Help Artist and M-audio 1010LT

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
pierredion

Help Artist and M-audio 1010LT

Post by pierredion »

Hi!

Newbe question : Is there a way in Cubase Artist 9 to feed all of the 8 ouputs of my M-Audio 1010LT with the same mix, so I can choose any pair of speakers/headphones to monitor it?
I'm trying to replicate my old Cubase 5 (32bit) Studio feature (in the VST Connections menu) which allowed me configure the monitoring with my consumer speakers or headphones (feed to 2 consumer amplifiers), and/or active shelf monitors and/or active stage monitors. Can't find clear information ont that subject in the manual.

Thanks in advance to the good samaritan!

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Re: Help Artist and M-audio 1010LT

Post by Grim »

I'm guessing this will work but haven't used direct routing myself tbh.

If you route all tracks to a group channel pre hitting the stereo out you can use direct routing on that group to multiple outs

Clicking on the direct routing buttons in MixConsole rack switches between blue and grey so I guess that is enabled/disabled and could act as your speaker switching.
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

As I wrote in my first message, I'm pretty familarized with Cubase Pro 5, so I need more help here. I can't assign more than one ouptut bus to the group channel in the routing matrix (wish I could post a screen capture here...). It.s either one or the other. I'm probably missing somethig here, but I reallycan't figure it out... Thanks again in advance!

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

I found the solution : the VSTi output is 1/2 on 1010lt
added 3 group channels in the send of the VSTi stereo out 3/4 for group 1, 5/6 for grroup 2 and 7/8 for group 3).
Still have to try with audio mix. It's complicated compare to Cubase Pro's Control Room, but it works...

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

Not quite sure what you are doing but it sounds like you're making it more complicated than necessary.... with direct routing you can route the same group to multiple output bus. No need for multiple groups.
Also not sure what you mean by outs 1/2 are vsti out....the outs can be whatever you tell them to be in VST connections.
It makes no difference if you have vsti or audio, you're just routing the entire stereo mix from a single group that you have added and routed everything that's currently going to the stereo bus.
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

Hi again! Thanks again for the help.
You say "with direct routing you can route the same group to multiple output bus", but I do see all my outputs when I click on routing (stereo out) for Group 1 in the console view, but Cubase let me only choose one at the time, hence i must creare mutliple groups (1 per output) to which I route all my tracks, plus output 1/2 which is the default mix out. I'm pretty sure I don't get this whole routing correctly, but I do see that a group cannot have more than one output in Cubase Artist. Maybe and most surely in the Pro version, but as far as I look into my version, I can't see how to do it. I knw I should have get the Pro version, but with two kids in college...

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

I suspect the problem is that you are using the normal routing rather than the specific feature "direct routing" I'm talking about.

Pretty sure it's in Artist as well as Pro.

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

Sorry to contradict you but it's not. I still have a few hours to try Cubase Pro 9 and I checked the racks entries - no direct in Artist. My solution stands, but I must now learn how to copy params between channels to speed up the process... I could also sell my Artist Education and buy the Pro Ed version. Can I do that?
Thank you one more time for your help and patience!

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

Ah... OK. Was basing my assumption on the manual as the direct routing section isn't labelled pro only as others parts are.

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

And as far as you know, can I sell my education licence for Artist?

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

According this page no you can't.

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... g-software

You can buy an upgrade from Artist to Pro which will also make your license a full (non edu) license

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

8 years since i used my M-audio 1010LT, but if i'm not mistaken, its possible to hear the daw(asio output) in all 1010LT outs. go open the 1010LT mixer and in the output tab raise the fader of the asio 1-2(DAW) in all 1010LT output faders.
(of course you will hear the same main mix from cubase.)
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

"8 years since i used my M-audio 1010LT, but if i'm not mistaken, its possible to hear the daw(asio output) in all 1010LT outs. go open the 1010LT mixer and in the output tab raise the fader of the asio 1-2(DAW) in all 1010LT output faders."
Hi!
If I hear you correctly, those faders which are currently in the "sw rtn" position in the M-Audio mixer shoud be set to "1/2 in". But isn't doing so makes only one set of 1010lt stero outputs active, thus feeding only one of my 4 stereo speakers? I may be so thick sometimes. I just don't get it. I did find my own solution though : I create 3 groups that are respectively linked to outputs 3/4, output 5/6 and output 7/8. Output 1/2 is the default main mix in Artist. Then I insert these groups in all tracks and voilà! I talk live to an audio engineer who has Cubase 8.5 Pro and he said that's probably the best solution since there is no direct routing option in Artist mixer matrix. As I wrote in another reply, i must now learn to copy these inserts to other tracks in order to speed up the process of converting my old Cubase 5 Pro songs.
Thanks y'all for your generous help in this matter.

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

to Grim

According to this Steinberg web page, I can:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... cense.html

I'm happy about that.

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

pierredion wrote:to Grim

According to this Steinberg web page, I can:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... cense.html

I'm happy about that.
Well there are many things you "can" do that you aren't really supposed to do ;)

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

I'll read the info more thoroughly in case I missed something, but let's say that Steinberg won't lose money. I'll get the Pro version for a price that suits my income and some other student will enjoy the Artsit version at a reasonable price Steinberg will have two happy customers instead of one not-so-happy...
Regards,

zyguli

Post by zyguli »

https://www.steinberg.net/en/education/faq.html

11. Can I resell an education license.

No, education licenses are bound to the buyer. In order to resell your product, you need to purchase an update / upgrade to the next higher version first. This will exchange your education license with a commercial license.

pierredion

Post by pierredion »

Damn... Thanks!

Return to “General”