Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
Triple-T
New Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by Triple-T » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 am

DAC stands for download access code, or simply said the code we type in to activate a software with the elicenser.

Nuendo used to have an extra kit to get all of Cubase extras that weren’t included. This version (currently Nuendo 8) has that included. I see Nuendo as the Cubase version with added functionality, some options in the menu I will never use honestly, so if you’re only making music Cubase is a great platform, I used just about every option available there.
As I make a youtube music video every now and then I am very interested in the next Nuendo version which has perhaps (hopefully) added videorendering. That would be the icing on the cake. Especially if one could render to h265 (HEVC) or vp9 (the quality difference compared to older types is noticeable) I will be on cloud nine.

uarte
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by uarte » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Spoon wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 am
Welp, I'm part of the Nuendo family!
One question: my license says "Nuendo 8 (DAC)"
What does 'DAC' stand for?
Triple-T wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 am
DAC stands for download access code, or simply said the code we type in to activate a software with the elicenser.
Actually, the DAC in Nuendo 8 (DAC) stands for "Double the Awesomeness of Cubase" and when Nuendo 10 is released, the license will be upgraded to Nuendo 10 (TAC) and TAC will stand for "Triple the Awesomeness of Cubase" ;) Aren't you glad you joined the Nuendo family?

SrOrtegon
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by SrOrtegon » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:57 pm

Thank you svennilenni, You are very polite.
svennilenni wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:07 am
SrOrtegon wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:20 am
Hello:

I'm thinking to do the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo.

I would like to know if Nuendo has the same features of Cubase ( vsti compatibility, projects compatibiliy, fx etc).

I'm aware that Nuendo has more post prod/ vodeo features, but i would like to produce music in Nuendo like I do in Cubase.

Thank you !
Why not read first before posting? Also this question has been answered in this thread already... :roll:

SrOrtegon
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by SrOrtegon » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 pm

I repeat my question, if someone please could help me out with an professional answer:


I'm thinking to do the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo.

I would like to know if Nuendo has the same features of Cubase, if the projects compatibility is full or not (VST'i, plugins, as well)

I'm aware that Nuendo has more post prod/ vodeo features, but i would like to produce music in Nuendo like I do in Cubase.

Thank you !

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 3839
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by svennilenni » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 pm

SrOrtegon wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 pm
I repeat my question, if someone please could help me out with an professional answer:


I'm thinking to do the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo.

I would like to know if Nuendo has the same features of Cubase, if the projects compatibility is full or not (VST'i, plugins, as well)

I'm aware that Nuendo has more post prod/ vodeo features, but i would like to produce music in Nuendo like I do in Cubase.

Thank you !
As I wrote before - the question had been answered on the first page of the thread. Start being professional yourself, and read... :roll:
And yes, it is an open secret that I am one of the most polite users of the forums....

MarkRM
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by MarkRM » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:49 am

Hi! Another Cubase 10 user here, considering the upgrade to Nuendo 8/10.

I was wondering if someone (maybe Timo?) would be able to clarify something.

There's been an announcement at GDC of the pricing of Nuendo 10. KVR reports: "Nuendo 10 will be available through resellers and the Steinberg Online Shop in Q2 2019. The suggested retail price for the boxed version of Nuendo 10, which includes the required dongle, will be 999 euros, whereas the download version will be available for 979 euros. These prices include German VAT."

This seems to suggest that, going forward, the price of Nuendo (and, I assume, upgrades and crossgrades) has been cut permanently. I'm in Australia, so not sure how this new price compares to the current sale price of Nuendo 8.

Is this correct? For me, this could help me make a decision on the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo, as the significantly more expensive upgrade path I'd be buying into in future is a big consideration. If this was potentially going to be a little more affordable moving forward, I think I'd take the plunge on those extra features.

Thanks!

uarte
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by uarte » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:48 am

MarkRM wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:49 am
There's been an announcement at GDC of the pricing of Nuendo 10. KVR reports: "Nuendo 10 will be available through resellers and the Steinberg Online Shop in Q2 2019. The suggested retail price for the boxed version of Nuendo 10, which includes the required dongle, will be 999 euros, whereas the download version will be available for 979 euros. These prices include German VAT."

This seems to suggest that, going forward, the price of Nuendo (and, I assume, upgrades and crossgrades) has been cut permanently.
This is exactly how I'm reading it -- that the price has been cut permanently. I might be wrong, and obviously, would be nice to get official confirmation, but the official quote from Timo reads:
We are dramatically reducing the price for full and update licenses of Nuendo 10 to give back to the many professionals who already benefit from Nuendo and those who are toying with the idea to switch. Everyone needs to understand why we believe that Nuendo 10 is the most cutting-edge digital audio workstation today.
That certainly reads like a permanent price cut. If so, sounds good to me! That means more users, hopefully more revenue overall, more development resources, more industry adoption, I'll take that. Nuendo 10 release might be a pretty important moment for Steinberg's pro audio division... let's hope it's a solid and stable release out of the gate so the uptake will be positive going forward.

MarkRM
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by MarkRM » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 am

Yeah, it sounds good to me too, if that's the case. There are a lot of people I know interested in Nuendo and if it's more affordable to buy and upgrade moving forward I know they'll jump on it. Traditionally, the price has been just a bit too much for those I know who are working in that mid-tier level of music production with occasional forays into music-to-picture or sound design. Would love to get official confirmation.

Just out of interest, is this new price (979 euros) exactly the same as the current Nuendo 8 sale price? In other words, could this sale be read as the start of the official, permanent price cut? I'm not in Europe so only able to see the Australian pricing.

mbira
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:22 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by mbira » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:15 am

The question that starts to come up for me is that is seems like Steinberg is taking a closer look at differentiating Cubase and Nuendo.

Moving forward, is there any clarity on whether Nuendo will ALWAYS have the same feature set that Cubase has, or will Nuendo focus more and more on post audio and game audio features and perhaps leave more music production features to Cubase. I know that it used to be that way and we had the NEK, and then they got rid of the NEK and integrated everything, but moving forward....for those of use that are Cubase users and considering making the switch will we be stuck in a couple years with Nuendo not updating core music creation features?

I'd love if someone from Steinberg would be willing to answer this to the best of their abilities. There are very few features that are in Nuendo that I need, but I have needed surround sound a few times and I really like the randomizer, so I'm considering the switch, but I am primarily a composer and I don't want to be stuck regretting the switch in a couple years....
Cubase Pro - usually the latest version | Cubase Elements (because of the damn dongle) | Wavelab Pro | Dorico 2 Pro | Halion 6 | Laptop: Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 G RAM, OS 10.10| Studio computer: 2012 12 core Mac Pro Tower 64 G RAM | PC Slave i7 8920 running VEP6 | Apollo 16 Firewire

composingkeys
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:56 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by composingkeys » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:30 am

mbira wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:15 am
The question that starts to come up for me is that is seems like Steinberg is taking a closer look at differentiating Cubase and Nuendo.

Moving forward, is there any clarity on whether Nuendo will ALWAYS have the same feature set that Cubase has, or will Nuendo focus more and more on post audio and game audio features and perhaps leave more music production features to Cubase. I know that it used to be that way and we had the NEK, and then they got rid of the NEK and integrated everything, but moving forward....for those of use that are Cubase users and considering making the switch will we be stuck in a couple years with Nuendo not updating core music creation features?

I'd love if someone from Steinberg would be willing to answer this to the best of their abilities. There are very few features that are in Nuendo that I need, but I have needed surround sound a few times and I really like the randomizer, so I'm considering the switch, but I am primarily a composer and I don't want to be stuck regretting the switch in a couple years....
I second this! Also wondering what upgrade costs will be for Nuendo?

MarkRM
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by MarkRM » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:32 am

I think Timo has mentioned earlier in the thread (and I think elsewhere) that there will never be any features that Cubase has that Nuendo won't also have. As it stands, Nuendo 8 is at parity with Cubase 9.5, and Nuendo 10 will be at parity with Cubase 10 (just with all the additional post-production features), and will stay that way moving forward.

Luis Dongo
Moderator
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by Luis Dongo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 am

MarkRM wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:49 am
Hi! Another Cubase 10 user here, considering the upgrade to Nuendo 8/10.

I was wondering if someone (maybe Timo?) would be able to clarify something.

There's been an announcement at GDC of the pricing of Nuendo 10. KVR reports: "Nuendo 10 will be available through resellers and the Steinberg Online Shop in Q2 2019. The suggested retail price for the boxed version of Nuendo 10, which includes the required dongle, will be 999 euros, whereas the download version will be available for 979 euros. These prices include German VAT."

This seems to suggest that, going forward, the price of Nuendo (and, I assume, upgrades and crossgrades) has been cut permanently. I'm in Australia, so not sure how this new price compares to the current sale price of Nuendo 8.

Is this correct? For me, this could help me make a decision on the crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo, as the significantly more expensive upgrade path I'd be buying into in future is a big consideration. If this was potentially going to be a little more affordable moving forward, I think I'd take the plunge on those extra features.

Thanks!
Hello MarkRM,

and than you for your interest in Nuendo!

Celebrating Nuendo's 10th milestone, we have decided to reduce its price for the whole Nuendo 10 lifecycle. This version is one of our biggest releases to date, we have added more than 40 new features and improvements, we have paid careful attention to the requests from our long-time users while also trying to be a step ahead of the new technology trends and have Nuendo ready for future challenges. All Cubase 10 features are also included and we are cooperating with external developers, e.g. Dear Reality, Audiokinetic, Barco, etc. to focus on our own core application while enabling them to integrate their solutions into Nuendo as efficiently as possible. The Game Audio Connect SDK will also be made available for other Game Engines to allow Nuendo to connect to them as it now does with Wwise.

The current prices of Nuendo 8 during this spring sale are basically the same as Nuendo 10 will be when released. There is just one small exception that won't really affect anyone, on the contrary, it will benefit everyone crossgrading to Nuendo 8 now. The prices for the updates from older Nuendo versions to Nuendo 10 will also be slightly reduced for the whole lifecycle and we will even allow users from waaaay older versions to get Nuendo 10 for a very moderate price. We want as many people as possible to profit from the huge effort we have put onto this version.
mbira wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:15 am
The question that starts to come up for me is that is seems like Steinberg is taking a closer look at differentiating Cubase and Nuendo.

Moving forward, is there any clarity on whether Nuendo will ALWAYS have the same feature set that Cubase has, or will Nuendo focus more and more on post audio and game audio features and perhaps leave more music production features to Cubase. I know that it used to be that way and we had the NEK, and then they got rid of the NEK and integrated everything, but moving forward....for those of use that are Cubase users and considering making the switch will we be stuck in a couple years with Nuendo not updating core music creation features?

I'd love if someone from Steinberg would be willing to answer this to the best of their abilities. There are very few features that are in Nuendo that I need, but I have needed surround sound a few times and I really like the randomizer, so I'm considering the switch, but I am primarily a composer and I don't want to be stuck regretting the switch in a couple years....
Hi mbira,

on the contrary. With Nuendo 8 we brought Cubase and Nuendo back together with the discontinuation of the NEK.

Rest assured that we see no reason nor are we planning to separate them again, but always have all Cubase features integrated into Nuendo. Both applications are developed on the same codebase and separating them would translate into unforeseen issues and challenges or the need of more resources that wouldn't benefit neither customers nor us.

There might come a time where a specific feature works differently in Cubase than it does in Nuendo mainly to accommodate the purpose of such feature to different use cases and workflows. Currently we have only a few such cases, i.e. the implementation of the VCA faders and some automation modes, which doesn't make Cubase and Nuendo projects incompatible, but only means that some further adjustments might be needed if those features were used in projects shared by both applications.

There is one Cubase feature that is not part of Nuendo though, and that is VST Transit! We don't have plans to implement VST Transit in Nuendo in the foreseeable future either. Other than that, Nuendo 10 will include all Cubase 10 features, and it will keep including all Cubase features in future releases.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions. I will try to be more active in the forum from now on, so please fire up all your questions.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

Puma0382
Senior Member
Posts: 1805
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by Puma0382 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:42 am

All good stuff - thanks Luis Dongo.!

The bit about VCA's 'working differently' between the two, may need some clarity/detail/example/pictures/gifs when you have a minute please. Project compatibility sounds fine on the surface, but what are folk actually going to come up against (finding out when its too late..! ;) )..? Can I load a C10 project into N8.3 to check myself (backwards(!?) compatibility).?

(I don't have a demo of N8.3 yet - still mulling this whole sales offer over)
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5, WaveLab Pro v10.0.10, Studio One v4.5.5, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

uarte
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by uarte » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:40 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 am
I will try to be more active in the forum from now on, so please fire up all your questions.
Thanks for all that info, Luis, and thanks also for trying to be more active in the forum!

BTW, when you say, "...we have decided to reduce its price for the whole Nuendo 10 lifecycle..." it sounds like you are planning on raising the price again for perhaps Nuendo 11 in a couple of years? If so, this seems slightly odd to have a 2-year sale price, so am I understanding you correctly?

Seems to me that it's pretty tough to reduce the price so much for such a long period of time, and expect a good reaction from people when the price goes up again by a large amount. Unless you prepare them the whole time with the marketing copy surrounding this "super special landmark edition Nuendo 10 pricing structure -- good until Nuendo 11" -- and it's very clear and right up front. But if it's unclear, I think it will likely cause quite a reaction when/if you double the price in 2021-ish for Nuendo 11. People will get used to the new price if it's here for 2 years...

As for lowering the price right now or permanently, I think it's great -- it will hopefully have a very positive effect on market penetration, which is only a good thing for all Nuendo users. Finally push some studios over the edge to adopt Nuendo.

Again, thanks for the communications! Nuendo 10 looks like it will be a very good release indeed.

User avatar
fuzzydude
Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by fuzzydude » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Puma0382 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:42 am
All good stuff - thanks Luis Dongo.!

The bit about VCA's 'working differently' between the two, may need some clarity/detail/example/pictures/gifs when you have a minute please. Project compatibility sounds fine on the surface, but what are folk actually going to come up against (finding out when its too late..! ;) )..? Can I load a C10 project into N8.3 to check myself (backwards(!?) compatibility).?

(I don't have a demo of N8.3 yet - still mulling this whole sales offer over)
I run both Cubase and Nuendo latest version and yes you can switch between the two. I haven't come across any major issues yet opening a Cubase 10 project in Nuendo 8. What I would like to see in Nuendo 10 is the mute button on the VCA that's in Cubase 10. Its currently permanently greyed out in Nuendo. I also prefer the way you assign a channel to a VCA in Nuendo 8.
Comps+OS: Macbook Pro's 10.13.6 I PC's - i7's - M2's - SSD's I Win10 Pro x64 (V-1903) I Nuendo 10 | Cubase Pro 10 I Wavelab 9.5 Pro

User avatar
jonsolo
New Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: Charleston
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by jonsolo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Ok I am officially in, ha.
http://www.solosounds.net
http://www.soundcloud.com/the-jon-solo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 7700 | 64 GB RAM | Scarlett 6i6 | Dual 27" monitors
Nektar Panorama P6 | Korg Kronos 88 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Blue Baby Bottle | JBL LSR308/310
Nuendo 8 | Ableton Live 10 | Reason 10 | FL Studio 20

MarkRM
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by MarkRM » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 am

Luis Dongo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 am
Hello MarkRM,

and than you for your interest in Nuendo!

Celebrating Nuendo's 10th milestone, we have decided to reduce its price for the whole Nuendo 10 lifecycle. This version is one of our biggest releases to date, we have added more than 40 new features and improvements, we have paid careful attention to the requests from our long-time users while also trying to be a step ahead of the new technology trends and have Nuendo ready for future challenges. All Cubase 10 features are also included and we are cooperating with external developers, e.g. Dear Reality, Audiokinetic, Barco, etc. to focus on our own core application while enabling them to integrate their solutions into Nuendo as efficiently as possible. The Game Audio Connect SDK will also be made available for other Game Engines to allow Nuendo to connect to them as it now does with Wwise.

The current prices of Nuendo 8 during this spring sale are basically the same as Nuendo 10 will be when released. There is just one small exception that won't really affect anyone, on the contrary, it will benefit everyone crossgrading to Nuendo 8 now. The prices for the updates from older Nuendo versions to Nuendo 10 will also be slightly reduced for the whole lifecycle and we will even allow users from waaaay older versions to get Nuendo 10 for a very moderate price. We want as many people as possible to profit from the huge effort we have put onto this version.
Thanks Luis for the comprehensive answer, it's really appreciated!

As mentioned, your phrasing seems to suggest that this a potentially special pricing for just Nuendo 10, and that the price of Nuendo from version 11 onwards may revert to what it has been in the past. I understand that nothing is set in stone with this and you need to be careful with how you word things, but it would be good to know if this pricing should be considered a temporary thing. For me, the more expensive upgrade path from Nuendo 10 to 11+ is a serious consideration. If upgrades are likely to revert to what they have been in the past after Nuendo 10, I'll have to think about whether or not it's the best thing for me long term. Again, I understand that there are no promises, but it would be nice to know if at least there is a general intention one way or another. This is mostly an issue for me because of the need to surrender my Cubase license when I crossgrade, and the inability to crossgrade from Nuendo to Cubase once I've made the switch.

Thanks!

Luis Dongo
Moderator
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by Luis Dongo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am

Hello guys,

Please don't analyse every word we say with a magnifier glass. We are not native speakers here and trying to convey so much information in one post is not easy.

What I wanted to say was that the new price for Nuendo 10 is not an introduction offer or an extension of the current N8 sale, but that it is the definite price for the whole period Nuendo 10 is available.

I'm not saying that we will raise the price back up for Nuendo 11 (nor am I saying that it will stay the same, nor that we will reduce it again). We haven't even released Nuendo 10 yet to already be making assumptions about future versions. Right now we are only focused on this release. We have many things planned that we hope you guys will appreciate and enjoy and one of them is the new price structure.

That's all I'm going to say about pricing, though I'll be happy to chime in if there are questions about new features and future development.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

uarte
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by uarte » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am
Hello guys,

Please don't analyse every word we say with a magnifier glass. We are not native speakers here and trying to convey so much information in one post is not easy.
Fair enough, sounds good! Your English is really good BTW, so it's easy to forget you're not native speakers. Thanks for keeping us posted, even though we might get too enthusiastic in trying to interpret what you post -- we are after all just very interested in understanding the big release and any changes you might be making. :D

After all, Nuendo 10 is "going to change our lives", right? ;) (<--- intended to be a humorous reference to your Nuendo 10 teaser video intro)

All kidding aside, your efforts at better and more open communications are definitely noted and appreciated by many.
Luis Dongo wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am

Right now we are only focused on this release. We have many things planned that we hope you guys will appreciate and enjoy and one of them is the new price structure.
Yes, and yes! The new price structure is also much appreciated.
Luis Dongo wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am

That's all I'm going to say about pricing, though I'll be happy to chime in if there are questions about new features and future development.
Speaking of new features and future development, any chance you have some video footage of the GDC presentation? Surely someone had an iPhone handy....

Moonmoose
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by Moonmoose » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Hey all!

Does anyone know if this offer is included in the Student Nuendo Licence?

uarte
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by uarte » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Moonmoose wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:23 pm
Hey all!

Does anyone know if this offer is included in the Student Nuendo Licence?
I thought I read somewhere that any educational license will be upgraded to the commercial license when you upgrade. Okay, here's the FAQ:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/education/faq.html
7. Is there a possibility to update / upgrade from an education version to a higher version of the software?

Yes, but not at a special education price. Updates and upgrades can be purchased at the regular price from the Steinberg online shop.
By updating / upgrading your education version you receive a regular, commercially usable full version.
Seems to apply here, but maybe Steinberg can officially confirm if this applies to Nuendo Student licenses?

-steve-
External Moderator
Posts: 9180
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by -steve- » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Academic licenses are for the first purchase only.
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee, and I do not speak for them)
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

Luis Dongo
Moderator
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by Luis Dongo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:28 am

Moonmoose wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:23 pm
Hey all!

Does anyone know if this offer is included in the Student Nuendo Licence?
Hello moonmoose,

none of the Educational products are part of the current Nuendo sale. Only the retail version and the crossgrades are discounted.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

uarte
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by uarte » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:28 am
Moonmoose wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:23 pm
Hey all!

Does anyone know if this offer is included in the Student Nuendo Licence?
Hello moonmoose,

none of the Educational products are part of the current Nuendo sale. Only the retail version and the crossgrades are discounted.

All the best,
Yes, but can Student and other Educational licenses UPGRADE or CROSSGRADE to Nuendo? For example, a student license of Cubase crossgrade to commercial license of Nuendo during this promotion? That could be covered by his question, so now it's not clear with your response. Or a student or educator license of Nuendo upgrade to Nuendo 10 commercial when it's released? I thought the FAQ was clear, but maybe we're missing something?

punitb
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:49 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Post by punitb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:30 pm

uarte wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:22 pm
Luis Dongo wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:28 am
Moonmoose wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:23 pm
Hey all!

Does anyone know if this offer is included in the Student Nuendo Licence?
Hello moonmoose,

none of the Educational products are part of the current Nuendo sale. Only the retail version and the crossgrades are discounted.

All the best,
Yes, but can Student and other Educational licenses UPGRADE or CROSSGRADE to Nuendo? For example, a student license of Cubase crossgrade to commercial license of Nuendo during this promotion? That could be covered by his question, so now it's not clear with your response. Or a student or educator license of Nuendo upgrade to Nuendo 10 commercial when it's released? I thought the FAQ was clear, but maybe we're missing something?
I believe he meant to say regarding the discounted price, the corssgrage or Update might be available at the regular rates. Still I personally feel just wait till the V10 is released and then check the upgrade or crossgrade prices. As it was mentioned in the very first post that these might be the continued prices for Nuendo V10 life cycle. So if you are really not in a hurry to upgrade or crossgrade the licenses you can wait.

In the mean time you can use the 60days trial license so you can use the software & hopefully till then the V10 is officially released. :D

Post Reply

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests