First few Q's n comments after the first few minutes of C9

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
ggc

First few Q's n comments after the first few minutes of C9

Post by ggc » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi =)

just upgraded and it has been running very stable. nice. =)

First few Q's n C's are:

1. Bottom editor- It would be nice if it would "jump" to whatever event is selected. Is there an option for that?

2. When creating a folder in the arranger, mediabay starts playing sound (if it was stopped and minimized)

3. Midi/Audio editor "Always on top"? - I cannot press play/record on the bottom or top transport section without the audio/midi editor minimizing. The editors only stay open when using the transport bar..

4. Tonic by steinberg was my only blacklisted plugin... lol

Overall a smooth install and a pleasurable experience so far for cubase9 on win7x64.

Thank you for any tips on the questions above and thank you steiny for all your work.

Have a good C9 everybuddy=)

p.s.- to steiny - I really hope that you see the value of the feedback/requests that I have passed along throughout my years with you as it is to make things better than they are. ;)

vic_france
Grand Senior Member

Re: First few Q's n comments after the first few minutes of

Post by vic_france » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:58 pm

For #1..
Preferences>Editors>"Editor Content Follows Event Selection" (used to be called "Link Editors" ;) )
Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.5.0| Logic Pro X 10.2.2| ProTools 11.3.1| Ableton Live 9.7.5| Reaper 562 | Studio One Pro 3.5.1

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:59 pm

vic_france wrote:For #1..
Preferences>Editors>"Editor Content Follows Event Selection" (used to be called "Link Editors" ;) )
The problem with this is I want different behavior for the lower editor vs. the standalone editor. On the standalone I want it to not follow the selection, while in the lower editor I want it to follow the selection.

A mildly annoying workaround I've found is to set the Preference to not follow the selection. Now the standalone behaves like I want, but the lower editor doesn't change when you select a different part in the Project window. However you can force the lower editor to display the newly selected part by turning the Lower Zone off & then back on. Also switching to another tab in the lower zone and then back to the editor tab works too.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

ggc

Post by ggc » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:30 pm

i hear ya...

another weird thing just happened here..lol-- I left the set open (not playing) and did laundry, ate etc...
-came back to it and pressed play... no sound.. lol.. the set is playing , the arranger is in a loop and playing but the mixer is not showing any activity on any track and i hear no sound... lol...

also noticed the :
copied from rendered track:
chinese or whatever symbols is going strong too.. lol
( would be cool if someone could translate the text ) - attached in a file @:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gflou3gbbma23 ... e.txt?dl=0

OT- it would be nice if we could also upload txt and zip files etc... only jpg,gif and png seems kind of minimalistic...;)

have a nice weekend =)

Return to “General”