Vocal Tuning question

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
Uplift Productions

Vocal Tuning question

Post by Uplift Productions » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:54 am

I love the new feature where I can have multiple sample editors up when tuning background vocals.

Is there a way to select 3 at a time, and have the pitch and warp function apply to all 3?

RickerHart

Re: Vocal Tuning question

Post by RickerHart » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:57 pm

Haven't tried but I'll bet not. If I understand, you want to process 3 audio tracks at the same time? If so maybe first bounce the 3 into 1 then process the resulting single. I'll bet the results would be strange.

But if you mean to independently process 3 tracks simultaneously, then, why?

Uplift Productions

Post by Uplift Productions » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:12 pm

I have 3 background vocal tracks that I need to tune.

With the new version we can see all 3 in the tuning window, they are stacked behind one another.

I want to have all of them follow the pitch and warp when pressed. Not just the one I see.

That way I can start editing right away rather than opening each screen and pressing the button.

RickerHart

Post by RickerHart » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:17 am

I have not seen that feature. Is it three wav tracks your seeing? If so I expect they would be defined somehow, not an exact match. Can you choose which one to have on top from inside the tuning window?

Uplift Productions

Post by Uplift Productions » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:49 pm

If you double click on 3 .wav files, preferrably vocals....they will all show up in the sample editor window.
In the top left of the window you can select which one you would like to edit...the rest show up underneath and are select-able, but as I said they do not all let you adjust them until you hit the button to analyze the audio.

Rotund

Post by Rotund » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:08 pm

I didn't know this was a new feature. I've been doing this for ages and while there is no way to edit/vari audio the tracks at the same time, it can help immensely to set up key commands for "Activate Next Part" and "Activate Previous Part." Saves so much time. Also, I like to have the tracks set with different colors and the color selector drop down set to "auto" in the editor window. This helps keep the tracks sorted by color in the editor.
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Samplitude Pro X2, Studio One 3.5, CD Architect 5.2, RME Raydat, UAD PCIe Quad+Duo.

Outboard:
Moog Model D (Vintage), Sub 37, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, DSI OB-6 Desktop, Prophet Rev2 8 Voice, Roland Integra 7, SE-02, Korg Prologue 16, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo.

Uplift Productions

Post by Uplift Productions » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:10 am

There is a button you can click so it does exactly what I want!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome

Return to “General”