WaveLab Pro 9.5 and Elements 9.5 now available!

All topics on WaveLab 9 and WaveLab Elements 9
TimoWildenhain

WaveLab Pro 9.5 and Elements 9.5 now available!

Post by TimoWildenhain » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Dear forum members,

Steinberg today introduces WaveLab Pro 9.5 and WaveLab Elements 9.5, two major updates to the WaveLab 9 product line.
This update is focussed on highest audio quality and provides the tools to achieve best results. From cutting-edge Spectral Editing
tools to the new RestoreRig suite (a replacement for the old Sonnox restoration plug-ins) to the revolutionary audio in-painting technology -
WaveLab 9.5 raises audio quality to the next level.

Top new features in Pro 9.5:
• Modern Spectrogram offering a customizable view, color schemes with presets, display settings, psychoacoustic scales and more
• Brand-new Wavelet display for a more accurate visual representation of the musical content of an audio file
• State-of-the-art Spectrum Editor with a whole new set of tools and functionality to surgically edit in the Spectrogram
• Patent-pending Audio Inpainting technology to recreate audio material by using the spectral information of the surrounding area
• Redesigned Error Correction tab for straightforward and easy detection and correction of clicks and errors
• New RestoreRig plug-in suite including a DeClicker, DeCrackler, DePopper, DeNoiser and DeBuzzer
• Live Spectrogram for real-time visualization of the spectral information of a signal during recording or playback
• Revamped plug-in set including new processing modules, enhancements in MasterRig and a GUI redesign in most dynamic-effects
• Apple Touch Bar support for easy and direct access to your favorite tasks and functions at your fingertips
• Further improvements including high DPI support, bleep censor generator, gapless MP3 rendering, iXML track name support and much more

Top new features in Elements 9.5:
• Modern Spectrogram offering a customizable view, color schemes with presets, display settings and more
• New RestoreRig plug-in suite including a DeClicker, DeCrackler, DePopper, DeNoiser and DeBuzzer
• Revamped plug-in set including a GUI redesign in most dynamic-effects as well as new processing algorithms
• Apple Touch Bar support for easy and direct access to your favorite tasks and functions at your fingertips
• Further improvements including high DPI support, bleep censor generator, gapless MP3 rendering, iXML track name support and much more

Please find more information on WaveLab here: WaveLab 9.5 tutorial videos

Interview with Mastering Engineer Ludwig Maier (Munich): WaveLab 9.5 in practical use

Steinberg Online Shop: WaveLab product family

Have fun experiencing WaveLab 9.5!
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Oliver.Lucas

Re: WaveLab Pro 9.5 and Elements 9.5 now available!

Post by Oliver.Lucas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:53 pm

TimoWildenhain wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:39 pm

• RestoreRig plug-in suite including a DeClicker, DeCrackler, DePopper, DeNoiser and DeBuzzer
This is obviously so cool that it made it to the list twice.... ;)
Main machine: Fireface UFX+ 64GB, 2TB Hecacore macmini 10.14.x, egpu
Avid ProTools Ulitimate and S3. A gazillion plugings

mindseyedub

Post by mindseyedub » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:28 pm

What is WaveLab Pro 9.5 Media Pack €8?

folkfreak

Post by folkfreak » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:00 pm

As it is written in the shop:
If you want physical media, buy that.

mindseyedub

Post by mindseyedub » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:14 pm

folkfreak wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:00 pm
As it is written in the shop:
If you want physical media, buy that.
Big thanks.

sirWombat

Post by sirWombat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:00 pm

I can see only a boxed version of WaveLab Pro 9.5 Full Version in the store, and that is not even available yet?

However there is a download version of WaveLab Elements 9.5 and a downloadable upgrade from Elements to Pro, will I miss something if I go that route?

I would not wish to wait for a box that I won't need.

Also, can't find a trial version anywhere?

Denis van der Velde

Post by Denis van der Velde » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 pm

On the where i brought all products in this summer new,

The update within the version to buy it, is a little wierd. Software within the version should be free for updates, but hey i payed for the WL95update. So 6 weeks is a little scary for not getting updates to WL9, when you buy it in the shop. Yes i know there was an update in August. It can be strange to people who buy WL9 or Cubase9 and find out the product has updates between versions that must be payed that is basically after 6 weeks after purchase. I did not expect to pay for WL9 just to update.

It is just that ? Why did Steinberg have 0.5 Updates that you need to pay for ? Why not wait and introduce new features at WL10 ?
Or did i miss some History on Steinberg that can explain it ?

Also that it takes a new version 9.5 directory, and does not write over the wavelab 9 dir but creates a new one. It changed also the scrreensetup i had. But ok, it is also strange that the update took 3 installers and runnings. First you download after buy, is the Steinberg updater software, that downloads WL95update, and you open it, it creates a new dir and puts the WL95 in that, to run that and finally WL95 is installed into a seperate install dir (IE mentioned that).

Great it has new features, so i had the money and did the update.

But Why is it the halftime update is not free:?

Not that i am upset or angry with it, policies are policies.
Just i found no answer on that...

All noise related stuff intrests me, so i quess i updated.
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C10,W10,Halion6,Groove Agent5,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFi Pro. Yamaha MW12c USB mixer.
Behringer TRUTH B2031A active studiomonitors. Sony MDR-V900 Headphones.
Steinberg CC121 Controller. Mackie Control Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Steinberg has always (or for very long) had paid .5 updates, for Cubase as well as Wavelab. If you skip one and buy the next .0 update you end up paying the same amount of money (example: 9.0 to 9.5 is €60, if next 9.5 to 10.0 is €90, then 9.0 to 10.0 would be €150). So it can be seen as a service: you get the new features and don't have to wait for the next number up.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0 | Cubase 10.0.50 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

Denis van der Velde

Post by Denis van der Velde » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Arjan P wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:25 pm
Steinberg has always (or for very long) had paid .5 updates, for Cubase as well as Wavelab. If you skip one and buy the next .0 update you end up paying the same amount of money (example: 9.0 to 9.5 is €60, if next 9.5 to 10.0 is €90, then 9.0 to 10.0 would be €150). So it can be seen as a service: you get the new features and don't have to wait for the next number up.
I works if users know. But most new users buy in the shop just to have the software and then later on realize this. For i did not see that mentioned very well on the steinberg main sites. But i just buy the things last summer, 06-2017.
Hahaha It is that i know Steinberg to be good, i did trust it.
I7 8core 16tread 32gb Aopen Board, SSD Samsung. C10,W10,Halion6,Groove Agent5,etc.
Running on 8ms Latency with a Soundblaster XFi Pro. Yamaha MW12c USB mixer.
Behringer TRUTH B2031A active studiomonitors. Sony MDR-V900 Headphones.
Steinberg CC121 Controller. Mackie Control Pro.

Denis van der Velde
http://www.curioza.com
AAMS Auto Audio Mastering System for Windows

profdraper

Post by profdraper » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:43 am

Very nice update, thanks PG. All good here, no issues to speak of as per a few other posts. Overall is running much snappier & more positive. on my system. Still a few lags with screen re-draws or re-sizes for certain 3rd party plugs (eg iZoptope), but minor really.
PC: Dell T7910 dual Xeon, Win10Pro 1909, 64GB, Samsung SSDs & RAID. Displays: EVGA RTX 2080Ti, Blackmagic Decklink MiniMon 4k, Dell U3419W, BenQ SW2700PT. Audio: Thunderbolt 2, RME UFX+ & ADI-8, UAD-2 quad PCIe. MIDI: Presonus FaderPort 16, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, Ableton Push. Apps: Nuendo 10.2, Wavelab Pro 10, Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.6, Ableton Live Suite 10.1, DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.1.

emasters

Post by emasters » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Great update, PG & Team Steinberg. Easy purchase, download and install. Thx.
Ed

dfletcher8

Elements 9.5 update more tha le upgrade!

Post by dfletcher8 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:09 am

Hi
I originally bought le7 and upgraded to elements 7. Looking at the options upgrade to elements 9.5 from elements 7 is £40 update but from le7 upgrade is £24. I don’t have le7 on my elicenser as elements 7 overwrote it. This seems very unfair, why, and is there a solution to get it for the lower cost?

Thanks David

bob99

Re: Elements 9.5 update more tha le upgrade!

Post by bob99 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 am

dfletcher8 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:09 am
Hi
I originally bought le7 and upgraded to elements 7. Looking at the options upgrade to elements 9.5 from elements 7 is £40 update but from le7 upgrade is £24. I don’t have le7 on my elicenser as elements 7 overwrote it. This seems very unfair, why, and is there a solution to get it for the lower cost?

Thanks David
Good catch. Same thing for Elements 8.

XLR

Post by XLR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:41 am

Where can I find a WL 9.5 installer (update or full) ???
Since I bought the update, I only see this "assistant" everywhere, but no simple and clean "installer" (like there is for Nuendo).
Do I have to buy the box with "media" to get an installer, or is there a download link anywhere?

Any hint would be highly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 am

If you log in to your 'MySteinberg' there should be download links to all your registered software under the download tab.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0 | Cubase 10.0.50 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

XLR

Post by XLR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:27 am

That's what I supposed, how it should be, but it isn't.
Under the tab "Software" I find two lines,
- Nuendo 8 (DAC) (and eLicenser #)
- WaveLab Pro 9.5 (and eLicenser #)
But under tab "Downloads" there is only Nuendo (for WIN and Mac OS), but no WL download links.
That's why I'm mourning ;-)

pwhodges

Post by pwhodges » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:46 am

I don't need it; but I see the same thing - downloads are linked for my other Steinberg product but not for WaveLab. However, you can get the download using the Steinberg Download Assistant (mind you, I hate dedicated download assistants - they are just an unnecessary complication these days).

Paul

XLR

Post by XLR » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Thank you guys!
Yes, those "assistants" are annoying, especially when they first want to "phone home" with your machine data before giving you an installer (like this boy does). - Instead of allowing it, I preferred to close the window instantly and in the meantime bought the optional "media box".
- Guess I have to wait for the traditional DVD coming in with snail mail.
:-(
So far...

Enemy_Infestation

Post by Enemy_Infestation » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi
Yeah, I'm confused, some one can help me? I pay for the update WaveLab Pro 9.5, and download the full install and not can't activate, or how can activation for WaveLab Pro 9.5,
Or in this case if this update, only is for full activation in WaveLab Pro 9, where can I pay for the full WaveLab Pro 9 for my WaveLab Pro 9.5 update?

Very very confused !!!!

Thank you for the any can help me!

Greetings

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 pm

The updates are for the following versions:

-Wavelab Pro 9
-Wavelab 8.5
-Wavelab 8
-Wavelab 7
-Any version of Wavelab Elements.

It's written in plain english.
If you don't have any of these versions, then you made a mistake and you'll have to ask for a refund:
https://steinberg.support-asknet.com/en ... /solutions

You can buy Wavelab Pro from many online stores. It's not cheap. You'll get a free upgrade to 9.5.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Enemy_Infestation

Post by Enemy_Infestation » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:34 am

Hi
Many thanks "Romantique Tp" !, now I understand!,

Some one have one site sure or official from Steinberg where can I purchase the full WaveLab Pro 9, for aplicate my update 9.5.

Question :
If I download the trial version of version 9, where I can have the activation for the full?

Now one question more, if I purchase the WaveLab Pro 8.5, this update aplicate for this update 9.5 or just for only version 9?, becouse I purchase for the 9 to 9.5.!

Thank you for the any can answer!

Greetings

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:45 am

You have to buy it from a store in your region, an online store works. You cannot buy it from Steinberg, only in certain countries.

If you buy any version of Wavelab Pro from a store, you will get Wavelab Pro 9.5 for free. This only counts if it's not used an used copy.

So you should ask for a refund on the Wavelab Pro 9.5 update you bought, because you wont be able to use it. You will already get it for free when you buy Wavelab.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Enemy_Infestation

Post by Enemy_Infestation » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:53 am

Hi
OK thanks "Romantique Tp"!

Yeah! I can try to refund my purchase, and find one online store here..

Many many thanks again my friend..

Greetings

Luis Dongo

Post by Luis Dongo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

Hello Enemy_Infestation,

do you own a USB-eLicenser? If you do, you can actually purchase a full WaveLab Pro 9.5 license (permanent activation for trial version) as soon as the trial version is available, which will be very soon.

If you don't have a USB-eLicenser, then you have to purchase a full box version from a store in your country as Romantique Tp suggested.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:15 pm

XLR wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:36 pm
Thank you guys!
Yes, those "assistants" are annoying, especially when they first want to "phone home" with your machine data before giving you an installer (like this boy does). - Instead of allowing it, I preferred to close the window instantly and in the meantime bought the optional "media box".
- Guess I have to wait for the traditional DVD coming in with snail mail.
:-(
So far...
I missed this post.

If Steinberg REALLY wanted to spy on you they would be already doing that while you install updates or through the eLicenser Control Center, genius. :lol:

The download manager's only purpose is to allow you to resume the download if you have connection issues, which a lot of people were complaining about.
You're acting like this is some download manager you found on a shady site full of ads. Ridiculous.

Return to “WaveLab Pro 9 | WaveLab Elements 9”