What's new (details)

All topics on WaveLab 9 and WaveLab Elements 9
PG

What's new (details)

Post by PG » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Detailed list of new stuff in WaveLab 9 (compared to WaveLab 8.5).

What’s new in WaveLab Pro 9

Renewed User Interface
  • Modern Look. Choice between dark and light skins. Various waveform themes.
  • Unified Workspace to edit any file, in one edit view, or in side by side edit views
  • Customizable docking and grouping of windows, to match all layout needs for any screen setup
  • Centralized ribbon of commands, for easy access to editing functions
  • Complete Startup dialog
  • Search field in plug-in menus
  • New kind of key shortcuts based on digits, dedicated to navigation
File Handling
  • New Project concept to organize and edit files in custom groups, each one with one or more views
  • Centralized space for file operations and preferences
  • Convenient multi-level menu to open/insert audio files from multiple locations
  • Open/Insert files with copy/paste shortcuts from Explorer/Finder
New Plug-ins
  • MasterRig: modular suite of 6 new high-quality mastering plug-ins, freely sequenced in a single window (2 Eqs, Compressor, Limiter, Saturation, Imager)
  • New Resampler: lightning-fast and top quality. Multi-core processing.
  • Multiband Expander
  • Multiband Envelope Shaper
Cubase Connectivity
  • From Cubase 8.5, open an event’s audio file into WaveLab, and have the event automatically updated once editing is finished in WaveLab
  • From WaveLab, open into Cubase a project whose rendered audio file is being edited or used in a clip. When the project is rendered again from Cubase, the related audio file/clip is updated automatically in WaveLab. For example, each CD Track of a WaveLab montage could correspond to a Cubase project.
  • Optimized ASIO driver switching between WaveLab and Cubase: the driver is always available to the front application, but not released when switching to other applications such as Explorer/Finder.
Master Section
  • Renewed User Interface
  • Integration of a Resampler
  • Additional plug-in slots in all sections
  • Selective channel processing per slot (Stereo/Mid/Side/Left/Right)
  • Selective Output Monitoring (Stereo/Mono/Mid/Side/Left/Right)
Rendering
  • Possibility to render multiple audio files/montages in one go
  • Customizable Naming Scheme
  • CD Track group rendering
  • Option to include pre/post pauses in rendered CD tracks
Audio File Editing
  • Mid/Side editing: direct editing and processing of the Mid and Side channels, including Spectrum Editing.
  • Multiple Global Analysis windows
  • View presets
Audio Montage
  • Automation of Clip effects send level, with envelopes
  • Selective channel processing per effect (Stereo/Mid/Side/Left/Right). Parallel compression support.
  • Optimization of clip plug-in resources: plug-ins can be allocated/deallocated on demand according to the timeline location, both for playback and rendering (e.g. useful to use more UAD plugins)
  • Optional Mid/Side view per clip
  • Function to split stereo clips as Mid/Side tracks, for independent Mid/Side processing
  • Function to duplicate a Montage with different audio files, even with different sample rates
  • Enhanced Effect window, with Copy/paste of multiple plugins
  • Loudness Meta Normalizer Enhancements (peak equalizing, log, test mode)
  • New CD Track Group concept, for CD reports and rendering of track subsets (e.g. “side A and B”)
  • Improved reordering of CD tracks in regards to pauses
  • CD text / ISRC import from text file; function "Rename CD Tracks as CD Text"
  • CD Report: selectable CD Text fields; reports above 99 min possible; CD Track group support
  • File tool window: display how many times a given audio file is referenced by clips in the montage
  • Clip’s Time Ruler option to display times relatively to the beginning of the clip
  • Copy and paste markers between audio files and montages (with sample rate adaptation)
  • Improved compatibility to open past WaveLab 6 Audio Montages using VST-2 plug-ins
File Format Support
  • Surround 5.1 encoding to WAV, AAC and MP3 (5.1 audio files in batch processor, 5.1 audio montages)
  • BWF Marker support
  • BWF ISRC enhanced support
Playback
  • New friendly Transport Bar
  • Playback Lead Sequence function: move playback here and there, and come back anytime to the lead playback position.
  • Playback Mouse Tool is Mid/Side sensible when viewing audio file in Mid/Side view
Other
  • Performance improvements
  • Updated batch processor options, including customizable naming scheme
  • Enhanced Watch Folder Log in text format, for suitable spread sheet imports (csv)
  • Time code window: "reduced precision" option added
Philippe

Lasso

Re: What's new (details)

Post by Lasso » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Looks like a very nice and most welcomed update.

Purchased and can't wait to give it a spin :)
2015 MBP Retina @ 2,8 gHz, High Sierra, Cubase Pro 10, WaveLab Pro 9, UAD Apollo Twin, UAD Apollo Satellite Quad TB

cmaffia

Post by cmaffia » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Wavelab/Cubase working together again!
2 Cascaded Tascam DM3200's - IF-FW/DMMKII - IF-AN/DM - Tascam DA-3000 Mastering Recorder - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Cubase 9.0.30 - Sweetwater Creation Station 400 - i7-3770, 3.4GHz Quad Core - 8GB RAM - Windows 7 & 10 Home - UAD-2 Solo - UAD-2 Duo - Steinberg CC121 - 2 x Frontier Tranzport - Wavelab 9 32/64-Bit

Bandcamp: The Sweats
Check out The Bastudio

ricanstruction71

Post by ricanstruction71 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:05 pm

PG,
I see the system requirements for OSX listed is 10.10 and above but will this work under Mavericks OSX 10..9.5?

-Alex-

mozizo

Post by mozizo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:14 pm

congrats !! Looks good 8-)
i have WL elements 8 and willing to upgrate to WLE9, does element 9 have the same integration with cubase 8.5.15 as WL9 ?
edit with WLE9 on Cubase audio menu, and exporting to WLE9 and opening the cubase project if needed from WLE9 ?
cubase Pro 9.5 64bit ,halion 6 GA4 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 redstone 64bit 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

Scramble

Post by Scramble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:30 pm

"Automation of Clip effects send level, with envelopes"

Does this mean that effect/send automation has finally arrived in Wavelab?

Justin P

Post by Justin P » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:37 pm

Scramble wrote:"Automation of Clip effects send level, with envelopes"

Yes, there is both "Blend Wet Into Dry" and "Parallel Processing" options. The blend/parallel level is automated in the clip envelope, same as you would adjust the volume or pan envelope. On a related note, you can also choose to send only the left, right, mid, or side channel to an effect and return it to stereo (useful for reverbs/delays maybe).
Last edited by Justin P on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.mysteryroommastering.com/https://www.justincarlperkins.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaveLab/

iMac Pro 3.0GHz 10-Core • 64GB RAM • SSD for OS and audio • MacOS 10.14.6
Mac Mini 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7 (6-Core) • 32GB RAM • SSD for OS and audio • MacOS 10.14.6

RME AES HDSPe, MUTEC MC-3+ Smart Clock USB, Grace m905, Grace m900

StevenWL

Post by StevenWL » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:46 pm

Congratulations PG!

There's a lot of work and really interesting looking developments in WL9. The WL6 plugin compatibility is appreciated as we have a huge archive of WL6 montages. I really look forward to trying it out.

PG

Post by PG » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:52 pm

does element 9 have the same integration with cubase 8.5.15 as WL9 ?
edit with WLE9 on Cubase audio menu, and exporting to WLE9 and opening the cubase project if needed from WLE9 ?
Yes
Philippe

PG

Post by PG » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:58 pm

"Automation of Clip effects send level, with envelopes"

Effect blending, yes (automated with an envelope). On any plugin. Not parameter automation.
The automation can be done only on the desired channel(s) or mid/side channel alone. And parallel processing is also supported (for so called "parallel compression").
Philippe

PG

Post by PG » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:59 pm

I see the system requirements for OSX listed is 10.10 and above but will this work under Mavericks OSX 10..9.5?
Yes. But "not officially"
Philippe

electrodaddy

Post by electrodaddy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:29 pm

'Optimization of clip plug-in resources'. YES! Thanks so much! Giving it a whirl now.

nkf

Post by nkf » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:06 pm

No real surround and multi channel support - that is such a bad joke in 2016! This even prevents full compatibility with Cubase and Nuendo, because these programs (which I have both) support working with surround files so easily and elegant. The WL 9 GUI looks very good though.

pwhodges

Post by pwhodges » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:21 pm

^ This, in every respect. I note some things in the new GUI which might have been done with multichannel support in mind for the future; I hope that's not just wishful thinking.

I'm pretty sure the new GUI will be a huge improvement, though. The 7/8 GUI concept only really worked for me on multiple monitors, which suited me for a while, but not at present.

PG

Post by PG » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm pretty sure the new GUI will be a huge improvement, though. The 7/8 GUI concept only really worked for me on multiple monitors, which suited me for a while, but not at present.
The new GUI has been conceived to scale properly both on small screens and multi-screen setups. This, thanks to its layout flexibility.
Philippe

XLR

Post by XLR » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Just 6 weeks of grace period...!! :(
I always had problems since WL 7, regulary crashing, including loss of data. The Steinberg service people then gave me the friendly advise to go back to 32 bit (!)
Made a "last trial" and bought 8.5 end of january - and now have to pay the full upgrade price again.
... No, that's not funny anymore.

fuzzydude

Post by fuzzydude » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:50 pm

nkf wrote:No real surround and multi channel support - that is such a bad joke in 2016! This even prevents full compatibility with Cubase and Nuendo, because these programs (which I have both) support working with surround files so easily and elegant. The WL 9 GUI looks very good though.
Can you elaborate what you mean by "No real surround and multi channel support'?
Comps+OS: Macbook Pro's 10.13.6 I PC's - i7's - M2's - SSD's I Win10 Pro x64 (V-1903) I Nuendo 10 | Cubase Pro 10 I Wavelab 9.5 Pro

studioarcade

Post by studioarcade » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:52 pm

Wavelab 9 Trial version?

alldigital

Post by alldigital » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Retina support for 27 inch Retina 5k iMac..? ; )

nkf

Post by nkf » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:24 pm

fuzzydude wrote:
nkf wrote:No real surround and multi channel support - that is such a bad joke in 2016! This even prevents full compatibility with Cubase and Nuendo, because these programs (which I have both) support working with surround files so easily and elegant. The WL 9 GUI looks very good though.
Can you elaborate what you mean by "No real surround and multi channel support'?

No work with interleaved multichannel/surround files possible. No support for surround plug ins. No Montage with interleaved multi channel files. No Blu-ray Audio support.

stevefoxon

Post by stevefoxon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi,

Could tell me if in Wavelab Elements 9 there is the possibility of creating CD marker for tracks on a single wav file? Or if not, is it possible to do somehow else without actually splitting the wav?

Thanks.

Brain

Post by Brain » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:50 pm

XLR wrote:Just 6 weeks of grace period...!! :(
I always had problems since WL 7, regulary crashing, including loss of data. The Steinberg service people then gave me the friendly advise to go back to 32 bit (!)
Made a "last trial" and bought 8.5 end of january - and now have to pay the full upgrade price again.
you can upgrade cheaper than that, click on buy, it will send you to a page that lists the price depending upon what version you are upgrading from.
N6.5.40, N6.0.7, WL 8.5.20
3.50gHz i7, Win-7_Pro
RME HDSPe-MADI
Motu Micro-lite
Timebase
Euphonix System-5

N7.0.30, N6.5.40, N6.0.7
2.66 gHz Core2 Quad, XP SP-2
RME HDSP-MADI (primary)
SSL Alphalink MADI-SX, Mixpander-5 (backup)

RiverTrent

Post by RiverTrent » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:51 pm

XLR wrote:Just 6 weeks of grace period...!! :(
I also just bought Wavelab 8.5 on Jan 21st, there should definitley be a longer "Grace Period".

How about an extension for the "Grace Period", please?

toader

Post by toader » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Wow... this looks incredible. I can't wait to get back to the studio this evening to try it out... I'll buy it immediately! :-)
Computer 1: Cubase 10.0.15, RME HDSPe AES (x2), RME HDSPe AIO (x1), Nvidia NVS 510 video card, Dell T7500 workstation with Intel Xeon X5690 (6 cores with hyperthreading) 3.47gHz, 24GB RAM, UAD-2 Quad, Windows 10 64-bit
Computer 2: Wavelab 9.5.40, RME HDSPe AIO, AMD Radeon RX 480 video, Dell XPS 8720 with Intel I7-7700 CPU (4 cores with hyperthreading) 3.6gHz, 24GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit

Todd Loomis @ https://noiseradiationstudios.com

Brain

Post by Brain » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:01 pm

studioarcade wrote:Wavelab 9 Trial version?
I'd like to know that too, I am sure my boss will want to SEE WL9 before upgrading
Thanks,
Brain
N6.5.40, N6.0.7, WL 8.5.20
3.50gHz i7, Win-7_Pro
RME HDSPe-MADI
Motu Micro-lite
Timebase
Euphonix System-5

N7.0.30, N6.5.40, N6.0.7
2.66 gHz Core2 Quad, XP SP-2
RME HDSP-MADI (primary)
SSL Alphalink MADI-SX, Mixpander-5 (backup)

Return to “WaveLab Pro 9 | WaveLab Elements 9”