Out Now: Nuendo 8

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
Luis Dongo

Out Now: Nuendo 8

Post by Luis Dongo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Dear Steinberg Community,

we are proud to announce the immediate availability of Nuendo 8, the newest iteration of our award-winning Advanced Audio Post-Production System!

Nuendo 8 introduces Game Audio Connect 2 and the Sound Randomizer for supreme game sound design and composing. Great workflow improvements such as the new MixConsole History and Direct Offline Processing round off many further additions to the latest release.

Other new features includes:
• Renamer for automatically renaming events in Nuendo projects
• Sampler track for easy creations of sample-based instruments from audio files
• New effects and updated plug-ins including Frequency EQ, HALion Sonic SE 3, Retrologue 2, AutoPan, Maximizer and many more
• User Profile Manager to easily store and recall program settings and preferences
• ADR improvements, including automatic speech alignment and remote ADR support (available within a future maintenance update)
• New video engine independent from QuickTime technology
• Workflow and stability improvements as well as an enhanced sound content

DNxHD support information
We would like to inform you about a change for the DNxHD support. As Quicktime is not available anymore, the new video engine uses the direct license from Avid for the DNxHD decoder. This is a fee-required license. The Avid DNxHD Decoder for Nuendo will be available on July 12, 2017 as a separate product in the Steinberg Online Shop for €/$ 30.
The implementation is a completely fresh development of the DNxHD integration and doesn't rely on old Quicktime components anymore.

Learn more about these and other new features that Nuendo 8 has to offer.

The Nuendo 8 full retail version and all downloadable updates and upgrades are now available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop.

Thank you for choosing Nuendo!
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

Big K

Re: Out Now: Nuendo 8

Post by Big K » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Hello Luis

This is great news...
I am looking forward to dig into N8.
Some of the features come just in time for me.
A little appreciation rebate for long-time NEK payers would have been a nice touch, though.

Cheers, Big K

Is the lettering on the buttons still grey in grey?
Nuendo 10, WaveLab 9.5, RME, UAD, PoCo, Win10/64 bit, PC i7 3930K, 16GB RAM, Intensity Pro, Melodyne, Spectrasonics, VSL, All Brainworx & PA, Genelec 1031 for 5.1, Quested HQ 210, NS10s, sevaW lla, LAWO, Neumanns, Brauners, Sennheisers, Schoeps, Sony DASH3324S, 42 RUs of classic hardware, professionally build and designed studio acoustics. SB-User since Cubase 2.0, Nuendo 1.5 ...

zvenx

Post by zvenx » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Finally, NEK is dead.
rsp
richard sven patterson
sound sculptist
--------------------------
Nuendo 10| Gigabyte GAX79UP4 : Intel Hex Core Ivy Bridge Extreme 4930K : 32GB RAM | Windows 10 64bit| Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 10 | MacBookPro Retina 2.8Ghz Quad Core I7 | 10.14.5 | 16GB | NI Komplete Audio 6 | UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad |

emery

Post by emery » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:17 am

Will it work on OSX Yosemite 10.10.4?
www.Mastering.Lt

Hackintosh I7-7700K, Prism Sound Orpheus, Nuendo 8.1.10 , WL 8.5.20 , Acustica Audio, UAD2 Octo

cochise66

Post by cochise66 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Why do I feel like I paid my Nuendo several times? The updates are really expensive, $250 really? Why there is no discount to those who bought the NEK so it is included with the new Nuendo 8? I am feeling a bit betrayed...

MichelBlanchet

Post by MichelBlanchet » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Long time no see Dudes. Nuendo 8 is out? I think it's time to move from Nuendo7 with my NEK7 to Nuendo 8 ;-) Salutation to Timo and all Steinberg's team.

MichelBlanchet

Post by MichelBlanchet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:47 am

Well, i finish my last work with N7. Tomorrow i switch for the new one ;)

MichelBlanchet

Post by MichelBlanchet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Like i said yesterday, now it's done. I'm with Nuendo 8. All look good for me. Just want to say thank to Canada Steinberg's team ;-) Of course thank you Timo and all for your always awesome work with my favorite DAW ;) I know i'm not very active in the forums since my Nuendo 6 lol But i will try a little bit more. Thanks again guys. See ya! (3 posts inside 10 days wow!!!)

Oops i forget to say thanks also for Avid DNxHD decoder. Now it's real See ya ;)

Return to “General”