Floating transport disappears when first opening Cubase.

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
In_Stereo

Floating transport disappears when first opening Cubase.

Post by In_Stereo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm talking about the floating transport, NOT the bottom transport bar.

Upon researching this I can see it's been a problem for a long time, and it happens to me every time I open up Cubase for the first time. It also happened in C8.5. It's not the end of the world but seems like a very long overdue fix. Do others experience this, too?
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, Mojave 10.14.5, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

jimmys69

Re: Floating transport disappears when first opening Cubase.

Post by jimmys69 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Not sure I understand. You want the floating transport to be always shown when you open Cubase? Hitting F2 is an annoyance?

Or is it that it is buried behind another window so you can't get it up? If that is the case then there is an issue. I do not have that myself.
PC Win7-64-16G i7-4790k/Cubase 5-6-7 32 bit, Cubase 8-9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7X/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne Editor

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Floating transport disappears when first opening Cubase.

Post by Prock » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:18 pm

My floating transport panel opened every time I started Cubase (not any more as I now use the lower transport in CB9). But, I suggest that you look at the Cubase>Preferences>General menu and change the setting for "Open project in last view used" to "Always". By selecting "Always" Cubase will always open in the last view saved before closing. So if saved with the floating transport panel showing, Cubase will open with it showing. Be aware that this setting does not mean that every separate project will open the way they were saved. It means they will open the way the last one was saved.

Weird wild stuff for sure as it relates to opening projects but... at least the transport will be open if it was open during the last save. What the??? ;)

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “General”