The Grand 3 installer

All topics on The Grand 3
arnomusicman

The Grand 3 installer

Post by arnomusicman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi there,

multiple problems with the The Grand 3 installer here.

1. The installer does not check/compute needed harddrive space
2. You cannot change the output folder for the Grand content

Today I had a customer for whom I was going to install The Grand 3. Downloaded the files and started installing. Problem was that the system gave errors after just one piano type was installed. Never guessed that the customer had a small SSD C drive with not enough space for and the download and the installed files. Found out quite late that his drive was full. After putting the installer files to his D drive, I was able to install The Grand for him.

But while installing The Grand, I could not choose the D drive as the drive for the The Grand content. So it is on his C drive again and his small 120GB C SSD is quite full now.

Maybe you (Steinberg) think you optimated the installer for downloaded files, but several important functions are missing: computing needed drive space and the choice where to install the content files.

I am looking forward to your reply and an updated installer.
Computer HW: i7-980 6-core CPU, ASUS P6X58D-E Mobo, 24GB tripple channel DDR3 RAM, Samsung EVO 850 250GB+1TB SSD's, WD Caviar Black 500GB, 2x1TB HDD's, WD MyCloud 4TB network backup
Computer SW: Windows 10 home 64-bit, Steinberg Cubase Pro 9.5, WaveLab Pro 9.5, HALion 6, The Grand 3, Dark Planet, Triebwerk, Hypnotic Dance, IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Arturia V Collection 5, EastWest Symphonic Choirs Expansion
Interfaces: Echo AudioFire12, MOTU Micro Lite
Controllers: Steinberg cc121, Frontier Design Tranzport
Hardware: Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 32ch inline console and lots of outboard gear (Joemeek, Drawmer, SPL etc.)
Recorders and players: Tascan 112MKII, 134 Syncaset, 238 syncaset, MD-301MKII, DA-30MKII, DV-D01U
Monitoring: Samson 120a amp, Avantone Mixcubes, Yamaha HS80M's and HS8S subwoofer and 6 AKG headphones

arnomusicman

Re: The Grand 3 installer

Post by arnomusicman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:48 pm

No reply from Steinberg so far....
Computer HW: i7-980 6-core CPU, ASUS P6X58D-E Mobo, 24GB tripple channel DDR3 RAM, Samsung EVO 850 250GB+1TB SSD's, WD Caviar Black 500GB, 2x1TB HDD's, WD MyCloud 4TB network backup
Computer SW: Windows 10 home 64-bit, Steinberg Cubase Pro 9.5, WaveLab Pro 9.5, HALion 6, The Grand 3, Dark Planet, Triebwerk, Hypnotic Dance, IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Arturia V Collection 5, EastWest Symphonic Choirs Expansion
Interfaces: Echo AudioFire12, MOTU Micro Lite
Controllers: Steinberg cc121, Frontier Design Tranzport
Hardware: Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 32ch inline console and lots of outboard gear (Joemeek, Drawmer, SPL etc.)
Recorders and players: Tascan 112MKII, 134 Syncaset, 238 syncaset, MD-301MKII, DA-30MKII, DV-D01U
Monitoring: Samson 120a amp, Avantone Mixcubes, Yamaha HS80M's and HS8S subwoofer and 6 AKG headphones

carlosmoreton

Re: The Grand 3 installer

Post by carlosmoreton » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:48 pm

I agree. The Grand 3 installer has caused me many problems for the last few days. Absolute rubbish.

Come on Steinberg. :-)

PS: Forgot to say. I'd give up getting a reply if I were you. Support replies are rare...
I have a home studio running W7 (64 bit, i7 - 3770K, 32Gb, SSD, RME PCIe Multiface 2, CC121) Cubase 9.5 64bit. BFD3, Superior Drummer, Halion, Halion Symphonic, Sonic, The Grand 3, Groove Agent 4, Absynth 5, Korg legacy Digital, POD Farm 2, Guitar Rig Pro 5, Scuffham Amp 2, Slate, various guitars and basses by Fender and Doug Wilkes. I tend to use real drums in final recordings.

Return to “The Grand 3”