SL6
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

Simon Stockhausen

Post by Simon Stockhausen »

I bought SL6 yesterday, spent the entire day with it: it's extremely buggy, crashes a lot, stalls, becomes unresponsive - the only really interesting feature I can find is the moulding part, in most other areas RX Advanced is far superior. This needs a hot-fix asap.

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Hi Simon, please send me a PM detailing the issues you encounter with SL, as well as the details of your computer, so it can be fixed with the next patch. Thanks!
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

Simon Stockhausen

Robin Lobel wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:16 pm
Hi Simon, please send me a PM detailing the issues you encounter with SL, as well as the details of your computer, so it can be fixed with the next patch. Thanks!
I sent you a list with bugs and crash reports which I posted on KVR yesterday.

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Thanks, got it !
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

dr

Post by dr »

Simon Stockhausen wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:10 pm
I bought SL6 yesterday, spent the entire day with it: it's extremely buggy, crashes a lot, stalls, becomes unresponsive - the only really interesting feature I can find is the moulding part, in most other areas RX Advanced is far superior. This needs a hot-fix asap.
was thinking of giving this a try - but will probably hold off if it's so unstable.

Simon, can you give me an idea of how usable it actually is in it's present form ? We're you using it in ARA2 mode - maybe some of the issues are cubase rather than SL ?

(why no demo !)

thanks

scarlatino

Post by scarlatino »

I have a Steinberg`s mail :"SpectraLayers Pro 6 will be exclusively available to Steinberg customers at a not-to-be-missed introductory 50% discount until August 31, 2019." But price on site for all the same and is 50% of 400 euro=200 euro. If we talk about email price for Steinberg user should be 100 Euro. Where am I wrong?

Simon Stockhausen

dr wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:00 am
Simon Stockhausen wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:10 pm
was thinking of giving this a try - but will probably hold off if it's so unstable.

Simon, can you give me an idea of how usable it actually is in it's present form ? We're you using it in ARA2 mode - maybe some of the issues are cubase rather than SL ?

(why no demo !)

thanks
All the problems I encountered were with the standalone app, I hardly use Cubase (Logic is my main DAW) so I can't say if and how ARA would work as there is no AU version of SL6, only VST3.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

mozizo wrote:
what is it good for? saw the videos,but only talking and showing nice colored screens and tools.have no idea from the vids for what is good for in practice.and no one example in real situations with audio.hope more videos are gonna show in what situations it is used and how it solve it.
anyway congrats with the new product 8-)
As far as I can tell there are no audio examples on the product page
https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... %20page%20

There is plenty of audio in the videos, but it seems odd that none of it is from SpectraLayers.
For an audio editor it would be useful to hear what it sounds like before buying.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

suntower

Post by suntower »

Hola Luis,

Is there any way that Steinberg can send me (us) an e-mail when the demo is available?
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip »

So many questions, yet unable to find any answers from the Steinberg page about Cubase integration. Curious to try, so will wait until demo is available. Of course what I'd love to see is Spectral Layers inserted across stem busses, and side chain one bus into another to clean up various mix scenarios. Wishful thinking? Not sure. We'll see.....
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

sirWombat

Post by sirWombat »

Currently downloading the 30-day demo version of Spectra Layers! :D
It's available in the product page and in the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Nspace

Post by Nspace »

dr wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:00 am
Being a long time SL user, I can attest that Robin is a very responsive developer.
There are not standing issues from past versions, plus regular improvement in its functionality guarantees a happy future.

chikitin

Post by chikitin »

Hi, Can I upgrade from MAGIX SpectraLayers Pro 5? I am just concerned about Magix, is that now owned by Steinberg?
MacBook Pro & iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 1 TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external 32" Monitors
Surround configuration with subwoofer.
Dorico 3.5, Finale, VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

chikitin wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:40 pm
Can I upgrade from MAGIX SpectraLayers Pro 5?
Yes, just go here. What you need is called "Update from SpectraLayers Pro 5" and is a complete new installer, Steinberg branded. MAGIX still exist as a completely seperate company, it's just that the SpectraLayers product has been acquired by Steinberg (lucky for us!).
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.10 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

chikitin

Post by chikitin »

MrSoundman wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:02 pm
chikitin wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:40 pm
Can I upgrade from MAGIX SpectraLayers Pro 5?
Yes, just go here. What you need is called "Update from SpectraLayers Pro 5" and is a complete new installer, Steinberg branded. MAGIX still exist as a completely seperate company, it's just that the SpectraLayers product has been acquired by Steinberg (lucky for us!).
That's great!
MacBook Pro & iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 1 TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external 32" Monitors
Surround configuration with subwoofer.
Dorico 3.5, Finale, VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

JesusSheep00a

Post by JesusSheep00a »

I just up upgraded to 6 Magix is offering free upgraded to 7 those who buy a product that includes 6.Is Steinberg willing to offer grace period to 7 Like Magix is doing?
If you own and are mixing in a Surround Track will pro show all surround or just the stero?

Return to “SpectraLayers 6”