No sound in my headphones (Mac/Cubase Pro 9.5)

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
ingenspor

No sound in my headphones (Mac/Cubase Pro 9.5)

Post by ingenspor » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi. I'm using Cubase 9.5 Pro on a MacBook Pro 2018. Suddenly I don't get any sound in my headset when its connected to the minijack input on the computer. I get sound in the headset if I play music from other sources like Itunes but when I start the Cubase project, the sound comes out of the computer speakers at full volume! I don't understand what's going on. It has worked fine every time until now.. I've seen that some PC users have had the same problem, but I haven't found anything about any Mac-users experiencing the same and I don't find any solution.. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

ihak

Re: No sound in my headphones (Mac/Cubase Pro 9.5)

Post by ihak » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Same exact problem for me, and all of a sudden too. It was working fine before.
iHak
Composer

ve2lt

Post by ve2lt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:00 pm

So, what are the solutions? Did Steinberg paid attention to this problem? It’s really annoying when I can’t work using headphones with WL 9.5 on MacBook!

RaGe

Post by RaGe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Same issue popped up here! :( Terribly annoying as it used to work just fine. I tried the workaround proposed in another post by creating an aggregate device but to no success. Steinberg please notice us.
Cubase 6.5
OSX Yosemite Mac Pro 3,1 (2008)
Steinberg MR816X

fleetwood_max

Post by fleetwood_max » Sat May 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Same problem... It was working fine until a few days ago. It happened when I unplugged the headphones from the macbook pro to connect an AUX 1/8" cable (so that I can play the mix through my home stereo system) and the sound started to come out of the macbook speakers only. So I plugged the headphones back thinking the AUX cable was the problem but nope... I was never able to make it work again afterwards. The headphone will only work when I hook up the laptop back to my 18i20 card, which is extremely inconvenient because I'm at a stage where I'd like to validate (and do minor tweaks on the fly) my near-final mixes using other references (like my home system and car) than my studio monitors.

Steinberg, what's the word on this issue?
Macbook Pro, Cubase 9.5, 18i20.

fleetwood_max

Post by fleetwood_max » Sat May 04, 2019 3:20 pm

For whoever comes across the same problem, I just found this on the site.. I haven't tried it yet but it seems to be the latest re: this issue.
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... ne-outputs

fleetwood_max

Post by fleetwood_max » Mon May 06, 2019 1:48 am

Aight, so I hit that link and followed the steps and it works perfectly. Just make sure your headphones or 1/8” aux cable is plugged in the headphone port when you create the aggregate. Otherwise, the system only sees the speakers.

When I opened Cubase, I just had to select the new aggregate from the cubase opening pop-up menu (while the headphones were plugged in) and voilà.

Thought I’d report back. ✌️

Return to “Issues”