when is the next fix ?

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
iRan

when is the next fix ?

Post by iRan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:16 pm

:twisted: I sent in couple of issues that were verified by the HALion team
exactly one year ago and still no updates there is no excuse for this once again
HALion left in the cold.. I will never buy another instrument from steinberg

this is just unbelievable :evil: :evil:
Cubase Pro 10, HALion 6, Steinberg UR824,
Yamaha Headphones Yamaha KX61 Yamaha Monitors
27 inch iMac i7 Quad Core iPad Air with iC Pro.
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

iRan

Re: when is the next fix ?

Post by iRan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Another Groove Agent library is out but no Halion libraries
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

musicbeat

Post by musicbeat » Wed May 04, 2016 6:35 pm

Yes, Steinberg does lag way behind on HALion updates.......it's a shame because I do love the synth! HALion can't get any love.......
i7-6700 3.4 ghz 32 go L2|W10 x64
Cubase Pro 9.5|HALion 6|Cubasis|Groove Agent Pro|Spectrasonics Bundle
RME BabyFace|AxiomPro49|Focal Pro-CMS 40's

iRan

Post by iRan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:21 pm

? No answer from Steinberg
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

dmuckala

Post by dmuckala » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:13 pm

we're going on a year and a half since any updates. I can't load the vst3 version of Halion in any other daws that support vst3 because i just get a beachball. Should have known better
Mac OSX 10.12.6
Mac Pro 6,1
Cubase 9.5
Logic 10.3.3
UAD Apollo

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi all,

Just to give you a heads-up, the next HALion iteration is already in the making. Although there is no confirmed release date yet, I can assure you that there will be some substantial new features and improvements that will answer long time feature requests as well as introduce completely new possibilities in HALion.

We are also investigating your reports about issues in other VST3 DAWs and are in touch with the companies to find solutions. As of today the issues seem not to be caused by HALion. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Niles

Post by Niles » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:41 pm

Matthias Quellmann wrote:Just to give you a heads-up, the next HALion iteration is already in the making. Although there is no confirmed release date yet, I can assure you that there will be some substantial new features and improvements that will answer long time feature requests as well as introduce completely new possibilities in HALion.
Sorry but the pitch it's worth nothing when you keep treating customers as if they don't exist between each release.
We always see Steinberg representatives participate here when there's a new version on the horizon and as soon as it is released you happily take out money and vanish until the next release is on the horizon.
Matthias Quellmann wrote:We are also investigating your reports about issues in other VST3 DAWs and are in touch with the companies to find solutions. As of today the issues seem not to be caused by HALion. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know.
So it took Steinberg over 2 years to get in touch with companies to solve an issue with a VST3 version of a Steinberg product so you can let your customers know at the end of the life cycle of the product what the issue was!?
That's classic Steinberg!

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi Niles,
I am sorry if you feel like not treated correctly or that your complaints are not being heard. There has been a lot going on since the release of HALion 5. We have developed and released Groove Agent 4, Retrologue 2 and also HALion 5.1 with bug fixes, workflow improvements and new features. In the last couple of month we invested a lot into the development of HALion 6. The forum and the feature request mentioned in it in particular have been a valuable input for the conceptualisation and direction of the future development. Unfortunately the issue that you reported in Studio One hasn't been addressed in the past. S1 is one of the DAWs that were included in our intitial quality assurance tests and at the time of the release everything was running perfectly in that version of S1. But you are totally right that one could expect from a company like Steinberg to pick up the phone and call another company in the same city (or invest 12 minutes to drive over there...) in order to solve the problem to the benefit for the customers. We have to admit that we messed this up by giving the issue only a low priority in our backlog.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

gmontano

Post by gmontano » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Any chance that full MPE support is on the roadmap ala UVI Falcon to better use newer controllers like the linnstrument?
6950x, 64 GB RAM, ASrock x99 mobo, 1050 Ti video card, Windows 10, RME UFX, Cubase 10 Pro.

maggie

Post by maggie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Hello Matthias,

Thanks for the infos about HALion 6.

A publication with Cubase 9 would not be bad.

:mrgreen:
Cubase 10 pro, Halion 6, Groove Agent 5, Padshop Pro, Tone2 Electra 2, Tone2 Ultraspace, U-He Diva, U-He Presswerk, U-He Hive, Tubeohm Vintage, Virtual CZ, Arturia Solina V2, Arturia Analog Lab, Waldorf Nave, Synapse Dune 2, UVI Falcon, UVI Grand Piano Type D, AiR Xpand!2, KV331 Synthmaster, Steinberg UR22, Arturia Keylab 49 (Black Edition), Intel i7 2600, 16GB RAM, ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN 3, Windows 10 64bit

Niles

Post by Niles » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for the reply. You don't have to feel sorry for me, at the end of the day it's Steinberg reputation, not mine.

I don't doubt the dedication and innovation of the Steinberg instruments (hence the fact I use GA4 and Halion 5's VST2.4 version). However it seems very hard for Steinberg to also implement a solid update schedule after a major product release to iron out the issues and make a great product an even greater product.

Time will tell if the dedication after the Halion 6 release will be any different from previous Steinberg products. But to be honest as a long time Steinberg customer, I don't have very high expectations.

And for the record, back in 2012 Halion 4 had the same issue in Studio One 2 and it was never fixed. So QA might have missed it. There was a double point version of Studio One that worked with Halion's VST3 version, but that one was released a lot later than Halion 5 even later than 5.1.10. Also the VST3 version has the same issue in Reaper as in Studio One.

iRan

Post by iRan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Still no fixes !! like I said sent in issues they were verified over a year ago ..
is this the way its going to be wait for a new version ? HALion is the flag ship
instrument but Groove agent gets more attention, No excuse !!!
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

iRan

Post by iRan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Any word on a fix for the current version ?
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

Sentenced

Post by Sentenced » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:23 am

Typical Steinberg.

iRan

Post by iRan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Well I been moving over to Komplete I pretty much given up,
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

PeppaPig

Post by PeppaPig » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:16 pm

iRan wrote:Well I been moving over to Komplete I pretty much given up,
I love the sound of Halion, but it crashes my Cubase session - unlike Kontact.
Cubase Pro 10.00.40, 9.5, Pro9.0.20. WaveLab 9 EL. UA Apollo Quad FW, UA PCI Octo, UA Satelite Quad, Adam T5V, Golden Audio pre73 DLX, Behringer ADA8200, Joe Meek AC3, Intel i7 6850x@4.2Ghz (6C/12T), Asus x99 Deluxe II, AMD 6450 HD, Windows 10 Pro, Samsung 860 and 850 SSDs, 64Gb RAM - Melodyne Studio, Komplete ultimate 11, Halion 6, GA,GA2,GA3,GA4 (+sp), OZ6, OZ7, OZ8 adv, Neutron Adv, BFD3, SoundToys rack, Panorama P1, M-Audio Oxygen, Yamaha YPP55 - outboard: PRO VLAII, Digitech Time machine RDS4000, 1950s Ferrograph Series 5, Mics: AKG C1000S, Rode NT2A and M5 pair, SE2200A, SE X1R, Fame-VT67 (cheap valve U67 clone), Heil PR20&PR22, Behringer Mic2200 used for reamping with a bit of nastiness!

iRan

Post by iRan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Yes I love the sound, the content is really good, the features are beyond amazing,
Just seams left behind all the time, no 3rd party no add on's of any kind.
I sent in issues that were verified a year ago, still no fix updates.
Steinberg, thinks everything will be ok when they release the next version,
No good with out support, probably haft to pay for the next version.
I'm still waiting to use this version, wasting my money
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

Ivan_IGroK

Post by Ivan_IGroK » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:57 am

2 years no update? steinberg this is no good work,
need fix 2 problem
surround panner postion dosnt save
save as to folder not work

iRan

Post by iRan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:02 pm

+1 fix the issues
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Forget about it and move to Kontakt.

I wasted my money too on what was really an unsupported product. No wonder there is almost no third party support for Halion. Just look at how they flock to Kontakt.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

Windows-10 Pro 64-bit v.1903.

PC: i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram, SSD drives.

Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).

Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.

Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Nuendo-10.2.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

Brian Roland

Post by Brian Roland » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:29 pm

fenderchris wrote:Forget about it and move to Kontakt.

I wasted my money too on what was really an unsupported product. No wonder there is almost no third party support for Halion. Just look at how they flock to Kontakt.
Interesting...I got my money's worth out of H5 before I even purchased a key (Some $200ish dollars for H5 in a promo deal they were running...I had already grossed $1,200 from the H5 generated project)...while it was still in Trial period! Fell in love and ordered it well before the trial ran out.

It's a really powerful instrument that's interesting and inspirational to soundscape with. It's very well put together and comes with quite a nice pallet of base samples and layers to work with. Tons of example patches to 'learn from'. For surround sound projects there's nothing else on the market quite like it in terms of how fast and easy it is to create (with Cubase) then pretty much drag and drop in lush 7 and 8 channel samples.

I've discovered that unless I'm super strapped for time I rarely need to go hunting for expensive 'third party libraries'. I can usually set aside some time to 'build my own' using the included content...quite often starting with an existing base patch and making a few minor tweaks. If I do need a super realistic acoustical third party instrument library with 200 articulations and 27 velocity layers in a hurry...I can always buy the library and use their included 'free player'.

H5 is Well worth the money if one actually digs in and uses it :) Sometimes we get consumed with what is NOT on the table, and miss out on all the great stuff that IS.

It's not for everyone....that's why they have trial versions.

I've already set aside budget for H6. It's going to be EXCELLET!

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Brian Roland wrote:
fenderchris wrote:Forget about it and move to Kontakt.

Interesting...I got my money's worth out of H5 before I even purchased a key (Some $200ish dollars for H5 in a promo deal they were running...I had already grossed $1,200 from the H5 generated project)...while it was still in Trial period! Fell in love and ordered it well before the trial ran out.

It's a really powerful instrument that's interesting and inspirational to soundscape with. It's very well put together and comes with quite a nice pallet of base samples and layers to work with. Tons of example patches to 'learn from'. For surround sound projects there's nothing else on the market quite like it in terms of how fast and easy it is to create (with Cubase) then pretty much drag and drop in lush 7 and 8 channel samples.

I've discovered that unless I'm super strapped for time I rarely need to go hunting for expensive 'third party libraries'. I can usually set aside some time to 'build my own' using the included content...quite often starting with an existing base patch and making a few minor tweaks. If I do need a super realistic acoustical third party instrument library with 200 articulations and 27 velocity layers in a hurry...I can always buy the library and use their included 'free player'.

H5 is Well worth the money if one actually digs in and uses it :) Sometimes we get consumed with what is NOT on the table, and miss out on all the great stuff that IS.

It's not for everyone....that's why they have trial versions.

I've already set aside budget for H6. It's going to be EXCELLET!
I'm sure you are right. I just find myself always gravitating towards Kontakt. The idea of trying get back into H5 just does not excite me.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

Windows-10 Pro 64-bit v.1903.

PC: i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram, SSD drives.

Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).

Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.

Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Nuendo-10.2.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

hodshonf

Post by hodshonf » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:07 pm

i just got H5 for $200.

i love it.

i can't bring myself to go the Kontakt route.

seems too strong-arm-ish to me.

as it stands H5 is pretty danged amazing! plus the UI is exactly how i think coming from a 3D CAD background.

but i am only now coming into it.

for what i spent compared to what i would have to spend for Komplete/Kontact (full) - no comparison.

iRan

Post by iRan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:15 pm

I love HALion too its great instrument .
but thats not the issue, there has been no support for it
no fixes for over a year no new content,
I can't use it
6 Core PC. Roland Vdrums

hodshonf

Post by hodshonf » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:48 pm

i guess i can't speak to the lack of support, other than the 2 recent support requests i've submitted with no answer.

i did get an email asking me to complete a survey about my customer experience.

pretty funny in that i have no customer experience with my 2 requests.

i'm a low level synth/sample user, so H5's current state is enough for me.
most of my stuff is tracked guitar, bass, and voice.

but i can imagine users who depend on this type of instrument day in day out getting upset.

Halion 6 looks like it might make NAMM 2017.

so, other options that i see:

MOTU Mach 5
UVI Falcon
Komplete

all 3 very expensive, especially Komplete - that looks like a huge hole ($$$) i'd rather not peer into.

what is everyone looking into as an alternative to Halion?

- i still can't get the HSO trial to run properly.

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”