SpectraLayers Pro 6 - Trial available

Post questions and find answers on the latest SpectraLayers release here.
Luis Dongo

SpectraLayers Pro 6 - Trial available

Post by Luis Dongo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 am

Hello all,

the trial version of SpectraLayers Pro 6 is now available.

Visit the SpectraLayers product page to download a time-limited trial version of the software and experience first hand all the benefits this new product has to offer.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

UnderwaterSurfer

Re: SpectraLayers Pro 6 - Trial available

Post by UnderwaterSurfer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi Luis,

Thank you so much for making this available.

I installed the trial version and am able to use the stand alone version, and load it as a plugin in Cubase Pro 10. When I open WaveLab Elements 9.5 I see it as a plugin, but when I try to load it I get a popup message of "SpectrLayers ARA" and "SpectraLayers library could not be loaded" and the path to the SpectraLayers.dll file, which happens a second time after clicking the OK button. Is it supposed to work in WaveLab Elements 9.5? Is it because of ARA2?

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:09 pm

Hi, Wavelab does not support ARA, so it won't work in this context. Right now the following hosts supports ARA: Cubase 10.0.30, Nuendo 10.1, Reaper, Studio One 4, Bandlab Cakewalk.
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:41 pm

I've spent a few hours with SL6 in Cubase. I was super excited to try this, but its integration is clumsy and counter-intuitive. Surely basic key commands, such as zoom, should be the same for both programs? Tool sets and basic workflows should be similar, etc. For me, it feels like 2 very different programs with very different workflows. I find it bizarre that this is being marketed with no videos available to show how to actually use it inside Cubase, at least none that I could find. I'll await SL7 or SL8 when Spectral Layers feels like an editor inside Cubase, rather than something bolted on. I guess it's early days. Exciting for sure, but not quite what I'd hoped for.
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:41 pm
I've spent a few hours with SL6 in Cubase. I was super excited to try this, but its integration is clumsy and counter-intuitive. Surely basic key commands, such as zoom, should be the same for both programs? Tool sets and basic workflows should be similar, etc. For me, it feels like 2 very different programs with very different workflows. I find it bizarre that this is being marketed with no videos available to show how to actually use it inside Cubase, at least none that I could find. I'll await SL7 or SL8 when Spectral Layers feels like an editor inside Cubase, rather than something bolted on. I guess it's early days. Exciting for sure, but not quite what I'd hoped for.
That's because they are 2 very different programs.

They are designed to do completely differently things, require different workflows. It is it's own standalone software being routed into another program. Some people don't use Spectralayers in a DAW. They use it as standalone. But there are already people who have used this software for 5 previous version with the default hotkeys.

Just change the hotkeys to your liking.

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm

PleaseDontBanMe wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 pm
Steve Helstrip wrote:

They are designed to do completely differently things, require different workflows. It is it's own standalone software being routed into another program. Some people don't use Spectralayers in a DAW. They use it as standalone. But there are already people who have used this software for 5 previous version with the default hotkeys.

I know they're 2 different programs, but since Steinberg has got behind SL with the latest version with much fanfare about ARA2, I was expecting more fluidity between the programs. I think this will be great, in time, but right now it's too much of a leap for the vast majority of Cubase users. I envisage scenarios where SL would be great for me, but with such a big price tag attached I'd want far better integration.
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

PleaseDontBanMe

Post by PleaseDontBanMe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm
PleaseDontBanMe wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 pm
Steve Helstrip wrote:

I know they're 2 different programs, but since Steinberg has got behind SL with the latest version with much fanfare about ARA2, I was expecting more fluidity between the programs. I think this will be great, in time, but right now it's too much of a leap for the vast majority of Cubase users. I envisage scenarios where SL would be great for me, but with such a big price tag attached I'd want far better integration.
It's extremely useful just as it is... I mean.... you can do a lot of things with it... that you can't without it.... people once would splice tape man...

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Steve Helstrip wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm
I think this will be great, in time, but right now it's too much of a leap for the vast majority of Cubase users. I envisage scenarios where SL would be great for me, but with such a big price tag attached I'd want far better integration.
Thanks for posting Steve. I've got an activation code for a trial myself, but am holding off using it until I see a first patch update.

I'm with you about closer 'Cubendo' integration - exactly what I'd be looking for... maybe as you say, something for the future.

Its an intriguing tool for sure; completely new to me. Will have to wait to see where/how well it might fit with my current workflow, as standalone app or otherwise.
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5, WaveLab Pro v10, Studio One v4.5.4, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

daqaz

Post by daqaz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:58 am

Hello, friends.Advise how to fix my problem.When I open an audio file in the spectraleyrs pro 6 trial it opens up to 98% then stops.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Scrinshot.PNG
(38.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:28 am

Steve Helstrip wrote:
.... I find it bizarre that this is being marketed with no videos available to show how to actually use it inside Cubase, ....
.... or anywhere else? :o

I am/was planning to get the trial version this weekend, to take it for a spin.

Is it, that the tutorials are only available after you buy it? That seems "counterbusinessuitive".

I am/was planing to get it at the discounted price and "grow into it", the way I'm growing into Nuendo.

Please, Devs, let's have some tutorials.

Thanx!
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X Mojave 10.14.6; Nuendo 8.3.20.345; Sibelius 7.5; iPad Pro 13"; Cubasis, WaveLab 9.00; Dorico V3.0.0.1038 (Loving it).

dlibenzon

Post by dlibenzon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:39 am

Hi,
I'm trying to use Trial version of SpectraLayers Pro 6 on MacBook pro.
I got email with trial activation code, downloaded the necessary software.
When I try to activate trial code in eLicenser Control Center I always get "Currently there is no eLicenser connected to your computer" and go further with the "Download License" button.
Does it mean that I can't use trial version with hardware eLicenser USB tool?

Return to “SpectraLayers 6”