If they're gonna charge us $100 fix the GUI

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Klavier

If they're gonna charge us $100 fix the GUI

Post by Klavier » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:17 am

This is a message to all the nerds at Steinberg. While we appreciate the insurmountable number of obtuse and fanciful features you provide, could you set aside some focused time and resources surrounding the #1 issue on all of your fans' minds: Make it pretty. Please. Some of us have wives and girlfriends who walk in on us producing in Cubase 10, and they won't stop nagging about the blurry lines.

The HiDPI "upgrade" is a complete unusable and incomplete feature. You're not really "upgrading" to Cubase 10 if you can't use the new features. I couldn't even explain the other new features you guys added, and I assure you that I do not know what they are, because I primarily gave you more money so that it would look good.

Holding out hope...

vanhaze3000

Re: If they're gonna charge us $100 fix the GUI

Post by vanhaze3000 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:07 am

Well, i come from Reaper (on macbook) with it's incredible ugly, fuzzy,unsharp and misty GUI, not retina at all.
So for me, Cubase 10's GUI is a godsend, looking great,defined,sharp.

People's opinions, including myself, about looks is all highly subjective.

Warm Regards.
Macbook Retina 2015 * OSX Mojave 10.14 (always latest version) * UA Apollo Twin Thunderbolt * Cubase 10 Pro (latest version) * Maschine Studio2 * Novation Impulse * Lots and lots of legal plugins.

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:33 am

Subjective is the word!!

I haven't had any problems with HiDPI although, in my defence, I am using Windows 10!!
Musician, songwriter, singer, guitarist, band member.
System: HP Ali-in-One 24-f0xx, Intel i3-813OU CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz, Windows 10 64bit.
DAW: Cubase Pro 10.30, Focusrite 2nd gen 1818i interface, Padshop Pro, Halion Sonic 3, VST Connect Pro, PreSonus e 4.5 monitors, AKG K240 cans.
Instruments: M Audio KeyRig 49, Sigma OMT-1STE+ acoustic guitar , Washburn D20n acoustic guitar, Weissenborn lap slide acoustic guitar, Epiphone resonator acoustic guitar, Fender Deluxe Roadhouse stratocaster

Our band singles recorded using Cubase & VST Connect: https://soundcloud.com/stanhope-road

InLightTone

Post by InLightTone » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:58 pm

I think you're looking for excuses not to write music...

MGiardetti

Post by MGiardetti » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:25 am

I would at least like to be able to colorize the mix Console channels\strips like I see in Pro tools and others, that would make things more sueable for me.

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Klavier wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:17 am
While we appreciate the insurmountable number of obtuse and fanciful features the #1 issue on all of your fans' minds...
Welcome to the Forum!

Maybe you did actually discuss this with EVERY OTHER Cubase user (though I doubt it) but I wasn’t asked before the group spoke for me. :D I know, it is just an incredible exaggeration, which is the norm these days.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:47 pm

Klavier wrote:
While we appreciate the insurmountable number of obtuse and fanciful features you provide,
I don't think a feature can be obtuse. We typically don't apply that adjective to inanimate objects. Perhaps it was "obtusely provide", or "you obtuse providers"...

... but certainly not obtuse features...
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

fuzzydude

Post by fuzzydude » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Klavier wrote:
This is a message to all the nerds at Steinberg. While we appreciate the insurmountable number of obtuse and fanciful features you provide, could you set aside some focused time and resources surrounding the #1 issue on all of your fans' minds: Make it pretty. Please. Some of us have wives and girlfriends who walk in on us producing in Cubase 10, and they won't stop nagging about the blurry lines.

The HiDPI "upgrade" is a complete unusable and incomplete feature. You're not really "upgrading" to Cubase 10 if you can't use the new features. I couldn't even explain the other new features you guys added, and I assure you that I do not know what they are, because I primarily gave you more money so that it would look good.

Holding out hope...
All good here and very much appreciating HiDPI both on my OSX and Windows workstations. No complaints from any of the engineers here, so I guess it's subjective. Re the use of the word 'obtuse' to describe a feature, you've lost me there. Maybe add a signature to your profile with comp specs and a screenshot or two so we can all see what's bugging you.
Comps+OS: Macbook Pro's 10.13.6 I PC's - i7's - M2's - SSD's I Win10 Pro x64 (V-1903) I Nuendo 10 | Cubase Pro 10 I Wavelab 9.5 Pro

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:16 pm

I'm not thrilled (to say the least) with the graphics in Cubase Pro 10, but, I also know it is time for me to update my video card and fresh install everything and run the DAW under Win 10.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”